What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 3 (1 Viewer)

It's only an 8 point lead after the afternoon games.  Goes until Monday night so I'll probably drop a decent amount if there's any noteworthy performances from these 2 games coming up. 

Either way that's exciting to see that I am in 1st, scoring 246.  Crazy how I can't cash sometimes in double ups and what not and yet tournament lineups can have no trouble every once in a while.  

Anyways here's a pic 

https://ibb.co/X2yWBDf

Good luck, @Zyphros!  

Absolutely brutal week for me.  Might be tapping out quicker than usual.  :( .  Only hit 1 gpp for 75cents.  Nothing else was close. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, @Zyphros!  

Absolutely brutal week for me.  Might be tapping out quicker than usual.  :( .  Only hit 1 gpp for 75cents.  Nothing else was close. 
Scored my best week ever last week. This week was not kind. I had one team score over 200, Wilson stack with Kamara. Rest of my lineups scored 175 or worse and it definitely wasn't enough. I only play DK gpp, so pretty much any score below 165 didn't cash. 

And in the SNF showdowns, not enough Kupp in the CPT spot so far...

There's only 1 team within 20 points and 1 player remaining.  It's a RB and I have to believe it's Montgomery.

Next closest is 30 points away with Def remaining.  

1 threat 40 points away with a QB/WR stack of some kind.  Not sure which as I can't see lineups obviously.  

Other than those 3, I see no threats on the board right now unless someone has the entire game locked and loaded.  

I've never really focused so hard on a result before haha

There's only 1 team within 20 points and 1 player remaining.  It's a RB and I have to believe it's Montgomery.

1 threat 40 points away with a QB/WR stack of some kind.  Not sure which as I can't see lineups obviously.  

Other than those 3, I see no threats on the board right now unless someone has the entire game locked and loaded.  

You/We could probably figure that out based on the salary that team has left playing.   Probably Trubisky/ARob or Keenum/McLaurin?

Anyway, good luck tonight!!

Awesome man !!

Not a great week, but not a bad week for me.   I did hit a score of 214 in the million maker, but had two spots that gave me a total of 8 points.  Had I shored those two spots up, it could have been a lot better.  Such as it is.  I wouldn't have been close enough to really sweat the million, but I could have made a nice payday.

I like Monty in the captain spot tonight, but I think its chalk.  However, in the showdowns, that doesn't really matter because if you don't have them there and he's the guy, you got no shot.

Caesar said:
Not a great week, but not a bad week for me.   I did hit a score of 214 in the million maker, but had two spots that gave me a total of 8 points.  Had I shored those two spots up, it could have been a lot better.  Such as it is.  I wouldn't have been close enough to really sweat the million, but I could have made a nice payday.

I like Monty in the captain spot tonight, but I think its chalk.  However, in the showdowns, that doesn't really matter because if you don't have them there and he's the guy, you got no shot.
214 is a nice score. I think collectively the group in this thread could come up with a team that scores 240+. Let's try it for week 4. 

Like I'm not sure if TE was where you only got 8 pts, but I had Dissly or Waller in almost every lineup. Conversely I needed someone to talk me out of DK Metcalf and Golladay. 

214 is a nice score. I think collectively the group in this thread could come up with a team that scores 240+. Let's try it for week 4. 

Like I'm not sure if TE was where you only got 8 pts, but I had Dissly or Waller in almost every lineup. Conversely I needed someone to talk me out of DK Metcalf and Golladay. 
Then my question is why were you on these 2?  I look at a lot of target share, air yards, aDOT stuff, and I neither of those 2 showed up on my lists last week.  

Was it something you saw in the stats, they just fit in price-wise?  

I wouldn't have been your guy for Golladay - I was way overweight on him in gpps.  I had a lot of Metcalf too.  

Listening to the Gillcast, and just interesting how off I am on these cash games, after listening to their "obvious" plays and they put up 190-210 in cash.  

I had 0% of these guys, what were their ownership in cash:

K.Murray

Burkhead

Edelman

K.Allen (wr)

Ertz

One of the spots was TE.  I had Ebron.  Darwin Thompson was my longshot and it just didn't work out.  8.5 combined.  There wasn't a lot of salary to move around too much, but I could have gotten a few more points with someone like Olsen.

Then my question is why were you on these 2?  I look at a lot of target share, air yards, aDOT stuff, and I neither of those 2 showed up on my lists last week.  

I wouldn't have been your guy for Golladay - I was way overweight on him in gpps.  I had a lot of Metcalf too.  
Waller I could see because I thought he has had pretty good target share for the first two weeks, but Dissly is someone I wouldn't have really been on.  

Of these I only used Murray for cash

K.Murray-15.09

Burkhead-10.82

Edelman-7.74

K.Allen (wr)-29.56

Ertz-33.77
Thanks, I'm on my phone and couldn't find it quickly.  

Their main argument was that once the White news released, Burkhead should have been locked, and Edelman should have been almost that.  Neither are over 11%, so it's either not obvious or there are a ton of fish out there.

I'm looking at targets, snap counts, recent performance, health, and matchup. Then comparing it against projected ownership. I only play gpp, so I'm looking for at least a couple of players per lineup build that will be under owned but have the potential to put up a big score. Dissly and Waller stood out in week 3. I almost never play any cheap flier guys that have low ceilings in order to just fit-in price-wise, especially for TE. Best case you get 1-2 catches and a TD and that's probably not going to win anything. 

I'm also looking at the OC. In the case of Dissly, his OC is B. Schottenheimer who is one of the most risk adverse, predictable play callers in the game. Some weeks I will fade the entire Seahawks offense just because of him. But against the Saints, he was going to have to dial up pass plays. I was really high on Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf/Dissly and bring it back with Kamara because that entire game stack was low owned. I just missed on a few of the other players on those lineup builds. 

I'm looking at targets, snap counts, recent performance, health, and matchup. Then comparing it against projected ownership. I only play gpp, so I'm looking for at least a couple of players per lineup build that will be under owned but have the potential to put up a big score. Dissly and Waller stood out in week 3. I almost never play any cheap flier guys that have low ceilings in order to just fit-in price-wise, especially for TE. Best case you get 1-2 catches and a TD and that's probably not going to win anything. 

I'm also looking at the OC. In the case of Dissly, his OC is B. Schottenheimer who is one of the most risk adverse, predictable play callers in the game. Some weeks I will fade the entire Seahawks offense just because of him. But against the Saints, he was going to have to dial up pass plays. I was really high on Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf/Dissly and bring it back with Kamara because that entire game stack was low owned. I just missed on a few of the other players on those lineup builds. 
I guess I didn't see that with a Brees-less Saints team.  Big home faves for a team that wants to run the ball - what did you see that made you think they would be playing from behind and they were going to have to start dialing up pass plays?

I guess I didn't see that with a Brees-less Saints team.  Big home faves for a team that wants to run the ball - what did you see that made you think they would be playing from behind and they were going to have to start dialing up pass plays?
Because even Andy Dalton lit up the Hawks. This is not a good defense. And the Saints have a better offense than the Bengals and better coaches. And Bridgewater is the highest paid backup QB in the league. And Kamara just got shut out the game before. All this game script stuff is usually nonsense. It's much more nuanced. And you have a league full of mediocre coaches that do the same thing over and over again, rinse and repeat. So for gpp it's really about matchups, is the player healthy and is there a high ceiling and hopefully low ownership. In gpp, the optimal lineups almost never win. It's always that sub-optimal combination that you don't really feel good about when you click submit. 

Users who are viewing this thread