What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What veteran RB will Giants sign? (1 Viewer)

With Barkley's injury, who will they bring in?

• Rod Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jay Ajayi

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • CJ Anderson

Votes: 36 64.3%
  • Cameron Artis-Payne

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Spencer Ware

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Other (add name in comments)

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Other viable candidates out there not listed (mostly just JAGS):

• Chris Ivory
  • LeGarette Blount
  • Alfred Morris (if he's not totally shot)
  • Zach Zenner
  • Jeremy Hill
  • Jacquizz Rodgers
  • Javorius Allen
  • Doug Martin
  • Andre Ellington
  • Alex Collins
  • Benny Cunningham
  • Ken Dixon
  • Travaris Cadet
  • Elijah McGuire
I wonder if they go with a more proven name (Blount, Ivory, Martin), or a guy who maps to Barkley's skill set in both run and pass. 

I think I recall Benny Cunningham looking fairly good in preseason. Would love seeing Alex Collins or even Chris Warren (not listed above) get another shot.

I'd say trade for Kenyan Drake, but he's an FA after this season and it doesn't really make sense for a rebuilding NYG to give draft capital for a short-term rental unless they think they can contend.

I'd maybe grab someone like Cameron Artis-Payne off free agency or sign a player off somebody's practice squad.

Gettleman did bring in Stewart last year for a very unsuccessful time. Whatever that means, it at least adds to the information of who and of what type of runner he was bringing in.

Since he needs to protect Daniel Jones I would guess CJ is the most proven back at picking up blitzes. Martin seems like another candidate but his size may be an issue.

Gettleman did bring in Stewart last year for a very unsuccessful time. Whatever that means, it at least adds to the information of who and of what type of runner he was bringing in.
Which to me screams CJ Anderson. If I was him, Elijah McGuire would be my target. In the world of JAG RBs, he's at least young, has some juice and can catch. 

Gallman is pretty bad, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like CJA or Ajayi signed off the street to essentially be the starter. Neither are long term answers but they don't need that--they are capitalizing off the excitement of the new rookie QB though, and Gallman is not the guy to help him win games. 

I don't think they're "rebuilding" in respect to caring whether they win games or not. They care most about developing Jones, yeah. But they also just benched a franchise legend for him, so you better believe that they also want to win games. 

Also a good point. 

For 4-8 weeks anyway. I seriously doubt Barkley is going to get Wally Pipp’d.  :shrug:
No way this is just 4 weeks looking at him yesterday and with a high ankle sprain diagnosis.  They have nothing to gain by rushing him back.  6-8 is more realistic

No way this is just 4 weeks looking at him yesterday and with a high ankle sprain diagnosis.  They have nothing to gain by rushing him back.  6-8 is more realistic
I’m just using the timeline that the Giants gave us. They said 4-8 weeks.

maybe you’re right. Maybe you aren’t. 

Rizzo just sprained his ankle, left the stadium in a walking boot, & came back in 3 days.

I've seen players return from high ankle sprains after 4 weeks, and I’ve seen them take 3 months. 

I ain’t his doctor, so I dunno. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Also a good point. 

For 4-8 weeks anyway. I seriously doubt Barkley is going to get Wally Pipp’d.  :shrug:
6-8 weeks is a huge time frame though and even when Barkley comes back, there is a chance he suffers a setback.

6-8 weeks is a huge time frame though and even when Barkley comes back, there is a chance he suffers a setback.
It was a 4-8 week “estimate”

why are you putting a 6-8 week “is huge” on it? 

Do you know something? Or just being ... that guy?

It was a 4-8 week “estimate”

why are you putting a 6-8 week “is huge” on it? 

Do you know something? Or just being ... that guy?
Schefter added today that they think the longer end of the timeline is more likely and we could potentially expect him to rehab until after the week 11 bye. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume the Giants want whoever can help protect Jones and allow him to throw to Engram-Shepard-Tate(1 more week) and let him make plays with his arm vs finding a RB that has wiggle at this point. 

That's a short list but CJ Anderson has the most game experience. 

Users who are viewing this thread