What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB is too deep these days (1 Viewer)

wlwiles

Footballguy
Just checked in all of my 1QB leagues (12 and 14 team) to see if the Brees or Ben owners were in a bind. Or if the Cam or Winston owner is panicking. In one league I’ve got Watson and Lamar, and I offered both up. But every owner I identified as a potential target also has Wentz, or Brady, or Dalton, or Murray, or Lamar themself. 

I remember not so long ago trading Ben to a guy who lost Romo mid-season, and it netted me Brandon Marshall and a playoff push. 

Starting to think 2 QB/Superflex leagues are mandatory now...It’s impossible to trade a QB these days

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option is to not draft a back-up QB that you’re hoping to trade if you know that nobody in your league trades for QBs and comparable QB value can be found on the waiver wire if your starter gets injured.
That’s part of my point.  There’s enough on the wire in a 1QB league that there’s no need to trade anything for a Lamar or Brady if you just lost Ben/Brees, just go grab a waiver one and roll.

I won’t play in any new leagues that aren’t 2QB or superflex. I greatly enjoy trading, but QB is so deep and TE so shallow that it’s almost impossible to make trades in standard league formats unless you’re thin at RB and a fellow owner is deep there and thin at WR, or vice versa. There’s effectively no option C any more.

My main league switched to 2QB around 10 years ago -- and even back then we thought the QB position was too deep.

It was just so ridiculous to see stud QBs on the waiver wire every week, or to see people streaming QBs like you'd stream a kicker.

2QB fixed that immediately. It's the only way to play.

We used to do 2QB when we were 10 teams. We jumped to 12 teams about 4 years ago and I could never convince everyone to do superflex. Yea 1qb is boring. Makes the position almost pointless despite them being the highest scorers each week usually.

Try playing in 16 man leagues, fixes that instantly.  I'm in a big bind in three of my leagues.
Better yet 16 team superflex (including defenses). Most teams are stressed SOMEWHERE, with every 3rd or 4th team very uncomfortable at QB and several carrying only 1 starter.

Add in deep rosters and deep lineups (say...12 total), pump up defensive scoring and voila....trades everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I'll be switching to super flex formats in all of may redrafts next year and also trying to join a dynasty super flex. 

Either that or passing TD's should be bumped back up to 5 or 6 points in standard scoring to create more distance between the the 4th best QB and the 14th best. 

Users who are viewing this thread