What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advise - WHIR (1 Viewer)

Mkha2240

Footballguy
0.5 PPR - 10 Team - 1 QB | 2 WR | 2 RB | 1 TE | 1 Flex | DST | K | 6 Bench | 1 IR
QB: Josh Allen, Brees (out)
WR: Evans, Golladay, A Robinson, Fitzgerald, Marquise Brown, Demarcus Robinson - 6 (max amount: 6)
RB: Barkley, Mixon, David Montgomery, James White, Mostert - 5 (max amount: 6)
TE: Njoku (out)
DEF: Chargers
K: Fairbairn

I had to pick up Allen since Brees is out (IR) however found out that Njoku is out at least a month, if not more, due to a broken wrist. Someone offered me Waller (Oakland TE) for James White. I see big upside on Waller however people are telling me that it’s not a fair trade (opposing team has Kelce and Andrews but won’t give up Andrews either) however I’m in need of a TE and I see D Montgomery slowly doing better each week and Mostert...well the other person does not want him. Would you do this trade? Other than that, I was planning on dropping Njoku for Witten or Dissly off WW but Witten is old & Seattle is known to run the ball (so just by one game doesn’t convince me that he’ll be used a lot more). What’s your thoughts?

I don't think it's unfair.  I think you could probably get a little better player for White, but based on your needs I think it's fair.

In my scoring system (full ppr), Montgomery is ranked 28 for the rest of the year, White is 30, and Mostert is 36.

Waller is ranked as the number 10 TE for the rest of the year.

I'd put the need for TE higher than the RB pretty much in the middle of the pack of your bench RBs.

If the trade is close enough, I always opt for the bigger need over the bigger value.

Here is mine if you have any thoughts...  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780391-trade/

I'd say no and roll with Witten or Dissly for now. Sounds like the other owner is trying to strong arm you into a deal and only give you his scraps for something of value. I'd pick up Witten or Dissly and inform the other owner you're going to roll with that guy unless he's willing to cave on Andrews. White is valuable despite those future projections and is likely your flex player and coverage for Barkley/Mixon bye weeks. TE10 in a 10 team league is barely a replacement level player. You can probably pickup Njoku later on in-season or possibly H Henry if someone dropped him.

Lionsfan011 said:
I'd say no and roll with Witten or Dissly for now. Sounds like the other owner is trying to strong arm you into a deal and only give you his scraps for something of value. I'd pick up Witten or Dissly and inform the other owner you're going to roll with that guy unless he's willing to cave on Andrews. White is valuable despite those future projections and is likely your flex player and coverage for Barkley/Mixon bye weeks. TE10 in a 10 team league is barely a replacement level player. You can probably pickup Njoku later on in-season or possibly H Henry if someone dropped him.
James white is definitely a solid flex player, however I have a ton of WR’s that could essentially out-perform White in my flex spot (Marquise Brown, Demarcus Robinson - if he sees another week of consistent looks), Fitzgerald). In addition, people have been predicting David Montgomery’s usage to keep increasing due to the lackluster passing game (it’s sad being a Bears fan with how Trubisky & Nagy are doing) which is upside and possibly more of a flex player than White. I’ve dropped Njoku and picked up Witten (since I’m not fully sold on Wilson consistently using Dissly in a run first offense) but Waller would be a safe bet as the season progresses; because let’s look at their TE last year, Cook. Carr was consistently passing to him especially in the end zone, so Waller (with all the hype he has around him) seems like a more beneficial pick up and big upside. Also, he’s asking way too much for Andrews and is more on the side of not trading him, so Andrews is out of the picture.

Now correct me if I’m wrong on any of that, but that’s just my two cents. I’ve tried polling the question on Fantasy Life and majority too said do the trade - I just prefer here a bit more because of the reasoning and discussion that can take place.

Users who are viewing this thread