What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB depth help! (1 Viewer)

CMG8990

Footballguy
I'm in a 12 team full PPR league and I can only carry 4 running backs and I need to add some depth. I have: Nick Chubn. Royce freeman, Giovanni Bernard, and Alexander Mattison. 

I can pick up: LeSean McCoy, Raheem Mostert, Rashad Penny, or Ito Smith. Who is the best pickup? Who do I drop?

I'm in a 12 team full PPR league and I can only carry 4 running backs and I need to add some depth. I have: Nick Chubn. Royce freeman, Giovanni Bernard, and Alexander Mattison. 

I can pick up: LeSean McCoy, Raheem Mostert, Rashad Penny, or Ito Smith. Who is the best pickup? Who do I drop?
I would pick up all 4 of the FA's and drop your 4 guys. Nick Chubn isn't even listed on MFL so he can't be very good

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/forum/46-the-assistant-coach/

go to Assistant coach thread.  Lot of help there, but not here.  good luck.

The advice to go to the Assistant Coach forum is a good one going forward, but I'll thrown in my 2 cents as a good samaritan.

You obviously want to keep Chubb, and Freeman is in a pure RBBC but the team seems committed to keep carries even and see what he's got and Lindsay doesn't look as dominant as last year, so I think he's a hold.

Reach out to the Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook owners, see if you can package both Bernard and Mattison in exchange for one of those other team's starting quality RB.

If that can't happen, or you feel you don't have time, would grab Shady and drop Mattison. Shady is the best long term option.

Good luck!

The advice to go to the Assistant Coach forum is a good one going forward, but I'll thrown in my 2 cents as a good samaritan.

You obviously want to keep Chubb, and Freeman is in a pure RBBC but the team seems committed to keep carries even and see what he's got and Lindsay doesn't look as dominant as last year, so I think he's a hold.

Reach out to the Joe Mixon and Dalvin Cook owners, see if you can package both Bernard and Mattison in exchange for one of those other team's starting quality RB.

If that can't happen, or you feel you don't have time, would grab Shady and drop Mattison. Shady is the best long term option.

Good luck!
fan of your posts in general and no offense intended, but posts like this contribute to people posting AC questions in the SP

fan of your posts in general and no offense intended, but posts like this contribute to people posting AC questions in the SP
No offense taken, thanks for the compliment and right back atcha.

I get what you're saying, but we don't see that many questions like these in the SP (and let's be honest, we all have sneaked in a well-disguised who do I start/pick up Q in SP threads -- I am guilty myself. Today. Twice. And not that well disguised.  :blush: )

I just think that to motivate the right behavior, it's better to be nice, helpful, and show the right path going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
My practice has generally been to give a serious answer (and a pointer to the AC) to anyone with post counts in the 1 or 2 digits, assuming they are just new and don't know the rules.

I tend to ignore the posts entirely from people with 3-digit post counts, and gently mock regulars who accidentally post here.

Users who are viewing this thread