What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NFL Coaching Carousel & Front Office Changes (3 Viewers)

I disagree on the comments regarding Pat Shurmur.

Pat has been held hostage by the Giants organization with respect to the Eli situation. 

Pat was vocal about actually wanting Daniel Jones to start following his pre-season performances.

I agree on the other 3 though.

I'd add Brian Flores to the list, deserved or not, when the Dolphins pick their QB at 1OA next year in the draft, it may be a good idea to rehire at the HC position and move to a more offensively minded individual.

I think we will see a lower turnover this year than last.  Last year there seemed to be a lot.  Can't keep firing 8 every season.

I do think Carolina moves on from Rivera AND Cam this offseason if they win under 8 games.  Just feels like its time for a shake up there.  Washington has to move on from Gruden too.

I'd add Brian Flores to the list, deserved or not, when the Dolphins pick their QB at 1OA next year in the draft, it may be a good idea to rehire at the HC position and move to a more offensively minded individual.
I wonder if Flores could sue for breach of implied warranty based on all the good players being traded away in a fire sale?

Jay Gruden, Flores, Tomlin, Fangio if they continue to lose games - they look pathetic,  D. Marrone, Andy Reid if they don't win the SB with THAT qb making THOSE plays. he's the same Reid we saw in Philly. we know they will fall short yet again. 

Dan Quinn, Rivera, Anthony Lynn, Bill O'Brien if the Texans miss the playoffs? is Pete Carroll a bit long in the tooth in Seattle? what if they don't make the postseason?

wgoldsph said:
Very true.  But he'll never win the big one.
The only reason he got fired in Philly was that he wrested control of personnel and the drafts under his watch were mostly bad. He was also burned out from wearing too many hats plus the stress over the death of his son. By the end of 2012 it was just better for both sides to move on.

In KC he’s able to focus on what he does best, leading a team and designing an offense. They may end up the modern equivalent of Marino’s Dolphins, but that was enough to keep Don Shula around.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Redskins coach Jay Gruden's job won't hinge on the result of Sunday's Week 4 game against the Giants.

Rapoport confirms Gruden is very much on the "hot seat," though it doesn't sound like a coaching change is imminent. He'll presumably live to see another week, regardless of how Sunday's game in the Meadowlands shakes out. Vulnerable coaches have been known to fire assistants to preserve their own job security but that doesn't appear to be in the cards for Gruden, who plans to "ride it out" with his current staff. The way things are headed, the sixth-year head coach may not survive the season.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 29, 2019, 9:58 AM ET

Jay Gruden, either today or after the Patriots game next week, is getting canned. DC Manusky will be as well. At the end of the season GM Bruce Allen will be as well. Fans are fleeing this team in droves and everyone knows it. Nobody qualified will come work for them if Allen is there.

No link, just my opinion.

Jay Gruden, either today or after the Patriots game next week, is getting canned. DC Manusky will be as well. At the end of the season GM Bruce Allen will be as well. Fans are fleeing this team in droves and everyone knows it. Nobody qualified will come work for them if Allen is there.

No link, just my opinion.
I think you're right.  I was just coming in here to post that. How can you keep Gruden around anymore?  I think the team has quit.

In season or not, don't see any way Gruden survives after this season. Even the Giants are moving forward now, they're looking at being on the bottom rung of the NFCE for the forseeable future without some life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he'll be gone after the Patriots game next week and will be replaced by Kevin O'Connell. They'll have a tougher time firing Manusky as DC, though, since Tomsula (D-Line coach) is rumored to want to leave if Manusky leaves. And nobody wants to come to the Skins and coach. Nobody.
I'll be the DC for half of whatever they were paying Manusky!    :hey:

I've never coached football before, but am having trouble imagining I'd do much worse.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Redskins coach Jay Gruden's job won't hinge on the result of Sunday's Week 4 game against the Giants.
Which pretty much guarantees he'll be canned after the game.

Not sure I'd be psyched if Gruden joins his older bro with the Raiders. Not like he's bringing tons of winning experience with him, but on the other hand Jay is known for some creativity on offense which the Raiders could surprisingly use at times.

Jon's son Deuce already is on the Raider staff as a conditioning coach. Fist-full of Grudens in Vegas, boys.

Which pretty much guarantees he'll be canned after the game.

Not sure I'd be psyched if Gruden joins his older bro with the Raiders. Not like he's bringing tons of winning experience with him, but on the other hand Jay is known for some creativity on offense which the Raiders could surprisingly use at times.

Jon's son Deuce already is on the Raider staff as a conditioning coach. Fist-full of Grudens in Vegas, boys.
Gotta have an odd number rof Grudens.

When asked what the Redskins' plan is at quarterback for Week 5 against the Patriots, coach Jay Gruden replied, "We don't have one."

Not ideal. Colt McCoy is now healthy and is expected to throw his name into the mix for the week-to-week gig. Case Keenum was benched midway through last week's loss to the Giants, and rookie Dwayne Haskins wasn't any good in relief. This team is a mess, and Gruden's hold on the head-coaching job is a day-by-day thing at this point.

SOURCE: Nora Princiotti on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 12:32 PM ET

Must be a well kept secret because I've never seen anything other than total incompetence and a complete inability to adjust in-game.

I kind of hope they just changed the lock on his office door and let him find out that way..
They called him last night and told him to be at Redskin Park for a 5 am meeting today. At the meeting they told him he was fired.

Atlanta from the top down needs to go. Play calling is awful. Defense has more holes than swiss cheese. Arguably the best wr in julio and he has single digit targets past 3 weeks. They need a change

Atlanta from the top down needs to go. Play calling is awful. Defense has more holes than swiss cheese. Arguably the best wr in julio and he has single digit targets past 3 weeks. They need a change
Could see this actually.  At first I didn't think they'd cut him loose but if they lose this week, they might need to do something.  They're too talented to be 1-4

Unless Dallas were to fall to say 3-4 and this losing streak goes out past a couple of games then things could change. Garrett has been in place since 2010, but most fans know he is in place because the Owner and FO have his ear, not all coaches currently on the 31 other NFL Teams could handle it in Dallas. 

Adam Gase is not for long at the rate things are going. They are looking like a 2-4 win team at best and some of that has to fall on his shoulders. If for some reason Miami decides it's OK to beat this team and succeeds which I don't believe they really can but if they upset the Jets, Gase might not make it past Thanksgiving...if Darnold looks terrible it might even be Trick or Treat, lights out for Gase. 

Kitchens is under a lot of heat, as Cleveland drifts back to at best a wildcard team in the coming weeks...they get Pitt twice, Miami, there's a path even after they lose to New England where they could be 6-6 or better going into December, that's usually a "Still in the mix" bunch. 

Teams I can't see any head coaching changes...NewEng, Buff, Balt, Pitt(Tomlin is fine), Cinci(New guy), South looks OK for now, West? 

I don't see a ton of movement in the 2020 off season. A lot of QBs taken in last 1-2 years and those coaches are going to be given a chance to develop them at least another season or two. 

Users who are viewing this thread