What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN FF mobile site problems? (1 Viewer)

McJose

Footballguy
Anyone else having big time problems using the ESPN FF league stuff?

Our league uses ESPN whatever. It has always worked fine via iPhone or iPad.  But this year it seems to be terrible.

Issues include:

• Freezing/lagging/reverting while using “scoreboard” during games.  Even Thursday.   Seems to take forever to update “real time” which I don’t expect...but it is crap.
  • Adjusting you roster is poop. “Marlon Mack is questionable” and then you click to see why.  All you get is algebra.  No real news. And he is still projected to get 12 points or whatever.
  • Pretty much everything else is either clumsy or clunky or crap. Like FA or WW or etc
I know they want to pimp their app but good gravy.  Am I alone.

Working fine for me most of the time. It can get a little laggy during what I am assuming sre peak usage times on Sunday. 

Yes, the espn mobile app has problems, the ones you’ve described and more.

Separately, this is the first year where our auction on ESPN was a complete cluster - their servers couldn’t handle the load, some people couldn’t nominate players at all, weird errors, all of us getting kicked out at some points, etc. Wish there was a good free alternative to ESPN auctions - will spend some time looking this year.

It's been awful this year. Both the site and app.

But why should they be different from all the rest of the stuff they produce?

Last edited by a moderator:
another thing i noticed is when the ESPN app is down, the NFL.com app is down as well.  most be hosted by the same service.

they changed the fantasy hockey stuff last year and it was so terrible (pretty sure it was the trial run before they went ahead with football).  I was hoping they wouldn't roll out the same format for football this season (I figured they would) but they went ahead with it anyways.   I have no clue how and why they spend money on something to make it less user friendly and more buggy, just freaking leave it, it was fine.

Yea I always avoided the app because of how bad it was, but now the desktop site is even worse than it, so I have no choice. I have all the same problems you listed.

It’s been terrible this year, constant maintenance, randomly logs you out and the new player profiles are the worst. When I click on a player, I don’t want to see Matthew Berry’s latest video or IBM Watson projections, I just want to see his gamelog, schedule and latest news. 

I’m switching to Yahoo next year.

Agreed...the phone app is terrible this year, and the desktop site is worse than ever. Why can't they just leave them alone?

I'm hoping to move all my leagues off ESPN by next year.  The number of clicks (and the amount of image downloads) required to make a single waiver request makes organizing a proper waiver tree an exercise in weekly frustration.  (I know, I know, use FAAB...take it up with my commish.)

New design is awful.

holy #### ##### ###### ##### this thing sucks
It's twice as bad if you're a commissioner. You literally can't do anything as league manager via the app but review trades, edit owners, and delete the league. Yes, it's much more essential that I have the ability to accidentally delete my entire league with two clicks of my phone than to do things like adjust FAAB, edit lineups, reverse add/drops, etc.

You better believe all the ads and links to ESPN-produced Field Yates videos load with a quickness, though.

I tried to convince the league to abandon this sinking ship and move to Sleeper this summer. Next summer I may just have a two-click "accident" instead.

Users who are viewing this thread