What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 3* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Time to start thinking about targets to pick up on the wire, AFTER week 3.

(Or a few of you may be in some open free agents/waiver wire leagues like me)

The only notable injury I have seen thus far is JOSH ROSEN pulled off the field. It may or may not even be serious.

So if you are truly desperate for a QB, I suppose RYAN FITZPATRICK may be available. :wall:

Who you guys seeing as pickups so far?

TZM

PRESTON WILLIAMS seems to be coming to life.

I snagged him in one league a week ago, and he should be available most everywhere.   

A bunch of targets, and a missed TD so far from what I've seen.

TZM

Julian Edelman out/chest injury, and Josh Gordon was out with a possible finger injury.

Gotta dig deep into the Pats WR guys possibly this week for a one week band-aid WR.

JAKOBI MEYERS???    

Just speculation, but possibly a week or two absence for Edelman, but if Gordon does indeed miss next week, there will be a ton of targets available for the Pats.

TZM

Lot of WR suggestions so far in the early games.

• Cole Beasley has been sneaky this year, could be a sound depth pickup in PPR
  • Preston Williams for those with the stones to invest in MIA
  • MVS on GB having another solid day
  • Hooper for those that need TE and if he's avaialble
  • JJ Nelson on the Raiders -- scored on a gadget flea flicker but could continue to get looks as Raider WR core is thin
  • Dorsett getting looks in that offense

Barkley in walking boot and with crutches.  What's Gallman's value if Barkley misses time?

Barkley in walking boot and with crutches.  What's Gallman's value if Barkley misses time?
Low end rb2, more like a flex guy, based solely on volume.  Forget it off hand but the giants have one more easy game and then a tough stretch which is why they went to jones now

He didn't.. But I still think he takes over the job at some point. Conner just isn't getting it done. If you have a deep bench, he might be worst a stash for a few weeks.

It also baffles me how he didn't get one touch.
JMO Connor is Peyton Hillis on an offense that really needs him to be more than that w/o Ben throwing it all over the yard.

Pittsburgh desperately needs a change of pace for him if they're going to keep giving him significant carries. He simply doesn't make people miss nor able to create anything on his own. That change of pace unfortunately isn't on their roster.

I don't disagree that Samuels should be getting a lot more work. Hoping injury is the reason for so little snaps this week.

------------------------

Not much to pick from on wire this week. Obviously got to look at Darrel Williams if didn't already pick up.

One I think will make his mark more as season goes on --> Noah Fant. But that's probably digging deeper than most want.

Gallman's as good a pickup this week as any. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a question tangentially related to the topic. 

When I'm trying to figure out who to pursue on waivers one thing I find useful is knowing how may snaps they played in the prior weeks games.  Is there anywhere on FBG where I can get that info (or anywhere else)?  I ordinarily got it from the weekly game recaps that are on FBG, but it seems like this year they don't come out until sometime after Tuesday (which is when I need the info).  So any thoughts on where I can get it. 

When I'm trying to figure out who to pursue on waivers one thing I find useful is knowing how may snaps they played in the prior weeks games.  Is there anywhere on FBG where I can get that info (or anywhere else)?  I ordinarily got it from the weekly game recaps that are on FBG, but it seems like this year they don't come out until sometime after Tuesday (which is when I need the info).  So any thoughts on where I can get it. 
snap count thread

lineups.com

In deeper leagues:

Auden Tate WR CIN - no word on AJ Green's status, has gone from 0 to 2 to 10 in targets. Moves well from what I saw for a big guy

Darious Slayton WR NYG - with the resurgent Giants passing attack he saw 5 targets, may be worth a flyer to see if he develops a rapport with Jones

Cam owner starting Mitch with zero confidence tonight.

Kyle Allen looked flawless. Too bad he won’t face another D as weak as ARI, but I think he gave them a reason to not rush Newton back, and HOU is not the same D they’ve been in the past. JAX the week after so maybe just a one week streamer.

Jacoby Brissett is playing very well.

Bridgewater is just gonna be a game manager IMO but Minshew has exceeded expectations.

This might be a complete nothingburger BC we all know Trubisky has looked gawd awful first 2 weeks of the season, BUUUUT...

if you’re in a league that allows you to grab him rt now off the FA wore in advance of tonight’s game and you have a player you planned on dropping for this week’s waiver claims, AND, if you’re like me without a stud qb (I have mayfield and dalton) you might want to drop that player and speculatively add Trubisky now in advance of tonight’s game.  

Yes he has sucked ####.  However, he did play against the packers and the broncos, and thus far they have shown to be very good pass defenses.  

If you look at his schedule from today on, at least on paper it looks like it gets VERY juicy.  Not a whole lot of intimidating matchups outside of the Rams.  Even minn in week 5 doesn’t look that daunting.  Xavier Rhodes might lock down a rob but the other WRs might feast.  

I keep thinking back to last year where he showed flashes and had some monster performances that made me think he could be a great qb.  Is it really possible that he will suck this bad all year?

I dropped Darwin Thompson for him today (was going to drop Darwin for either gallman or Jamaal Williams anyway as it’s clear he is the rb4 in KC)  and in doing so am placing a small bet that Trubisky rights the ship tonight and lights up the skins in an easier matchup.  

If he does that he will end up being a ww darling going into week 4 considering the QB woes that so many owners are having rt now.  

If he doesn’t and he continues to suck, I’ll just drop him for my we claim this week.  

This might be a complete nothingburger BC we all know Trubisky has looked gawd awful first 2 weeks of the season, BUUUUT...

if you’re in a league that allows you to grab him rt now off the FA wore in advance of tonight’s game and you have a player you planned on dropping for this week’s waiver claims, AND, if you’re like me without a stud qb (I have mayfield and dalton) you might want to drop that player and speculatively add Trubisky now in advance of tonight’s game.  

Yes he has sucked ####.  However, he did play against the packers and the broncos, and thus far they have shown to be very good pass defenses.  

If you look at his schedule from today on, at least on paper it looks like it gets VERY juicy.  Not a whole lot of intimidating matchups outside of the Rams.  Even minn in week 5 doesn’t look that daunting.  Xavier Rhodes might lock down a rob but the other WRs might feast.  

I keep thinking back to last year where he showed flashes and had some monster performances that made me think he could be a great qb.  Is it really possible that he will suck this bad all year?

I dropped Darwin Thompson for him today (was going to drop Darwin for either gallman or Jamaal Williams anyway as it’s clear he is the rb4 in KC)  and in doing so am placing a small bet that Trubisky rights the ship tonight and lights up the skins in an easier matchup.  

If he does that he will end up being a ww darling going into week 4 considering the QB woes that so many owners are having rt now.  

If he doesn’t and he continues to suck, I’ll just drop him for my we claim this week.  
I’ve been holding onto him with this theme.  He was simply too good for a good part of last year to be THIS bad.  I don’t know where he will settle but I’m on this hope train with you!

The offensive line has not been doing him any favors either. I suspect the line will fare better tonight which should allow Mitch to have a little more time to make some plays.

Obligatory "you shouldn't be able to have two players in one roster slot".

/hijack

More of a deep league/ speculative add, but Damien Harris might not be a bad add this week either. 

Michel hasn't really done anything to make me a believer he is a quality/ 3-down back in NE; even with the opportunities he's been getting in this high-powered offense

Jamaal Williams if he is still out there. 186 yards the last 2 games, got more run than Jones did Sunday. 

Cause he's due for 20+ touches a game with a rookie running QB, playing from behind for at least 5 weeks
20+ touches? Barkley  had 15 touches week 1 and 21 week 2. Gallman and SB combined for 17 touches last week. I don't think that Gallman is a lock for 20+ touches. I don't know why playing from behind with a rookie QB is a positive. I didn't see the game, was Jones running on designed runs or were they broken plays?  I just would be concerned Gallman isn't very good. 

PRESTON WILLIAMS seems to be coming to life.

I snagged him in one league a week ago, and he should be available most everywhere.   

A bunch of targets, and a missed TD so far from what I've seen.

TZM
I bought him Sunday morning for cheap. I liked him talent wise and think he’s getting the opportunity. 

20+ touches and playing from behind don't usually go together.
Catches = points but it is a bad offense so maybe not near 100% after thinking it through.  I’ll still spend 50% very likely though in places I have Barkley 

Ehh, I certainly wouldn’t be breaking the bank for Gallman. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they signed a vet this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread