What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 3 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Trying to keep learning for Week 3.   

This is going to be an interesting one, especially with the high priced guys - L.Jackson and Mahomes square off.  Dak/Zeke get Miami.  Cook gets Oak.  Barkley vs. TB. McCaffrey in the main slate.   Andrews probably still not bumped up enough.

It's going to be hard picking between the studs and then which scrubs to pair with them.  

I put in for a cash holder:

Allen - Zeke/Cook/Carson - Sanu/Beasley/Sanders - Andrews - NE.   But man, that starts to look rough at the RB3 and a couple of those WR spots.  

I don't usually put in for a place holder, but I did one last night for cash.  This is what I came up with:

Dak  -  Freeman, Gore, Sanders  -  ##### Brown, Goodwin, Thielen  -  Kelce  -  Cowboys

I will most definitely change out Goodwin, especially after the trade to Pit, but not seeing anything I like there.  Sanders also a likely move, but I like the rest of the it.

I don't usually put in for a place holder, but I did one last night for cash.  This is what I came up with:

Dak  -  Freeman, Gore, Sanders  -  ##### Brown, Goodwin, Thielen  -  Kelce  -  Cowboys

I will most definitely change out Goodwin, especially after the trade to Pit, but not seeing anything I like there.  Sanders also a likely move, but I like the rest of the it.
I just can't do Minn receivers for dfs, especially for cash.  If my math is right, they haven't even passed 40 times on the season, and Thielen only has 11 or 12 targets on the year.   Watkins had 13 last week.   Within 300 salary there are guys like Godwin, K.Allen, and Watkins if this is the way you want to go.  

My first thoughts on building cash lineup

You have to pay for these RB's right?  I mean Barkley, Zeke, Cook, McCaffrey all look like gold at first glance.  Pick 3 if you can.  

That virtually made it a chore to build a lineup around Barkley, Zeke, McCaffrey so I went off Barkley to Cook, still impossible.  You're going to have to make a choice.  I'll play with a lot and listen to a few podcasts to get a better idea of how to go about this, but as of now I'm running with Zeke, McCaffrey.

That still is a lot of salary to spend so cheap everywhere else is basically a must.  But I found some cheap options I kind of like.  Randall Cobb (no Gallup, against Miami, break a big one for me), Cole Beasley (#2 option, against the Bengals who let the 49ers do absolutely anything they wanted against them), Deebo Samuel (pricing is behind after breakouts per usual so I'm staying on this train, he's the #1 WR on that team already).   

I usually like to build around obvious choices, fill in some holes with value, then see what kind of salary I have left over for upgrades.  That lineup so far left me with Matt Ryan at QB, Jared Cook at TE (a little nervous with Bridgewater, but he did target Rudolph a lot when he was in Minnesota), and Sony Michel at flex.  Along with Minnesota D and you have a cash lineup.  

WR is clearly a weakness, so is TE and possibly flex as well.  But the RB core I feel is a must with these matchups.  

My first thoughts on building cash lineup

You have to pay for these RB's right?  I mean Barkley, Zeke, Cook, McCaffrey all look like gold at first glance.  Pick 3 if you can.  

That virtually made it a chore to build a lineup around Barkley, Zeke, McCaffrey so I went off Barkley to Cook, still impossible.  You're going to have to make a choice.  I'll play with a lot and listen to a few podcasts to get a better idea of how to go about this, but as of now I'm running with Zeke, McCaffrey.
Yeah, I don't think you can do all three.  We were able to a year ago b/c there would be 3 in the 7000s that were crushing.  I think it's also going to be a scary proposition getting away from a D playing Mia or NE at home vs. Jets in cash too, but those are hella expensive for a D.  

I think most of my week is going to be spent digging through the sub 5K WRs to try to find some target volume guys.   

Right now if I would have to make a choice, I THINK I would have to lock in Zeke/Andrews and try my best to get a 3rd stud RB in there.   Also with there volume of passing, I do think guys like Ryan/Murray/Dalton are worth a look, but I don't think I could go too much cheaper than that knowing that L.Jackson, Dak, and Mahomes are going to popular plays as well.  

Difficult week on first glance.  

I start with Mahomes/Kelce every week. Then at D I choose the Dolphins (now or Jets) opponent. Patriots are cheaper, so I'm going there.

This week I filled in Burkhead/Metcalf/Agholor as cheap options to allow a very flexible salary RB/RB/WR final third.

Noob here. I stick more to double-ups but thinking about trying this for a tournament line-up this week. 

Dak

Zeke/Marlon Mack

Amari Cooper/Calvin Ridley/Philip Dorsett

Witten

Chris Carson

Tampa

:moneybag:

Noob here. I stick more to double-ups but thinking about trying this for a tournament line-up this week. 

Dak

Zeke/Marlon Mack

Witten

Chris Carson

Tampa

Depends on the tournament, I don't think it has enough high variance things for it to work out for you.  Not that the lineup is bad, I think you need a sneaky play in there somewhere rather than just "semi under the radar" types of plays.  That and if Dak has a good game, it's likely Zeke doesn't have that good of a game.  It's a weird non-stack.  I'd consider something like Peyton Barber with Tampa D as a stack as well, then do what you want with the savings.  

After some fiddling and listening to a few pod's, I came up with this for cash 

Kyler

Zeke, Dalvin, Mack

Lockett, Deebo, Agholor

Hooper

Patriots

Bones wise I like this a lot better than my initial thoughts.  It left me with $0.  

Dak

Zeke/Marlon Mack

Witten

Chris Carson

Tampa

@Murph  - FWIW statistically it's better to have a WR in the flex spot on DK for tournaments.    

ETA:  If I remember right, I think it was something like 60%+ top LUs had a WR in flex.  

ETA 2:  Also, I believe it's statistically better to have a stack + a comeback from the opposing team.   so something Like Dak + Cooper and coming back with D.Parker.  

Last edited by a moderator:
After some fiddling and listening to a few pod's, I came up with this for cash 

Kyler

Zeke, Dalvin, Mack

Lockett, Deebo, Agholor

Hooper

Patriots

Bones wise I like this a lot better than my initial thoughts.  It left me with $0.  
Which of these guys were pods talking about getting in LUs?  

The scary thing about this LU and the one I posted is that there are no KC and NE O parts in there.  

Is this the week Winston is finally worth his price?

Could be a good week to stack him with Godwin. 

I like Zeke. Probably fade Dak. Still good value in Andrews.

A lot could change with injuries to KC backfield, Connor, etc.

Feels like a tough week.  Does anyone else think the pricing is the best its been this year?   Having a hard time putting something together I really like.

What about D.Byrd for AZ as a 3K option on DK this week?  7 targets each of the first 2 weeks and so far as 2.7x and 3.5x on his salary.  Not going to win you a gpp with his air yards and aDoT, but might get 8-10pts and get you what you want in the LU for cash.  Also has a RZ target each of the first two weeks. 

So for DK, targets and volume are key for ppr I would assume.  So if we are needing to punt a little at WR this week, I wrote down names that are 4.5K or lower with 7+ targets/game average: (in order of most targets):

McLaurin (4.5K)

Agholor (3.6K)

Sutton (4.5K)

Fowler (3.7K)

Amendola (3.8K)

D.Parker (4.0K)

D.Byrd (3.0K)

The two highlighted hit 3x value each of the first two weeks, and Byrd was close.  

3 more sub-5K guys that stuck out were  E.Sanders at 4.8K, Cobb at 4.6K with Gallup being out, and DK Metcalf at 4.7K.  Metcalf has slightly fewer targets, but has hit 3x the first 2 games so far and didn't get a huge price bump.    

Then there are some very interesting names hovering around the 5K range:  Kirk, L.Fitz, J.Ross.   All 3 of these guys are averaging 10+ targets a game so far.  

Thinking about the cash build and the rbs that are getting touted, I think this is a perfect week for gpps to just do a different construction but still be able to take studs.  

Ie - instead of going with 2-3 of the 7K+  RBs, what about something like:

Winston - 2 of: Carson/Mack/Michel - Julio/ABrown/Evans/Agholor - Andrews - SF

You are still getting 2 home bellcow backs, and you are getting studs at WR who could all go off at any time and keep up with the people playing Zeke/Cook, etc..  

I like the opposite pivot for GPP plays, cheap RB, pay up for WR and hope you hit.  Lot of good WR's that are relatively cheap compared to workhorse RB's.  There's a lot of obvious pivot plays to me for tournaments that I'm not exactly sure where to go.  The one I came up with is kind of paying middle of the road for everyone.  I don't do a lot of GPP's anyways but it's interesting to look at it. 

Came up with this one with a shot a prayer

Kyler Murray

Kamara, David Johnson, Yeldon

Keenan Allen, Larry Fitz, DJ Moore

Vance McDonald

Buccaneers

Mike Evans is interesting, so is a Bridgewater stack with MT and Kamara as a big pivot.  Jaylen Samuels maybe, if I want to pay higher at WR even, go MT, Keenan, Evans maybe.  Lots of idea's, not a whole lot into a lineup yet.  

I like the opposite pivot for GPP plays, cheap RB, pay up for WR and hope you hit.  Lot of good WR's that are relatively cheap compared to workhorse RB's.  There's a lot of obvious pivot plays to me for tournaments that I'm not exactly sure where to go.  The one I came up with is kind of paying middle of the road for everyone.  I don't do a lot of GPP's anyways but it's interesting to look at it. 

Kyler Murray

Vance McDonald

Buccaneers

Mike Evans is interesting, so is a Bridgewater stack with MT and Kamara as a big pivot.  Jaylen Samuels maybe, if I want to pay higher at WR even, go MT, Keenan, Evans maybe.  Lots of idea's, not a whole lot into a lineup yet.  
I'm using that theory for a $1 gpp

Watson,Breida, ThompsonHopkins,Evans,Allen,Kelce,D Smith, SF

Maybe it's not the best way to look at it, but I was staring at the list of RBs who had 18+touches/g average in the first couple games (16 names on the list), and was comparing that with their prices.  I realize that a little more has to be considered, but what about breaking down the list to $/touch for that player to see what values stick out?     

Example - Zeke is averaging 20 touches/game but costs 8900, so that's 445/touch.   McCaffrey averages 26/game (a lot more targets for DK) and costs 8700, so that's 334/touch.    I just thought it was a numerical way to look at volume these RBs might be getting compared to their prices.  

Of the 16, the highest 3 $/touch by far were:  Zeke, Barkley, Kamara

McCaffrey/Cook/Ekeler were the best of the studs for this metric

The best 4 values were:  Lindsay, Mack, Bell, A.Jones 

Again, more factors come into play like OL, skill, etc.. just thought it was interesting.  

Kyler Murray

Vance McDonald

Buccaneers

I'm with you on the pivot play. 

Feels like a tough week.  Does anyone else think the pricing is the best its been this year?   Having a hard time putting something together I really like.
Yes but there are some clear exceptions so a good week to play cash imo. GPPs could be difficult because I think we will see some high ownerships given how few the great values are. 

Yes but there are some clear exceptions so a good week to play cash imo. GPPs could be difficult because I think we will see some high ownerships given how few the great values are. 
I think I agree with you here.  I just really don't do well at cash.  I am either top 5% or I am bottom 5%.  I just have that gpp mentality, and I've never really explored cash games, although I did set one last week and doubled up.  It was a single entry and I was top 5%.

It also could be a good week to go ultra contrarian in the gpps and have no expectations.  Something like a Dalton/Boyd/Ross stack would make room for some higher priced guys.  Buffalo looks good, but they haven't really been tested on defense.  Do we really know what they are?  Can they match the speed the Bengals will bring?  Bring it back with Brown.

Another contrarian play I am considering in gpp is a Jones/Engram/Fowler?? stack.  Bring it back with Evans.  I don't know.  It could be popular to the NYG crowd, but I don't think it will be too far owned.  If tampa stacks the box to stop Barkley, I could see Jones having some openings. I do think the problem there was Manning, and it should get a little better on their offense.  I would like this more if I could put Golden Tate in there instead of someone like Fowler.

Again, if I have no expectations going into the week, something might just work.  Mentioned above, but I do really like Byrd as a 3K gpp play as well.  

Ya. If you’re going to game stack Bengals or Giants, I’m sure you can get away with the “obvious” guys around them. 

Tight end is a disaster this week. Andrews is ok in a Lamar or Mahomes GPP team, but other than that I hate everyone.

I have to ask, who's running a Kyle Allen cash lineup? This is what I came up with after about 1 minute of looking and just clicking on who I can afford

Kyle Allen

Barkley, Zeke, Dalvin Cook

Agholor, Manny Sanders, Lockett

Hayden Hurst

Chargers D

I have to say, I don't hate it.  Not sure if Lockett is a very smart play or not though, seems to be limited targets for him each week, but other than that this might be viable

I have to ask, who's running a Kyle Allen cash lineup? This is what I came up with after about 1 minute of looking and just clicking on who I can afford

Kyle Allen

Hayden Hurst

Chargers D

I have to say, I don't hate it.  Not sure if Lockett is a very smart play or not though, seems to be limited targets for him each week, but other than that this might be viable
I like it if you are going under the premise of low expectations.  Allen could be a dumpster fire, but I don't think he can be much worse than Cam was last week.  

I notice no stack, but if you pivot off Barkley to McCaffrey (who I think will see some check downs from Allen), then you can fit Golloday in there over Lockett.

I'm not sure about Hurst unless Andrews is out, but I can see the upside.  Love the Chargers D this week.  So many sacks = more opp for a sack/ff/fr/TD combo, and the Texans give up a lot of sacks.

No matter what, in a gpp, you need things to go your way, and going against people throwing in 150 lineups makes it that much more important to take those chances (like Hurst)  Just my opinion.

I like it if you are going under the premise of low expectations.  Allen could be a dumpster fire, but I don't think he can be much worse than Cam was last week.  

I notice no stack, but if you pivot off Barkley to McCaffrey (who I think will see some check downs from Allen), then you can fit Golloday in there over Lockett.

I'm not sure about Hurst unless Andrews is out, but I can see the upside.  Love the Chargers D this week.  So many sacks = more opp for a sack/ff/fr/TD combo, and the Texans give up a lot of sacks.

No matter what, in a gpp, you need things to go your way, and going against people throwing in 150 lineups makes it that much more important to take those chances (like Hurst)  Just my opinion.
I was thinking of this more for cash.  Kyle Allen was a good QB in his start last year, showed well in preseason as well.  I don't think he'll be that bad.  Hurst is the other question mark maybe, but with what's likely a 60 point total game he has to get some work right?  For DK, full PPR, I think it could work.  Don't get me wrong I don't feel comfortable trotting this out there, but it was a quick lineup I came up with realizing I could save big by going to Kyle Allen and fitting in 3 stud RB's.  

I was thinking of this more for cash.  Kyle Allen was a good QB in his start last year, showed well in preseason as well.  I don't think he'll be that bad.  Hurst is the other question mark maybe, but with what's likely a 60 point total game he has to get some work right?  For DK, full PPR, I think it could work.  Don't get me wrong I don't feel comfortable trotting this out there, but it was a quick lineup I came up with realizing I could save big by going to Kyle Allen and fitting in 3 stud RB's.  
Thus proving my point that I suck at cash L/Us.  😂

My revised cash lineup.  Bolded are the changes and added my reasons behind it.  

Kyler

Zeke, Dalvin, Mack

E. Sanders (it was Agholor), Deebo, Cobb (it was Lockett) -  This seems safer to me.  Agholor makes me nervous against Darius Slay and I think they might just run the ball a lot and work Ertz more than normal.  Agholor is now a fade for me in all cash lineups. 

Greg Olsen (was Hooper) -Not sure how I feel about Olsen quite yet, but he gets targets, Kyle Allen isn't bad and it's an underrated shootout.  Still leaves me with $300 left over so I might toy with a few others here 

Patriots
*Bonus thought was Damiere Byrd (instead of Cobb) like Karma suggested and run it back with Ekeler at flex instead of Mack if the injury is serious, I'll have to check back in a few more days to see if Mack is playing.

I know I bring them up a lot, but wanted thoughts about how you guys approach cash games.   A pod this morning said that DK cash is going to be brutal this week because of having the same roster constructions.  Basically their claim was that most people are going to have:  At least one of McCaffrey/Zeke - K.Allen(wr)/Fitz/Agholor - NE/Dallas.   

1.  Do you think this is true - that is going to be the construction for a vast majority of LUs?

2.  Does that make you gun shy about playing cash on a week like this - bascially if we are saying that's true, it only gives you qb, Rb2, TE, flex that you are having much variabilty in your lineups with.  

3.  Do you put much stock into the above and worry much about ownership %s for cash.  What brought this on is I think I have a different build since I don't have K.Allen (wr) in my current build, and am thinking about paying down at all 3 WR spots.   I am still going to run what I like for a cash LU, but is that me being a donkey on a week like this?   

I know I bring them up a lot, but wanted thoughts about how you guys approach cash games.   A pod this morning said that DK cash is going to be brutal this week because of having the same roster constructions.  Basically their claim was that most people are going to have:  At least one of McCaffrey/Zeke - K.Allen(wr)/Fitz/Agholor - NE/Dallas.   

1.  Do you think this is true - that is going to be the construction for a vast majority of LUs?

2.  Does that make you gun shy about playing cash on a week like this - bascially if we are saying that's true, it only gives you qb, Rb2, TE, flex that you are having much variabilty in your lineups with.  

3.  Do you put much stock into the above and worry much about ownership %s for cash.  What brought this on is I think I have a different build since I don't have K.Allen (wr) in my current build, and am thinking about paying down at all 3 WR spots.   I am still going to run what I like for a cash LU, but is that me being a donkey on a week like this?   
1- my lineup looks alot like that(Dalton,Zeke,Cook,Fitz, Agholar,Watkins,Hooper,Barber,NE)

2-not really, I get more worried when a guy I really like for cash is less than 5% owned which is usually 2-3 players on my roster. See Dalton/Barber above.

3-think I covered this in 2

1. No, I don't think this week will be some statistically significant outlier in terms of ownership. Every week has an abundance of chalky plays.
2. No.
3. No.

1. No, I don't think this week will be some statistically significant outlier in terms of ownership. Every week has an abundance of chalky plays.
2. No.
3. No.
I guess I would say "maybe" to #1.  Sure there is chalk every week, but sometimes it seems like the way the games/players line up the chalk also falls in line with a specific build for the cash games and popular gpp builds.   

So IMO I think it's probably unwise to get off of playing at least 2 of:  Zeke/McCaffrey/Cook/Ekeler  and then Agholor and either NE or Dallas D.  Because those 3 Rbs are close in price, that makes it so that the builds are pretty similar.  It's not like you can also jam in Mahomes and Kelce with those guys so you are probably paying down a little at QB and TE (focusing the pool on those positions as well) and then the decision is something like either pay up for Keenan Allen or Ekeler.     Some weeks there is chalk, but you will have 2-3 RBs in smash spots and 2-3 top WRs in smash spots, so you might have more flexibility with your construction.  That's what I am saying.   I have decided I am just going with what I have written down, and not sweat it too much if it's different that what I think others are playing.  Just was curious how others approach it, because if somebody like Agholor is 75% owned in cash and you don't have him, for sure that decision matters.  

Here are my gpp pivots and ideas after staring at stuff and listening to pods:

RB:  L.Bell, Kamara, Michel, M.Sanders

All don't make me feel great, but that's what gpps are for.   Bell could catch 10+ balls again, and if he breaks one... I THINK we will have rock bottom ownership for two stud NO guys for a couple weeks.  Pats are always low owned b/c they are unpredictable, and Sanders is a pivot from everybody flocking to Agholor.  

WR:  Golloday, Metcalf, Car Wrs, M.Thomas, NE Wrs , T.Williams

Most have top WOPR scores and a couple like Metcalf, Williams, and Golloday have good aDOTs too.  

TE:  Hockenson, Olsen, and if you can figure out the lowest owned of the stud TEs - I am guessing Kittle or Engram.  

DT:   Chargers, Packers, 9ers

One of these weeks the "start who plays Miami" won't work, and those Ds eat a lot of salary.  

Stacks:  

Carolina -  this game will be quick, Allen is 4K, and wasn't horrible in week 17 last year.    Uber cheap stack and will allow you studs around it, and plenty of AZ options to run it back with. 

Examples:  Allen - C.Samuel/Olsen - Fitz     or Allen - McCaffrey/Samuel - Kirk      Stuff like that.  

Stafford - Golloday - Ertz

Brady - Edelman - L.Bell

Wilson - Metcalf - M.Thomas or Kamara

Kyle Allen

Hayden Hurst

Chargers D

I'm using Kyle Allen in one gpp lineup. It's not my ideal lineup but it allowed for some players that I couldn't fit in my other roster builds.

Also I feel like Agholor is the fade of the week even at $3600. He'll be 30%+ owned. I like Ertz a lot more after 16 targets last week. 

TwinTurbo said:
I'm using Kyle Allen in one gpp lineup. It's not my ideal lineup but it allowed for some players that I couldn't fit in my other roster builds.

Also I feel like Agholor is the fade of the week even at $3600. He'll be 30%+ owned. I like Ertz a lot more after 16 targets last week. 
If the projections are right about Agholor, then I can see why you would fade him.  I think Ertz does get a lot of targets,  I am thinking of a pivot over to Arcega-Whiteside.  I believe he is just $100 less than Agholor, and the upside is there.  I am talking about GPP.  In cash, I think I stick with Agholor.

Kyle Allen all the way!!

Tempted to use this beast in cash, but couldn't quite do it- I put it in a couple cheap gpps.  Paid way down at WR with guys who could be seeing more targets this week and paid up for elite RBs:

K.Allen - Barkley/Zeke/McCaffrey - J.Wash/Agholor/D.Smith - Andrews - NE

Ya'll I'm freaking out.  I'm in 1st place in a daily dollar tournament.  I don't know what to do except panic that it's going to go away after the night game.  

Users who are viewing this thread