What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help (1 Viewer)

Ajsmith732

Footballguy
Hi All - looking for some help on a potential trade opportunity. I'm 2-0 and lead the league in scoring by a good margin but I'm weak at TE. Let me know your thoughts on the trade. 

League Details: 0.5 PPR; start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1 DEF

My current team: Brady / Winston / Saquon / Carson / Ekeler / Mostert / Keenan Allen / Watkins / Antonio Brown / Boyd / Ross / Gallup / Jared Cook / Patriots / Jake Elliott

Give: Chris Carson & Antonio Brown

Receive: Kittle, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman

My thoughts are this is obviously a huge upgrade at TE. Antonio Brown has big upside if he plays the whole season, but that is definitely in doubt. I also don't really need AB as Keenan/Watkins/Boyd are a pretty solid trio. Chris Carson has looked good and will remain solid if he holds on to the RB1 position in SEA but his continued fumbling could push him out of the starting job. I don't really love Freeman but he has a chance at solid RB2 production. I also don't love Coleman but with Coleman and Mostert, I'd have a 66% chance at Shanahan's backfield which is typically fruitful to RBs but it could go full on committee once Coleman/Brieda/Mostert are all healthy together.

Any thoughts?

I see what you're trying to improve on but I also feel like your roster could off-set any deficiency that you have at TE because of how explosive it is. I think Freeman is a downgrade and Coleman may not even get his job back when he returns. Breida and Mostert are two very good running backs and Coleman just looks stiff and while he's explosive, lacks a lot of lateral mobility and shiftiness. What does the team with Kittle have outside of Freeman and Coleman? I imagine they probably do want a RB considering they have Freeman and Coleman. I think moving Ekeler might be the prudent move with Melvin Gordon such an unknown but it'd be best to wait and see on that development. So I'd move Brown and Carson, sure but see what other RB you can get in return. Carson is still an RB1 and you can still sell Brown as a WR1 (as long as he's playing).

Here's mine:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780353-looking-for-some-qb-and-rb-help/

I think you can get a better overall return for Carson/Brown.  I also don't think Cook is that bad of a TE option as Teddy 2-Gloves might be willing to dump to him more often.  He might get an uptick in value. 

I think adding Kittle is a significant upgrade for your team.  Who knows if AB will make it through the year.  Freeman has no where to go, but up.  Classic buy low IMHO.  Check bye weeks on RB's and beware of the Melvin Gordon return if you do the deal.  

Users who are viewing this thread