What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Traded for Barkley, should I feel bad? (1 Viewer)

Traded for Barkley, should I feel bad?

• Yes

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No

Votes: 27 84.4%

• Total voters

drewteam

Footballguy
I'm not much of a wheeler and dealer. If I "win" a trade I sometimes have winners guilt lol. I feel bad for the other person because in the end we're all trying to have fun! Well today I pulled off a big (maybe?) one. 

I offered my brother-in-law D Freeman & DJ Moore for Barkley and he took it. 

Right away I was shocked not to receive a counter. I offered him Freeman or Michel plus another player and suggested maybe DJ Moore. He asked me to send over an offer and he'd look it over and see. I assumed he'd counter, maybe for Lockett instead of DJ. But he didn't and took it.

Kids like a brother to me but no matter what I do I can never send over my top offer (Lockett) in case this happens and they take my low end offer. He is 1-2 and down to just Gallman (added on waiver) and Alexander Mattison in week 4 in a must win game. Now he at least has Gallman and Freeman (FA are McCoy/Williams, Drake, Gore, usual trash). This makes it easier to swallow but I still feel guilty. It is an all friends league and we draft live together.

Should I feel bad? I know a few guys in the league wouldn't at the very least. Maybe this is the last time I try to take advantage of an owner in an fragile emotional state lol. 

Thanks guys. Cheers and good luck in week 4.

Edit: It is PPR Re-draft. We can keep late round picks but mostly a re-draft. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get how this was bad. Guy needs points NOW, not willing to wait until week 8 or 12 for Barkley to maybe come back 100%.

I'm not much of a wheeler and dealer. If I "win" a trade I sometimes have winners guilt lol. I feel bad for the other person because in the end we're all trying to have fun! Well today I pulled off a big (maybe?) one. 

I offered my brother-in-law D Freeman & DJ Moore for Barkley and he took it. 

Right away I was shocked not to receive a counter. I offered him Freeman or Michel plus another player and suggested maybe DJ Moore. He asked me to send over an offer and he'd look it over and see. I assumed he'd counter, maybe for Lockett instead of DJ. But he didn't and took it.

Kids like a brother to me but no matter what I do I can never send over my top offer (Lockett) in case this happens and they take my low end offer. He is 1-2 and down to just Gallman (added on waiver) and Alexander Mattison in week 4 in a must win game. Now he at least has Gallman and Freeman (FA are McCoy/Williams, Drake, Gore, usual trash). This makes it easier to swallow but I still feel guilty. It is an all friends league and we draft live together.

Should I feel bad? I know a few guys in the league wouldn't at the very least. Maybe this is the last time I try to take advantage of an owner in an fragile emotional state lol. 

Thanks guys. Cheers and good luck in week 4.

Edit: It is PPR Re-draft. We can keep late round picks but mostly a re-draft. 
He's out 4-8 weeks which will likely be closer to 8 weeks - so in redraft your bro in law got a decent deal.

Guy needs to win.  He might have got a better deal for Barkley, but at least Freeman will produce for him now.  Adding DJ Moore is good as well.

It's not a bad deal given the situation

Sorry? You didn't have to click on it if I was a waste of your time 😞
Assistant coach forum may have been a better place. if everyone poated their completed redraft trades in here it would be chaos. coukd have even posted in the dynasty inseason trade thread and just specified that it was redraft. 

I got Barkley for Waller today and I feel great, 3 man owner team I traded with said what's the use if the get him week 12 they out anyway so they took Waller I had offered jacobs initially.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread