What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hair Length Disagreement with Wife (1 Viewer)

worrierking

Footballguy
Worrierqueen and I have been having a strenuous disagreement about the length of my hair. She likes it long, I like it short. As a dutiful and doting husband, I have acquiesced to her wishes and grown my hair longer, much to my displeasure. Today, I snapped and got a haircut. Every time I stepped outside, I felt like President Trump crouching beneath the rotating blades of Marine One, trying to keep the tangled mane in place. When I looked in the mirror, I saw Rubber Soul-era Ringo (Why couldn't it have been Paul?). Oh, and to add insult, my eyebrows have begun growing at an astonishing rate. It's Like I'm Leonid Brezhnev! I suppose I should pick up some flowers or something on the way home to avoid her going all Daenerys Targaryen on King's Landing on me.

Advice from FFA?

Tell her to get over it. It’s your f-ing hair, not hers.

Mine is the opposite. I started growing it long a couple years ago and my wife likes it short. She either gave up or dealt with it, because I don’t hear anything about it anymore.

You're the one looking in the mirror, and while she has her preference, it's ultimately up to you. Hair grows back anyway(except mine now, apparently)

Worrierqueen and I have been having a strenuous disagreement about the length of my hair. She likes it long, I like it short. As a dutiful and doting husband, I have acquiesced to her wishes and grown my hair longer, much to my displeasure. Today, I snapped and got a haircut. Every time I stepped outside, I felt like President Trump crouching beneath the rotating blades of Marine One, trying to keep the tangled mane in place. When I looked in the mirror, I saw Rubber Soul-era Ringo (Why couldn't it have been Paul?). Oh, and to add insult, my eyebrows have begun growing at an astonishing rate. It's Like I'm Leonid Brezhnev! I suppose I should pick up some flowers or something on the way home to avoid her going all Daenerys Targaryen on King's Landing on me.

Advice from FFA?
Same disagreement in the tri-man household.  I wear it short so it's not a hassle during my regular exercise routines (esp. the running and swimming).  It's all a nice shade of grey, and I think it looks quite fine (as do others).  I even have one of the kits and cut it myself, saving some $$ and time every month.  But every time I cut it, my wife says "you cut it again, didn't you?"  Well, yes I did.  What I can't say is that since she chooses to look the way she looks (=noticeably overweight), I get to choose how I look. 

I also have an eyebrow trimmer.  I pluck some of the grey ones, though that's a losing battle, and occasionally run the electric trimmer (with an attachment so I'm not shaving the brows down to nothing) over the rest. 

You're the king - wear your hair the way you want!

Advice from FFA?
As a bald man I have to say I'd grow it out if I could, but you should do the do however makes you happiest. Unless sex will be withheld - then you'll have to knuckle under.

ETA: I always found George to be the most suave Beatle, but that's an argument for another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same disagreement in the tri-man household.  I wear it short so it's not a hassle during my regular exercise routines (esp. the running and swimming).  It's all a nice shade of grey, and I think it looks quite fine (as do others).  I even have one of the kits and cut it myself, saving some $$ and time every month.  But every time I cut it, my wife says "you cut it again, didn't you?"  Well, yes I did.  What I can't say is that since she chooses to look the way she looks (=noticeably overweight), I get to choose how I look. 

I also have an eyebrow trimmer.  I pluck some of the grey ones, though that's a losing battle, and occasionally run the electric trimmer (with an attachment so I'm not shaving the brows down to nothing) over the rest. 

You're the king - wear your hair the way you want!
My wife would say the same to me whenever I cut my hair until I started cutting it more often. Now she doesn't even seem to notice. 

Or she just doesn't care as much anymore...

Keep it short. You said you grew it long. I'm assuming it was short when you dated and then married, right? It wasn't a problem for her then?

Also, grow a fro down below and tell her, "I thought you liked it long?"

After I retired, I didn't cut my hair for over a year.  I had always worn my hair a little longer than most, but this got pretty long.  

My wife wasn't a giant fan, but she didn't harp on me about it.  And she still rubbed on me.  

I would buzz myself if it were 100% up to me.  My wife would keep her hair shorter if it was 100% up to her.  But, I like how she tries to take care of herself and she keeps her hair longer for me, so I do the same for her.  While it causes me an extra minute in the bathroom in the morning, it seems a lot easier and more enjoyable than the alternative.

Thanks guys.  Worrierqueen was slightly unhappy I went rogue and got the haircut, but actually complimented me (and the cutter).  She said it wasn't too short.  

Same boat. When I met my GF 3 years ago it was short as I've been wearing it for 20 years, but she wants me to grow.it longer. My hair is so thick that if I let it grow, I can't stand it. Pass. Every time I get it cuz she whines that it's too short, then I remind her how fast my hair grows and it'll be longer in no time. Then 4 weeks later I get it cut again, and she whines that it's too short, then I remind her how fast it grows....

My life in a nutshell right there.

Same boat. When I met my GF 3 years ago it was short as I've been wearing it for 20 years, but she wants me to grow.it longer. My hair is so thick that if I let it grow, I can't stand it. Pass. Every time I get it cuz she whines that it's too short, then I remind her how fast my hair grows and it'll be longer in no time. Then 4 weeks later I get it cut again, and she whines that it's too short, then I remind her how fast it grows....

My life in a nutshell right there.
That’s every man’s life in a nutshell

I keep mine short, not buzzcut or marine high & tight but short enough.  The goal is to never need a hairbrush - if it's long enough to need a brushing after shower, it's time for a cut

Users who are viewing this thread