What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We love pickles (1 Viewer)

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
It's taken 43 years for me to come to terms with my love of pickles.  Perhaps I have been repressing this fact for all these years, but I'm finally willing to come out of the closet and tell the world I love them.  Now that I feel free and liberated, I want to experience all the different types I can.

I want to use this as a safe space for my fellow pickle lovers.  Come here and share your testimony in a judge-free zone.  

Right now I'm just buying cheap Vlasic dills for home use but always enjoy when I'm out to lunch and am served a different brand of dill.  Does anyone have any types or brands I should try?

Have a friend of my wife that does pickling as a side hustle.  Great pickles, tons of variety.  I'll still eat a run of the mill pickle, as pickles are like pizza.  Even a bad pickle is still pretty good.

It's taken 43 years for me to come to terms with my love of pickles.  Perhaps I have been repressing this fact for all these years, but I'm finally willing to come out of the closet and tell the world I love them.  Now that I feel free and liberated, I want to experience all the different types I can.

I want to use this as a safe space for my fellow pickle lovers.  Come here and share your testimony in a judge-free zone.  

Right now I'm just buying cheap Vlasic dills for home use but always enjoy when I'm out to lunch and am served a different brand of dill.  Does anyone have any types or brands I should try?
I like the Claussen refrigerated pickles

McClures makes a pretty good gourmet pickle too but not sure if they distribute everywhere

Kroger brand hamburger pickle slices are amazing

Bread and butter pickles can #### right off though 

I like the Claussen refrigerated pickles

McClures makes a pretty good gourmet pickle too but not sure if they distribute everywhere

Kroger brand hamburger pickle slices are amazing

Bread and butter pickles can #### right off though 
1.) Yes

2.) Not sure but I love those as well.

3.) Agreed

4.) In bold for emphasis for anyone that thinks these horrible f-ing things belong anywhere outside of a dumpster! ;)

My wife isn't repulsed as I am by pickles, but somehow my daughter absolutely loves them.  To the point where we order extras on her McDonald's cheeseburger.  

I think they're nasty.  The juice alone, if it comes in contact with my fries on my plate, grosses me out.

Have a friend of my wife that does pickling as a side hustle.  Great pickles, tons of variety.  I'll still eat a run of the mill pickle, as pickles are like pizza.  Even a bad pickle is still pretty good.
Unless they are sweet pickles...those things are vile.

My wife isn't repulsed as I am by pickles, but somehow my daughter absolutely loves them.  To the point where we order extras on her McDonald's cheeseburger.  

I think they're nasty.  The juice alone, if it comes in contact with my fries on my plate, grosses me out.
I like pickles by themselves but not on burgers....no way, jose.  They totally ruin a hamburger, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
i only like dill pickels and i like really hot ones that take a long time to eat because when i eat pickels i want a pickel that will put up a fight that is just how it is and the reason i do not like sweet pickels is because they are the wimps of the pickel world and should probably just be called cucumber wanna bes or something and that is what i believe in take that to the bank bromigo 

Love me some half sour pickles.  Totally different, but the famous dave's they carry at costco are solid and its a great price of course.

Yeah I like any pickle  :homer: , but I definitely prefer the Claussen taste. Bread and butter are great for a side when grilling. I haven't tried a garlic pickle, but it sounds delicious.

That's craziness.  Garlic pickles, spicy pickles, etc, are good stuff when homemade.  Heck, even the zuccini pickles are better than most things found in a grocery store.
Not at all.  Love those other ones you mentioned just find sweet pickle to be disgusting.  Weird combination to me sweet with pickles...need to be sour.  Nothing more disgusting than biting into a hot dog with relish and getting sweet relish.  :X

Not at all.  Love those other ones you mentioned just find sweet pickle to be disgusting.  Weird combination to me sweet with pickles...need to be sour.  Nothing more disgusting than biting into a hot dog with relish and getting sweet relish.  :X
Laughing at myself.  Actually, I misread your post.  I missed that you were agreeing, other than sweet pickles.  My bad.

I don't like pickles in that I could never just eat one or want them in a sandwich.  However, I do like the taste of a sandwich or burger that has had pickles in them.  So I always order with pickles and take them out.  

I don't like pickles in that I could never just eat one or want them in a sandwich.  However, I do like the taste of a sandwich or burger that has had pickles in them.  So I always order with pickles and take them out.  
Anytime I grill a burger I lay out a holy trinity of pickle slices on top.

Unless they are sweet pickles...those things are vile.
Not from Chicago, are you?  I love sweet gherkins.  Also sweet relish on hot dogs.  For some reason, I only eat dill relish on hamburgers.

E Street Brat said:
I enjoy a swig or two straight from the pickle jar a few times a week. Makes the wife mad if I drink to much and drys out the pickles. 
just add some vinegar from the cupboard to submerge those little suckers.

So your wife's friend knows her way around a pickle.....if you know what I mean

What about the kind that they sell at convenience stores?  You know, the ones sitting at the cash register for years in the large mason jars next to the pickled pigs feet.

Keep your garlic dill pickle juice.  

Collect it in a jar.

Marinate chicken in it.  Wings, drumsticks or thighs.

Grill and dust with garlic salt or powdered ranch dressing.

Thank me later.

Users who are viewing this thread