What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tua Tanking-Teams that should join Miami for the No 1 spot (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Some teams need to be told to stay down this year if they want to try and build with a QB for the future. I'm going to run thru a few of them and their current pulse. Please feel free to add more teams or angles I am overlooking and there will be lots with so many teams looking bad. 

It hasn't taken long for other teams to see what Miami is doing. I would not be shocked if other teams join Miami in their quest for Tua or tanking for a QB. Tanking has many forms and Miami is being outed now as not designing the best game plans on Sunday almost ensuring their better players in bad positions and they can turn the switch on any time during the games if they think they might win...they are openly trying to lose football games, even the game plans are preseason in nature. I will not be shocked if Miami at a certain point becomes such the laughing stock that Goodell has to address it or other teams gripe and NEW RULES to prevent this in the future will occur. They are not doing a good job of competing and just fading in the 2nd half. They could have kept some of their talent and just had a bad 2nd half of play calls etc and maybe appear like they are trying...but not Miami they are bringing losing to a whole new level. Nobody thought Detroit was trying to lose football games when they went 0-16...and that hasn't exactly worked out perfectly has it? 

Pittsburgh-If you believe in the back up in Pittsburgh and some writers were quick to jump on the fact the offense was looking smoother under Mason Rudolph but the odds that he comes in and the Steelers are a better team overall seems hard to believe. And even if Pitt decides that they need to be thinking about replacing their 37 yr old QB undergoing elbow surgery and not to return until next year, no matter because Pittsburgh just traded their 2020 1st round pick to the Miami Dolphins. 

The projection of that 1st round pick is No 8 right now and Miami will gladly take it but it should be noted Miami did send back what is the equivalent of a 3rd round compensatory pick by giving back their 4th round pick so it’s not totally lopsided for the Phins but the Steelers definitely took on risk for a Slot DB. Steelers must feel like they are OK at QB with Rudolph this year and they can evaluate him for 14 weeks. I still give Pittsburgh a lot more leeway than I normally do with other perennial losers that never seem to make any good choices like the team they traded with to get him. 

Cincinnati-They seem on the surface to be a little better off than some of these other teams in the 0-2 range entering this week. The head coach is certainly not interested in trying to lose every football game HOWEVER...if the team ends up 2-7 or something, and even if Dalton is having an above average season, they still have to wonder what might happen if they move in another direction for one of the top 3-4 names at QB and 2019 might be their best shot in Year 1 of the new HC, Zac Taylor to get their QB of the future and move Dalton to a team that can use him right away. 

Teams have to adjust as the season rolls along what their expectations are. Teams understand now that Miami is racing to the podium to try and grab one of the top QBs, do they want to try and join them on that journey? I feel like Cinci needs to try and build around their offense even if they go 4-12 this year. They need to rebuild a lot of their defense, secondary especially looks scary. 

Jacksonville Jaguars-I was not a huge fan of locking up Foles. They have too much talent to not win 5-6 games but they can’t be loving their QB situation. Jalen Ramsey wants out of Jax, this team is not exactly hitting on all cylinders but that said their defense can win a few games and you hate to let that go, it gives them an identity. They are no threat to Miami going 0-16 but Jax would be wise to try and get one of the QB prospects in 2020 and 2021. 

Denver-They look terrible but again they will win 3-4 games at least, Elway should be on the hot seat but I don’t see it happening. When they brought in Manning I thought what’s the future plan? There wasn’t one but I commend him for competing and 2 trips to the SB, 1 ring to add to others the team already accomplished in the 90s. They do not have a sound structure right now and Flacco is easily one of the bottom 5 starting QBs in the NFL right now, yes/no? 

Carolina Panthers-It’s possible Cam Newton is a shell of what he was originally. It’s possible the Panthers are delaying the inevitable and with so many QB prospects, how often are they going to go 4-12 or something around there? It’s possible they right the ship as the season rolls along but if they go 6-10 or worse, so many questions will happen with Cam and Ron Rivera but of the 0-2 teams at the moment they seem like one of the better ones. I think it will be hard for them to get a top 10 pick this year. 

NY Giants-They are really bad but not quite in the same hemisphere as the Dolphins, they were 21-14 in the 2nd half last week vs Buffalo. They will win a game or two, even if it is under Daniel Jones in the 2nd half. Plus the Giants wanted Jones and it’s not likely they would want to go QB even in the top 5. If they had the No 1 overall pick they might think about trading out but is Daniel Jones that secure of a pick from last year? They’re going to be torn apart if they grab another QB in the 2020 draft...that said I think teams that need QBs should constantly take them with high picks until they find the right one.

The Giants would be wise to take a page from the Colts and realize how bad Eli is at this point as a bottom 5 starter and and figure out a plan to replace a Manning...but they did that in this year’s draft if you believe in Jones. The Giants will be interesting should they go 0-6 or something to start the season. I believe they will win a few games along the way but they look pitiful in their secondary and on defense. 

Washington Redskins-They’re trying and fighting, they can beat the Giants. And what would they do with Haskins? They don’t appear like QB players but maybe they should be. Some of this list is to point at certain teams and wonder why they are not openly joining the Phins in a quest for a better draft spot. Do people believe in Haskins long term vs a prospect like Tua or Jalen Hurts in Oklahoma?

Miami Dolphins-They’re doing it better than anyone on this list. I do not believe it makes our organization look wise to trade away top 1st round selections and strip the cabinets bare, it’s the absolute lowest form of competing you can bring to the table but Ross is convinced that the kid from Alabama is the QB of a generation, the type you go 0-16 in hopes to get. 

Other teams that should have thought about tanking or wishing they had figured out sooner that they are competing for a top 5 pick in 2020...Tampa Bay because Winston has looked shaky and where are they going to be if they don’t move forward with Winston as their QB? Still time to evaluate him this year but the writing is on the wall. 

New York Jets-They already selected their QB of the future, most critics like him. They are 0-2 and appear to be on a collision course for an 0-7 Showdown with the Miami Dolphins who are working on their TankPlan for that game as we speak...they hadn’t planned on WonderBoy becoming the head coach of the Jets. Never underestimate a division rival I always say. They are in a bad spot because if fans turn on Darnold or hint they want to select again with Tua/Hurts/Etc...that doesn’t seem to work but anytime you can lock up a franchise QB for the next 10 years, you almost always have to take that guy or trade with someone who will. 

Teams that likely need to address their QB situation sooner or later...New Orleans as Teddy B is not making folks feel confident. I would say both Tennessee and Indianapolis are up in the air where they are at the moment.

How many QB's are coming out next year that are worth tanking for?

Also,  I don't see NYG, WAS, or NYJ tanking for a qb.  They have young first round picks that they seem to like.  

How many QB's are coming out next year that are worth tanking for?

Also,  I don't see NYG, WAS, or NYJ tanking for a qb.  They have young first round picks that they seem to like.  
Tua, Herbert, Hurts, Fromm, seems like many names are being kicked around plus the way the NFL has the rookie deals rigged, it's in teams best interests to jump on QB prospects early in the draft. I'm not surprised 3-4+ guys go in the 1st round every year now because it doesn't cost a lot of money to bring these guys in and see if you can develop them into a long term solution. QBs demand $35 Million on the open market now and that number is rising, all emphasis with rules and whatnot is to enhance the QB position so if you don't have a good one you ain't going anywhere in the NFL. 

Tua, Herbert, Hurts, Fromm, seems like many names are being kicked around plus the way the NFL has the rookie deals rigged, it's in teams best interests to jump on QB prospects early in the draft. I'm not surprised 3-4+ guys go in the 1st round every year now because it doesn't cost a lot of money to bring these guys in and see if you can develop them into a long term solution. QBs demand $35 Million on the open market now and that number is rising, all emphasis with rules and whatnot is to enhance the QB position so if you don't have a good one you ain't going anywhere in the NFL. 
Thanks, wasn't aware of Herbert.  

Tua or Tuna?
The Miami Tua-Phins and from what I understand the letter M is going to go on the helmet and look similar to the A he wears in Tuscaloosa. 

Is this a good time to remind the owner about Nick Saban and how much the fan base down here which also includes a lot of Miami Hurricanes that this guy is not exactly popular and rooting for a QB from his school which brings in Alabama fans to the games...he's not very bright and hence why we are in this position to being with. 

I don't get the tanking part. They were going to stink even if they were trying. Now it looks like all they're trying to do is get players injured.

The Miami Tua-Phins and from what I understand the letter M is going to go on the helmet and look similar to the A he wears in Tuscaloosa. 

Is this a good time to remind the owner about Nick Saban and how much the fan base down here which also includes a lot of Miami Hurricanes that this guy is not exactly popular and rooting for a QB from his school which brings in Alabama fans to the games...he's not very bright and hence why we are in this position to being with. 
What? 

Fin fans won't remember what college their QB went to, or care after April

I don't get the tanking part. They were going to stink even if they were trying. Now it looks like all they're trying to do is get players injured.
I've wondered if they couldn't have kept a few of the better pieces but they did get 2 1st rounders for Tunsil who is good but he isn't an Al Pro either. I still maintain Richmond Webb was our best LT then Jake Long but still we should not be watching guys we just drafted the previous season wanting to leave and in fact begging to leave. I'm shocked Miami could get a bidding war going for him.

And they have the Steelers No 1 which I don't want to get ahead of ourselves because maybe Pittsburgh can turn their season around but if they go 1-5 or something to start the season...that pick we got is going to look really good to pair with the No 1, they can reload and retool quickly and $113M to start spending in the off season.  

Pittsburgh-If you believe in the back up in Pittsburgh and some writers were quick to jump on the fact the offense was looking smoother under Mason Rudolph but the odds that he comes in and the Steelers are a better team overall seems hard to believe. And even if Pitt decides that they need to be thinking about replacing their 37 yr old QB undergoing elbow surgery and not to return until next year, no matter because Pittsburgh just traded their 2020 1st round pick to the Miami Dolphins. 

The projection of that 1st round pick is No 8 right now and Miami will gladly take it but it should be noted Miami did send back what is the equivalent of a 3rd round compensatory pick by giving back their 4th round pick so it’s not totally lopsided for the Phins but the Steelers definitely took on risk for a Slot DB. Steelers must feel like they are OK at QB with Rudolph this year and they can evaluate him for 14 weeks. I still give Pittsburgh a lot more leeway than I normally do with other perennial losers that never seem to make any good choices like the team they traded with to get him. 
Pitt isn't tanking but to dive into the trade a bit deeper.

They must believe in Rudolph to make that deal.  The issue is the timing, being 0-2 with a WC road trip to a SF team that is playing well.  Other than going one game into the future I don't like playing the schedule game.  If the Steelers are sitting 0-3 this time next week their playoff chances are basically nil. 

Before the season began I wasn't buying the Ju-Ju as a plug-and-play replacement for ABs numbers because I heard a stat on NFL Live that I couldn't believe where they said Ju-Ju only faced bracket coverage less than 2% of the time.  He was facing a bigger challenge than many assumed IMHO.  Especially projections of him leading the league as the top FF WR.  

The other issue I saw with the Steeler offense was, assuming that Ju-Ju 'could' just take over ABs numbers who was going to replace Ju-Ju?  Washington struggled his rookie season, they signed Moncrief and drafted a rookie but come on, 1,400 yards?  I didn't see anyone replicating those insane numbers which I felt had been inflated due to the soft coverage Ju-Ju faced.  

I did not forsee Ben's elbow or force feeding a send year QB.  

This trade breaks a streak of 1st round picks going back to 1968 so it is completely out of character for Pittsburgh to do something like this.

I luv Minka, he's only 22 but a slot CB who 'apparently' won't be playing the perimeter.  I know the game evolves but you pay premiums for perimeter CBs not slot corners.  That is the reason why he dropped out of the top-ten in the draft, because he didn't project as a press-man #1 CB.  

I would like the deal for Pittsburgh if they absolutely knew how the Mason Rudolph experiment had turned out but it's looking like they'll start 0-3 and that pick 'could' be fairly high and we still don't know about Rudolph.

Tua is this generation's Tebow: great college quarterback whose talents will not translate to the professional level.

Tua is this generation's Tebow: great college quarterback whose talents will not translate to the professional level.

He'll be better than tebow. But probably not better than Mariota. 
Tuabisky, is that what we're saying here? 
Trubiski and Tagovailoa are similar, but for different reasons.

Trubiski was overhyped because he had a prototypical NFL quarterback's body and arm, and GMs basically crossed their fingers that he could develop the other skills necessary to be a top-level NFL quarterback.

On the other hand, Tua is overhyped because he plays for one of the best teams in college football history, and GMs are crossing their fingers that his gaudy stats are not the product of having teammates who were some of the best O-line and WR talent that money can buy.

It's not that I don't think Tua has NFL potential. But I don't see him as a "once in a generation" Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck consensus #1 pick.

I think the Miami Dolphins tanking runs deeper. They are tanking for Trevor Lawrence in two years not Tua next year.

I think the Miami Dolphins tanking runs deeper. They are tanking for Trevor Lawrence in two years not Tua next year.
That would be threading the needle.  I doubt there is any way they get the top pick back to back.  I mean that would be a total eff you to the NFL and fans to do this for another year and not even try. 

That would be threading the needle.  I doubt there is any way they get the top pick back to back.  I mean that would be a total eff you to the NFL and fans to do this for another year and not even try. 
By not drafting a QB in 2020, they lock themselves in for T. Lawrence at #1 in 2021. they got nothin'. Draft OL and D. in 2020.

dallas428 said:
This would be my plan. Trade the #1 over all for whoever wants to move ups #1 this year and #1 in 2021. That guarantees you three first round picks next year including yours which even if you start trying is likely to be top 5. You use your picks this year on two OT's and a LB. Add more OL depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds or add defense. In 2021 if you have the #1 pick great, if not you almost assuredly have a top 5 pick and two other picks if you need to package them for Lawrence you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be my plan. Trade the #1 over all for whoever wants to move ups #1 this year and #1 in 2021. That guarantees you three first round picks next year including yours which even if you start trying is likely to be top 5. You use your picks this year on two OT's and a LB. Add more OL depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds or add defense. In 2021 if you have the #1 pick great, if not you almost assuredly have a top 5 pick and two other picks if you need to package them for Lawrence you do.

lod001 said:
By not drafting a QB in 2020, they lock themselves in for T. Lawrence at #1 in 2021. they got nothin'. Draft OL and D. in 2020.

dallas428 said:
Way too risky.  The NFL is a weird and fluid league.  They could improve next year with all those picks and win 2 games next year and somehow not get the top pick if another team just implodes.  Can you imagine if they pass on Tua and don't get Lawrence?  Or Lawrence gets hurt next year?

Why not at least take Tua... is he really going to improve your team THAT much over your other QB?  If you think it's a lock that they're the worst team in the league NEXT year, then they'll likely still be the worst team even with Tua.  And in that case you can trade Tua or the rights to that top pick for the biggest ransom in league history.

No team is trading the top pick next year.  Any team that has an abysmal 2-win season next year will have an amazing franchise QB.  That team will take Lawrence.

Way too risky.  The NFL is a weird and fluid league.  They could improve next year with all those picks and win 2 games next year and somehow not get the top pick if another team just implodes.  Can you imagine if they pass on Tua and don't get Lawrence?  Or Lawrence gets hurt next year?

Why not at least take Tua... is he really going to improve your team THAT much over your other QB?  If you think it's a lock that they're the worst team in the league NEXT year, then they'll likely still be the worst team even with Tua.  And in that case you can trade Tua or the rights to that top pick for the biggest ransom in league history.
NFL scouts miss frequently, sure, but they aren't just throwing darts. If Tua is good enough to make it all the way through Alabama's gauntlet, the combine, the interviews, and the rest of the hornets' nest and still be the consensus 1.01 pick, he's almost certainly good enough to lead a team to 5-6 wins as a rookie.

Historically, the truly bad (0-2 win) teams either lost their starting QB early and didn't have a back-up plan, or insisted on trotting out someone like DeShone Kizer or Curtis Painter all season long.

lod001 said:
Basically copy the browns playbook.

NFL scouts miss frequently, sure, but they aren't just throwing darts. If Tua is good enough to make it all the way through Alabama's gauntlet, the combine, the interviews, and the rest of the hornets' nest and still be the consensus 1.01 pick, he's almost certainly good enough to lead a team to 5-6 wins as a rookie.

Historically, the truly bad (0-2 win) teams either lost their starting QB early and didn't have a back-up plan, or insisted on trotting out someone like DeShone Kizer or Curtis Painter all season long.
It depends how bad you think the Dolphins are.  Tua over Fitz isn't a 5 win upgrade.  No chance. 

I'm saying if you think Miami is CLEARLY the worst league in the year next year where it's a LOCK that they get the #1 pick next year (if they pass on Tua), than they still would be in discussion for the #1 pick even with Tua.  Or you give Fitz half the year to develop Tua. 

If you think Miami is the worst team in the league even next year, but that it's likely another team somehow ends up worse (like I do), then planning ahead 2 years to have the top pick is idiotic. 

🤷‍♂️ I don't disagree really but you could plug just about any NFL backup QB in as the Tide's QB and they'd maybe lose 2 games. 

I think NE would be happy to roll with Jarrett Stidham if Brady called it a day.
Phins woulda been smart to grab him but they're not and that's why as much as I want to embrace their TankPlan and think there is merit to some of it, they could have tanked and still kept a lot of quality players who are still on rookie deals or perhaps in Years 4/5 still in their prime. They have gone overboard to lock up the number 1. 

I think it's comical that other teams and their fan base think they have a legit shot at the number one pick. I could see the Jets but they play Miami twice. 

Miami plays Jets twice, Giants late in season in case they need a loss, how about the Steelers? We play them too. Washington in October, Cincinnati too...they can ensure that even the bottom teams won't lose more games than they will. 

I actually like stidham, but I'm not sold completely.
Hopefully we are a ways away from having to worry about the post-Brady era, but I think there are so many questions that we can't answer it's hard to tell what to expect. For example, will BB still be the coach? Will McDaniels still be around? Who will be around at WR (maybe not Edelman, Gordon, or Brown) and do they still have no TE? Have other players retired or moved on? If the core of the coaching staff and the roster is the same, I don't know if that makes it more likely or less likely that give Stidham a shot. I might lean more likely, as a lot might still be similar to the product on the field now. But if they really blow things up and there's pretty much all new faces for players and coaches, they may look to invest more heavily in bringing in a bigger college name. Like I said, if it is BB calling the shots, he may not want to invest the picks to get up to draft a top shelf college QB.

Phins woulda been smart to grab him but they're not and that's why as much as I want to embrace their TankPlan and think there is merit to some of it, they could have tanked and still kept a lot of quality players who are still on rookie deals or perhaps in Years 4/5 still in their prime. They have gone overboard to lock up the number 1. 

I think it's comical that other teams and their fan base think they have a legit shot at the number one pick. I could see the Jets but they play Miami twice. 

Miami plays Jets twice, Giants late in season in case they need a loss, how about the Steelers? We play them too. Washington in October, Cincinnati too...they can ensure that even the bottom teams won't lose more games than they will. 
Like 2008, I think this year may be one where there are so many bottom feeder teams that it may really raise the bar in terms of what it will take for a team to make the playoffs. There may be a team or two out there with 10 or 11 wins that won't qualify . . . and like last year there could be a 12 win team that is only a wildcard.

And a lot of those losing teams could just be bad with no intention of tanking. At least in the early going, MIA, NYJ, CIN, PIT, JAC, DEN, NYG, WAS, CAR, and ARI don't look like they will win many games. That's almost a third of the league. And that's not including OAK or TB, neither of which I would think will be all that great. So that's MORE than a third of the league at that point. This could definitely be a year with the have's and the have not's.

Miami out scored 10 to 102 so far.   Pretty confident that another team is going to have a very hard time matching their record this year.

It depends how bad you think the Dolphins are.  Tua over Fitz isn't a 5 win upgrade.  No chance. 
Extrapolation fallacy. Because the Dolphins are the worst team in the history of FO’s DVOA metric through 2 games, and even they give them only a 3.8% chance of going 0-16.

Can a Tua good enough to go 1.01 be 2-3 wins better than current Fitz or Rosen on an otherwise true-talent 2-3 win Fins team? I don’t see why not.

Extrapolation fallacy. Because the Dolphins are the worst team in the history of FO’s DVOA metric through 2 games, and even they give them only a 3.8% chance of going 0-16.

Can a Tua good enough to go 1.01 be 2-3 wins better than current Fitz or Rosen on an otherwise true-talent 2-3 win Fins team? I don’t see why not.
Don't see them as a 3 win team.  1-2 sure. 

But if you see them as a 2-3 true-talent win team, let's say they pass on Tua and draft other great players with their 3 first rounders.  That likely turns them into a 4 win team next year, which very well could have them missing out on the top pick and getting Lawrence.

So yes, skipping on Tua this year in hopes of landing #1 in 2021 is idiotic.

Don't see them as a 3 win team.  1-2 sure. 

But if you see them as a 2-3 true-talent win team, let's say they pass on Tua and draft other great players with their 3 first rounders.  That likely turns them into a 4 win team next year, which very well could have them missing out on the top pick and getting Lawrence.

So yes, skipping on Tua this year in hopes of landing #1 in 2021 is idiotic.
If they skip on Tua or whoever this draft then the NFL probably should step in.

-OZ- said:
He could be the best of the bunch. 

I love tua, but the real sharks will tank in 2020. 

Or Brady retires this year, pats get Lawrence.
Pats already have the GOAT. hes just waiting for Tom Brady to walk away 

Last edited by a moderator:
The potential issue I see on the horizon is the team cleaning house of existing players for this current regime of coaches and administrators. Basically, they are taking most of the team and doing a fire sale. The problem will be, once this management team brings in who they want ("their guys"), they will have a very short time frame in which to win. Whoever they sign, whoever they draft, the current leadership team will probably get a year to show marked improvement. Except an uber inexperienced team usually doesn't win right away . . . which sets the stage for a new coach and a new regime wanting to bring in "their guys." Somewhere ownership needs to step in and give someone at least 5 years to build something. They haven't kept the same coach for 5 years since Don Shula retired. IMO, that's one of the biggest issues with building a successful franchise these days. No one gives anyone a legit chance to implement a plan and a system.

There are currently 12 guys that have been the head coach of their team for at least 5 years: Belichick, Carroll, Garrett, Payton, Tomlin, Reid, Harbaugh, Zimmer, O'Brien, Rivera, Arians, and Jay Gruden. Quinn is in his 5th season in Atlanta. Is there any surprise that majority of those coaches / teams are the ones with mostly winning track records? I don't quite get the rush to judgment and quick hook displayed to a lot of coaches in the early going these days.

Do they have a choice at this point? They might be so bad that 1 year can't fix it.  They are in Millen Lions territory. 
The 2008 Lions actually had a run of games in weeks 5-8...

@MN 12-10 

@Hou 28-21

Wash 25-17

@Chi 27-23

Miami won't come close to winning a football game this year. They will have the same record as the Lions but they will spectacularly lose by more points. Detroit allowed 517 for the season...Miami is on pace for 700 points allowed in a season. 533 is the all time record by the Baltimore Colts in 1981...Miami should eclipse that before Thanksgiving. 

The idea that tanking is a net-positive strategy is, let's just say, lacking solid evidence. Regardless of who the hyped NCAA prospect might be.

The last time it came up was in Sucking for Luck. And how did that work out? Zero Super Bowl appearances, 4 playoff wins in seven years. And four disastrously bad playoff losses to end those seasons. Luck in those losses: 79/164 (48.2%), 3 TD, 7 INT.

There's way too much uncertainty in prospect evaluation to throw away a year for someone who might be good at some point in the future.

The idea that tanking is a net-positive strategy is, let's just say, lacking solid evidence. Regardless of who the hyped NCAA prospect might be.

The last time it came up was in Sucking for Luck. And how did that work out? Zero Super Bowl appearances, 4 playoff wins in seven years. And four disastrously bad playoff losses to end those seasons. Luck in those losses: 79/164 (48.2%), 3 TD, 7 INT.

There's way too much uncertainty in prospect evaluation to throw away a year for someone who might be good at some point in the future.
Thats not really apples to apples here.

No franchise has ever, to my knowledge, has done what the dolphins are doing.  The browns are comparable but they were in such disarray I dont think they did it on purpose.  If this works for them I think we start seeing more franchises doing this when they hit dire straits.

Phins' QB Josh Rosen who looked pretty solid today vs Dallas with nothing to work with around him, he is now on the sidelines. 

-Unknown injury but I maintain this guy will be on IR within a month if not sooner. A sprain, a strain, a bone bruise, anything MIami can latch on to and shut him down so he isn't exposed to this misery IMHO the Phins...looks like a possible non throwing arm injury but it got trapped under the defender, also could have been a mild concussion...they should shut him down for at least 3-4 weeks if he had a concussion. 

Users who are viewing this thread