What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Supreme Clothing - Velvet Underground Collection - Extreme? No, Supreme. "Hyphy," As It Were (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Just curious if anyone shops Supreme clothing online when there's a release. How does one go about obtaining the web page, appropriate site, clothing, etc.? 

Thanks for any help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for my shirt
Ninety eight dollars won't really hurt
Up to Lexington, one two eight
Feeling mighty trendy but the haters gonna hate
I'm waiting for my shirt

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the days in the early 2000s when I'd just walk into the store on Lafayette St. and buy whatever shirt I wanted for $20.  Amazing to see such a simple skateboarding brand take off to something much more.  I don't understand why folks would pay $200+ for a Gildan shirt but that's just me.  I happily sold most of my used shirts for $100+.  

The way I understand it is these hype beast items like shoes and t shirts are more like baseball cards.  You're not paying for a piece of cardboard but for a collectors item.   Supply and demand thing.  Where I see a cheap t shirt, others see gold and willing to pay up.  One man's trash is another's treasure I suppose. 

The way I understand it is these hype beast items like shoes and t shirts are more like baseball cards.  You're not paying for a piece of cardboard but for a collectors item.   Supply and demand thing.  Where I see a cheap t shirt, others see gold and willing to pay up.  One man's trash is another's treasure I suppose. 
I don't if there's a lot of asset appreciation for a band from 50 years ago but what do I know?

At least Lou Reed is dead. Kanye going MAGA tanked the market for Yeezys.

Bad Brains resale shirts from Supreme were running three bills ($300)
I see a lot of kids around the City wearing Bad Brains gear for some reason.  More than there used to be back in the 80s.

My son doesn't wear a lot of band merch compared to the rest of our family but he bought a shirt with the lighting bolt hitting the Capitol logo.  I've gotten reaction from strangers when I wear my tour tee from their (rather disappointing) Build A Nation reunion.

I see a lot of kids around the City wearing Bad Brains gear for some reason.  More than there used to be back in the 80s.

My son doesn't wear a lot of band merch compared to the rest of our family but he bought a shirt with the lighting bolt hitting the Capitol logo.  I've gotten reaction from strangers when I wear my tour tee from their (rather disappointing) Build A Nation reunion.
My step niece wore the captiol shirt in grey and rasta colors and didn't even know it was a band. 

Now that's when you feel a little old. I apologize in advance for that. 

And keep the nation-building in the PSF. Wazzamatter? 

I remember the days in the early 2000s when I'd just walk into the store on Lafayette St. and buy whatever shirt I wanted for $20.  Amazing to see such a simple skateboarding brand take off to something much more.  I don't understand why folks would pay $200+ for a Gildan shirt but that's just me.  I happily sold most of my used shirts for $100+.  
It had been Stussy before Supreme. Stussy was just a middling Cali brand. Then the guy took it, and it's become this. 

Did you guys hear that if you look at the Stussy logo backwards it says “I am gay”. That really killed it’s popularity in my middle school days.

I wonder who controls the VU's trademarks and is making money off of this.  There was a court case in 2012 over the Warhol banana that was dismissed because the original image was taken from a public domain advertisement but the articles from the time mention the band as the plaintiff rather than any individuals.  Lou Reed died the following year and Laurie Anderson presumably inherited his estate.

The band had a lot of personnel changes during their original run.  The classic lineup of Reed, Cale, Tucker and Morrison only made two albums together.  Doug Yule was a member for longer than anybody other than Reed and ended up fronting the band for its final album sans Lou.

Users who are viewing this thread