What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oldest t-shirt you still wear regularly (1 Viewer)

A T-shirt I got during AF tech school that represented my class. It’s from 1999, still fits me perfectly, and in great shape. 

I have an Etowah Indian Mounds t shirt from high school, purchased sometime before 1990. It's a little big, but the graphic is surprisingly well preserved.

I've got Footballguys and Blackeyedjoe.com shirts from the early 2000s. The Blackeyedjoe shirt is nearly transparent now.

As long as it doesn't have an exact date on it. I don't want to look like I've been walking around for 20 years wearing the same shirt.

Joy Division Love Will Tear Us Apart. Going to wear it to a New Order show in Miami in January. I also have the original Unknown Pleasures shirt not that Hot Topic garbage version I often see.

I have some vintage concert tshirts I still sport but not necessarily regularly.

Rush Moving Pictures I've had since a concert in '81 and the Amboy Dukes (Ted Nugent) Tooth, Fang and Claw print- the one that Mathew McConaughey wears in Dazed and Confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a Nike t-shirt... maybe 10 years old now.

A sweatshirt I bought in 2005, I am wearing right now. Won't throw it out either.

I wear 2 Bar mitzvah shirts pretty regularly. one is from 1992. The other from 93. 

So they are pretty close to being 30 years old.

Long sleeve T - a Kansas law shirt from 2003

About once a week for ten years I wear a 2009 tri shirt to run in. Figure that's roughly 500 times 🙊

It's certainly not in the outside the house rotation but I have one from  late 2002 (freshman year of college). Sold to me as a fundraiser for our school volleyball team by my buddy's then girlfriend (now ex-wife)

Still in really good shape. Makes me feel pretty stupid about buying "nice" t shirts that lose their shape after like 2 washes

*An old Stones (classic tongue logo on black t tshirt that is several decades old.   Faded  w/ the logo having a very worn look to it (but the worn look to it adds to it's character imo) 

*A  Banksy t-shirt w/ the Hooligan Throwing Flowers print on the shirt.  Not crazy old, but one of the oldest t's I have and also one of my fav's. 

these next 3 aren't necessarily t-shirts but i'll list em anyway: 

*A Jay Williams Duke jersey from back around his junior year at Duke. 

*My wife has a Chris Henry jersey that is sort of old I suppose.   I always thought it was a very cool jersey, and one that you would rarely see.  

* Christian Laettner  T-wolves jersey that I got his rookie year. 

1989, freshman year HS orientation we were all given school branded t-shirts

great shirt. school closed the year after i enrolled so these were the last ever issued.

it's paper thin and has holes in the armpits but i still wear it time and again if i'm running somewhere like the gas station or grocery store for a few things.

Not t-shirts, but I have a Nike golf shirt I got back in 1999-200ish and a Cade McNown  :oldunsure: Bears jersey from about the same time.  

rockaction said:
Sweet. Bootleg? 
Yeah, I'm assuming so.   I'm kind  of a sucker for unique t-shirts that sort of pay homage to things I dig.   I went looking for a Banksy shirt of either the "flower throw" or the "balloon girl."   I think I ultimately found the shirt on Ebay.   Years later I did end up getting a nice balloon girl print for a wall hanging which still resides on the wall.  

Phish Y2K shirt that I bought in Big Cypress. I only wear it a couple times per year. Must be worth good money by now, that show was so good.

I have a black Dickies work shirt from around 1998-1999 that I still wear regularly.  Hasn't faded one bit and still looks brand new.

I still periodically wear a Pearl Jam No Code tour t-shirt.  That dates it to 96 or 97.

The longest running t-shirt I ever wore was a Twin '87 world series t shirt I wore until you could see through it.  It finally started to disintegrate (literally) so it had to go.

I have some vintage concert tshirts I still sport but not necessarily regularly.

Rush Moving Pictures I've had since a concert in '81 and the Amboy Dukes (Ted Nugent) Tooth, Fang and Claw print- the one that Mathew McConaughey wears in Dazed and Confused.
Wish I still had my rush shirt, the first concert I went to.

says every Phish fan about ever Phish show they ever saw

or heard on tape

or heard of

even the ones that don't actually exist
False. Phish fans can be quite hard on the band when a show falls flat. I’ve still not forgiven the boys for delivering 12/5/97 to my ears when every other show on that fall tour was stellar. Note also that in my post I downplayed the excellence of the 12/31/99 event. It was the greatest rock concert in history, there can be no doubt. Listen to it when you have eight free hours to have your mind blown. Love that show.

False. Phish fans can be quite hard on the band when a show falls flat. I’ve still not forgiven the boys for delivering 12/5/97 to my ears when every other show on that fall tour was stellar. Note also that in my post I downplayed the excellence of the 12/31/99 event. It was the greatest rock concert in history, there can be no doubt. Listen to it when you have eight free hours to have your mind blown. Love that show.
i first became aware of Phish's existence in 1992

by the end of 1992 i'd heard enough

it's not that i "hate" them or anything but... i get it. it's just not for me. 

A Rock n Roll Hall of Fame long sleeve that a slut gave me when I was dating my wife. It's tattered and worn and she hates it but I wear it every chance I get ...drives my wife crazy to no end. Best shirt ever!!! 

* I have to hide it when it comes out of the dryer...Yes I do laundry. 😕

Users who are viewing this thread