What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grow a pair and admit you were wrong (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I once dated a girl who would constantly complain to me about how the bathroom mat next to the shower was always wet.  I told her that's what it's job was, to soak up moisture from people getting out of the shower.  But she insisted that you should dry off in the shower and then step onto the mat, minimizing the amount of moisture that the mat absorbed.  I thought she was a loon.

Fast forward a decade and now my wife takes a shower before me in the morning.  I've gone into the bathroom and stepped on that soaking wet, cold mat and I now realize that the ex-girlfriend was right.  If you live alone, you can step onto that mat soaking wet.  But if you share that bathroom with someone else, you should only step onto that mat after drying off.

But since I don't see her anymore, I can't tell her she was right and I was wrong.  So I'm going to say it here.

I was wrong; she was right.

Anyone else want to take the high road and admit that they were wrong at one point?

I once dated a girl who would constantly complain to me about how the bathroom mat next to the shower was always wet.  I told her that's what it's job was, to soak up moisture from people getting out of the shower.  But she insisted that you should dry off in the shower and then step onto the mat, minimizing the amount of moisture that the mat absorbed.  I thought she was a loon.

Fast forward a decade and now my wife takes a shower before me in the morning.  I've gone into the bathroom and stepped on that soaking wet, cold mat and I now realize that the ex-girlfriend was right.  If you live alone, you can step onto that mat soaking wet.  But if you share that bathroom with someone else, you should only step onto that mat after drying off.

But since I don't see her anymore, I can't tell her she was right and I was wrong.  So I'm going to say it here.

I was wrong; she was right.

Anyone else want to take the high road and admit that they were wrong at one point?
I admit - you were definitely wrong

But if you share that bathroom with someone else, you should only step onto that mat after drying off.
I'd argue that you should dry off just the upper body while in the shower, though maybe not the back, as this (head, arms, chest, head et al) can be done without having the towel get wet from the lingering water on the shower walls.  Conveniently, this allows more of the lower body water to run off into the tub.  It's then a good time to step out of the tub onto the mat to finish the drying process.

People aren't man enough to admit they were wrong.  It's just part of the toxic masculinity that white men refuse to part with.
Also, that last line is meant to be funny.  After letting it marinate for awhile, it occurred to me that in this day, age, and culture, it might seem like a serious sentence instead of an attempt at humor.  Sad times.

I'd argue that you should dry off just the upper body while in the shower, though maybe not the back, as this (head, arms, chest, head et al) can be done without having the towel get wet from the lingering water on the shower walls.  Conveniently, this allows more of the lower body water to run off into the tub.  It's then a good time to step out of the tub onto the mat to finish the drying process.
You can argue that, but you would be wrong. Control your towel and you are not wiping the walls with it while drying yourself.

My wife this weekend: "We need dish soap" 

Me:  "No we don't, we have a full bottle under the sink"

Her: "Nope.  We don't."

Me:  "I'm positive you old hag.  Quit arguing and respect that as the man I'm always right"  (paraphrased)

Her:  "Fine. But if you're wrong, you're going to the store to get some."

Me later that night:  :wall:

Still didn't admit she was right though.   

Yes.  I wipe off down to my calves.  Then when I step out, I step onto the towel and dry my feet.
This feels like a "what's normal" poll discussion.  Yes!  Step onto the towel with one foot, then double the towel back over that foot and lightly press on top with the other foot.  You dry the top of the first foot and the bottom of the second foot at the same time.   :excited:

What kind of expensive bath mat do you millionaires use that somehow repels water without getting anything else wet?  :confused:

What kind of expensive bath mat do you millionaires use that somehow repels water without getting anything else wet?  :confused:
"I've gone into the bathroom and stepped on that soaking wet, cold mat and I now realize that the ex-girlfriend was right. "

Whole lot of middle ground between it repelling water and it being soaking wet.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've gone into the bathroom and stepped on that soaking wet, cold mat and I now realize that the ex-girlfriend was right. "

Whole lot of middle ground between it repelling water and it being soaking wet.
I honestly am lost here.  Can you unpack this?

Users who are viewing this thread