What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF Browns vs Jets 50th Anniversary Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Hi I’m the browns coach and I’m paid lots of money to have my franchise qb almost get his leg snapped dropping back to pass while up 20 with a minute left against a team with a qb that wasn’t on a roster yesterday 
is there really anything to add to this comment? Holy coaching abomination. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Booger actually said something I agreed with, then Mayfield got hit. 
Honestly, if Darnold played, I think the Jets may have won this game. Kitchens has been extremely underwhelming to me. If Gregg Williams didn't play his safeties on the freakin' moon, that beckham TD never happens, and this is a tight game. 

Browns did what they needed to do.  

doesn’t prove a damn thing, but hopefully they can build on it.  
Yes. I agree. I still think they're overrated, but that's a game you just get out of healthy and glad you are. That was never in doubt from the beginning. 

Hi I’m the browns coach and I’m paid lots of money to have my franchise qb almost get his leg snapped dropping back to pass while up 20 with a minute left against a team with a qb that wasn’t on a roster yesterday 
@RossTuckerNFL: Nick Chubb just came out of medical tent, got helmet, & immediately went back in for a bone-rattling carry up 23-3 with two minutes left.

And their backup RB is "D'Ernest Johnson".

I don't get it. At all.

@RossTuckerNFL: Nick Chubb just came out of medical tent, got helmet, & immediately went back in for a bone-rattling carry up 23-3 with two minutes left.

I don't get it. At all.
they hardly played in the preseason.  

they need reps, i guess?

I don't get it. At all.
Dumb Neanderthal coach thinks he is instilling toughness or something stupid. 

“We play to the last whistle!”

My kid was freaking out because he needed a point to win.  I said sorry dude they are killing clock at this point.  They line up on 3rd down and try to throw it.  He’s like yea what do you know dad

My kid was freaking out because he needed a point to win.  I said sorry dude they are killing clock at this point.  They line up on 3rd down and try to throw it.  He’s like yea what do you know dad
I love when they're so much dumber than us that the youth questions our wisdom. I say that without sarcasm. It's like when the guy sees a face card or ten up in blackjack and hits a hard sixteen into it and gets a four and the person you're trying to show basics looks at you... Argy bargy. 

How's Baker looking?  I kept hearing he was looking awful and the OBJ was over rated and the Giants won that trade.  
Baker did look pretty awful to be honest. Jets secondary is terrible and that play was all OBJ (who is one of the most talented WRs in the league, not sure who calls him overrated).

ETA: well I have seen one poster go off on him but he’s wrong about most of what he posts.

Bill Belichick:

"Jets are a good team. 'snort'. We're going to need to execute in all 3 phases of the game 'snicker'."

:rolleyes:
Q: What do you think about the Jets?

Belichick: They're a dangerous team. This is the NFL.

(Belichick of course, thinks a non-poisonous arachnid is dangerous. Define "dangerous," fool. He thinks the NFL is stupid. Question your assumptions, media)

This is ugly before it happened. This is worse than butt fumble. People had some expectations before butt fumble. Couldn't be that embarrassing, they thought.

Whoops.

This. is. that. bad. 

Baker did look pretty awful to be honest. Jets secondary is terrible and that play was all OBJ (who is one of the most talented WRs in the league, not sure who calls him overrated).

ETA: well I have seen one poster go off on him but he’s wrong about most of what he posts.
I think that could apply to several of us, GB. Maybe even the "wrong..." part, too. Heh.

As for OBJ, officially? I think his talent is utterly transcendent. There's just no doubt. One hand and slant to the house are nearly his NY trademark from the Giants, but I get frustrated with the Pig Pen cloud of divaness that surrounds him. It was cool for a time, but it's getting worse. That's why I took out that thread. I love guys like Deion and guys that talk and play and help their team; that are crazy and play and help their team; that are flamboyant and play and help their team. It's all in the predicate, though. And that's important. Are you helping your team? OBJ can run the gamut, for sure. I'd love to see him always on the positive side of that ledger. 

In retrospect, he is right about tinting enforcement. But he needs to know now to keep it extra clean. 

careful that can get you banned a week

Please stop mucking up the thread with whining. Keep it 100% on football. 
Will do, but for the record it's a little hypocritical to tell me to "have a thicker skin" when I report guys being jack wagons, but then you're offended by my pointing out that you banned a guy for making fun of a commercial. This thread is about yesterdays game... pretty sure its all mucked up from here on out

Honestly, if Darnold played, I think the Jets may have won this game. Kitchens has been extremely underwhelming to me. If Gregg Williams didn't play his safeties on the freakin' moon, that beckham TD never happens, and this is a tight game. 
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.  :shrug:

I'm not sure that saying is accurate anymore. Nonetheless, through 2 weeks, I've seen nothing to suggest the Browns are a playoff contender. 
 I’m pretty sure you can only play the teams that are on the schedule. 

The Browns were expected to throttle the Jets if they were any kind of decent defense and they were expected to put up some points if they were any kind of decent offense. 

They achieved both last night. 

I’m not saying I saw a team full of world beaters, but they certainly looked competent. I chalk game one up to getting out over their skis a little on the preseason hype. 

I agree  they don’t look that great, but it’s also only two games and I think they have a lot of room for growth. I believe there’s enough talent on this team for them to be a playoff contender. But time will tell. 

I’m not a Cleveland fan, just an observer. 

Users who are viewing this thread