What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Outlook Users—should I switch? (1 Viewer)

glvsav37

Footballguy
I need to resubscribe to Office 365, previously I was just using the basic home edition b/c all I really needed was Word, Excel and PPT. 

But Outlook is also included in the subscription. Currently I use Gmail but hate that there is no real desktop component, only browser based. I read you can integrate gmail into outlook, but I also use some add-ons like Boomerang (schedule emails to send later). Can you add those to Outlook? What about other add ons/integrations, any that are worth it? 

I run a small one-person business and email is crucial to it. Does anyone use the Customer Manager feature for their CRM? Any other features you use that are helpful to a small business? 

Is it worth switching to outlook? 

I love Outlook.  It's by far the most fleshed out mail client there is.

As for your questions:

You can schedule emails straight from Outlook without any addons.

As for add-ons, the only real ones I use are the ones built into my other Microsoft apps (skype for business, one note, sharepoint).

Used Outlook for years but will never go back after having cloud based email for the last 5 or 6 years.

Ok, set up outlook. One thing I forgot about is that my gmail is set up with tabs for 'primary', 'social' 'updates' etc and mail gets automatically filtered into those tabs. It was set up in g mail already, I didn't do it, but I've gotten use to it. Can this be mimicked in Outlook? Maybe not by tabs, but by folder? 

Outlook was great, then gmail showed up, and it was nice that it was so portable.

Then google became evil, and gmail never really got some of the features that are in Outlook, and Outlook untethered itself from the desktop.

Now, it seems like Outlook has all the advantages of gmail, with more features.

That said, I still use gmail for home and Outlook for work.

Ok, set up outlook. One thing I forgot about is that my gmail is set up with tabs for 'primary', 'social' 'updates' etc and mail gets automatically filtered into those tabs. It was set up in g mail already, I didn't do it, but I've gotten use to it. Can this be mimicked in Outlook? Maybe not by tabs, but by folder? 
I think Outlook’s version of this is the “focused inbox.” For me, it just showed up one day, just as the filtered tabs did in gmail a while back. 

Users who are viewing this thread