What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is a Burrito a Taco - Let's Settle This (1 Viewer)

corn tortilla, folded = taco

corn tortilla, rolled (tucked or untucked) = enchilada

flour tortilla, folded = taco

flour tortilla, rolled & tucked = burrito

flour tortilla, rolled, untucked = pinche desastre

Last edited by a moderator:
Mexican food’s great, but it’s essentially all the same ingredients, so there’s a way you’d have to deal with all these stupid questions. “What is nachos?” “…Nachos? It’s tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Oh, well then what is a burrito?” “Tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Well then what is a tostada?” “Tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Well then what i-” “Look, it’s all the same ####! Why don’t you say a spanish word and I’ll bring you something.”

Mexican food is great, but it is all the same, it’s almost a conspiracy. It’s almost like they had a meeting 200 years ago in Mexico City and one guy stood up and he was like, “Hey, the reason I got everyone here is pretty simple, I figured we could rename this one entree seven times and sell it to the North Americans. The French said it would be a good idea.” “Who’s in on it?” Then some guy in the back was like, “Wouldn’t that be dishonest?” “Well, if you’re quiet we’ll name one of the entrees after you, what’s your name?” “My name’s Chimichanga.”

Mexican food’s great, but it’s essentially all the same ingredients, so there’s a way you’d have to deal with all these stupid questions. “What is nachos?” “…Nachos? It’s tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Oh, well then what is a burrito?” “Tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Well then what is a tostada?” “Tortilla with cheese, meat, and vegetables.” “Well then what i-” “Look, it’s all the same ####! Why don’t you say a spanish word and I’ll bring you something.”

Mexican food is great, but it is all the same, it’s almost a conspiracy. It’s almost like they had a meeting 200 years ago in Mexico City and one guy stood up and he was like, “Hey, the reason I got everyone here is pretty simple, I figured we could rename this one entree seven times and sell it to the North Americans. The French said it would be a good idea.” “Who’s in on it?” Then some guy in the back was like, “Wouldn’t that be dishonest?” “Well, if you’re quiet we’ll name one of the entrees after you, what’s your name?” “My name’s Chimichanga.”
Mexico is in North America.  ;)  

I did a wordsearch in that article for empanada's, not a mention.  No mention, no read because empanada's are the best thing on the menu. . . because savory deep fried pastry. . . except stuffed with all the same ingredients as every other delicious Mexican dish.  So some brilliant b@stard said "okay, okay, I have to use the same meat, cheese and whatever as everything else on our menu but FU, I'm gonna put it all in a pastry, deep fry it and own the living hell out of ALL of you!"  I don't mean to undersell empanadas there.

On the topic, has any food gotten more mileage out of a half dozen basic ingredients than guero-ized "Mexican" cuisine?

If you’re in a state that has Taco John’a or a Don Pepe’s as your frame of reference for great Mexican food then please recuse yourself

Users who are viewing this thread