What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many wheat pennies would you find if you searched 10k pennies? (1 Viewer)

This was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was given a jar of Indian head pennies that I put in the closet with little thought. Now I’m compelled to look at them all. 

WDIK2 said:
This was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.
That was exactly as interesting as a thought it would be. 

Signed,

Brother of a stamp and coin collector

3 wheat pennies so far. Looking forward to retirement.

1941 D

1946 D

1953 D

The half dollar one was cool.  70 silver half dollars.   I mean if you have time for all of that labor and every now and then find a few decent coins it could be a cheap side hustle with zero risk.

Final count from my penny jug:

1,956 coins

27 Canadian

8 2009 special Lincoln pennies (5 reading a book, 2 log cabins, 1 presidency)

6 Wheat Pennies (1941 D, 1946, 1946 D, 1948, 1953 D, 1958 D)

1 1991 Tambala from Malawi (which I had to look up, a small country in Africa)

6 Wheaties/1,956 is about the same rate as 30/10,000.

My dad has jars and jars of quarters stashed away going back 40+ years.  I told my parents and sisters yesterday that we should get together and go through them sometime.  They didn't think it would be as interesting as I did.  :lmao:  

My dad has jars and jars of quarters stashed away going back 40+ years.  I told my parents and sisters yesterday that we should get together and go through them sometime.  They didn't think it would be as interesting as I did.  :lmao:  
I'm in. 😀

Something mildly interesting (maybe only to me).  I've been finding out more about my dad's quarter hoarding habit.  I always remember my dad having a mason jar of quarters on his dresser, but always assumed he took them to the bank when he had enough to make it worthwhile.  Apparently he just stashes the jars away somewhere.

I subbed on his bowling team last night and they play a poker hand each game.  Everyone throws in 50 cents a game and you get a card for a strike or spare.  Best poker hand for that game gets the pot.  If there are 4 quarters in the pot dad will put in a dollar bill and pocket the quarters.  At the end of the night one of the guys put in a couple dollars and a few quarters for the bartender's tip.  Dad pocketed the quarters and put in a dollar bill.

My mom says if he is buying something with cash and it comes out to something like $5.15, instead of giving the cashier $5.25 to reduce the amount of coin change like a normal person he will give them $6 just for the purpose of getting quarters back.  :oldunsure:  

He also says he has jars like that of dimes.  Something about them taking up less space in the jars for their value.  :lmao:  

Users who are viewing this thread