What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump rally protest thread (1 Viewer)

Gopher State said:
Add farmers to the list that loves Trump.  I sure their be a few farmers at the rally.
Kinda covered as (us)farmers are in that self employed group. Trump has been devastating to corn farmers with his hardship waivers resulting in 4 billion less gallons of ethanol produced this year and I don’t need to rehash what the trade war has done to soybean and pork exports. Yes I have some farmer friends that are too stupid to make it about the (farm) economy. 

timschochet said:
All right. I wasn’t trying to do anything like that. 

If your daughter is in some way serving the nation or the White House, whether in the service or as a civil servant, then she should be proud, and please thank her for me. But not if her role is of a political nature. 
He gave his answer. Let it go.

Well, at least so far, no news of violence which is fantastic. 
Yeah, it got a little rowdy as things were ending but nothing too bad. Some Trump merch was repeatedly burned which the cops put out with an extinguisher. The horse cops were the most aggressive, I saw them lightly trample one guy (he went under the hooves, but emerged from the other side seemingly in OK shape). Some questionable pepper spray use and the cops ended up allowing some cars full of Trump supporters to drive through the crowd (at low speed). One of the passengers in those cars had a gun out and was pointing it at the protesters. 

Yeah, it got a little rowdy as things were ending but nothing too bad. Some Trump merch was repeatedly burned which the cops put out with an extinguisher. The horse cops were the most aggressive, I saw them lightly trample one guy (he went under the hooves, but emerged from the other side seemingly in OK shape). Some questionable pepper spray use and the cops ended up allowing some cars full of Trump supporters to drive through the crowd (at low speed). One of the passengers in those cars had a gun out and was pointing it at the protesters. 
Only the best people. 

It's being built, and you left out tax reform, and two supreme court justices and, oh never mind. 
What about the northern border? Trump said the border is secure, yet I would bet a sizable chunk of money that I could stroll across that border into Canada and back with not a fence in sight. That's not secure at all.

"I should have told the Democrats that I didn't want a wall and they would have given me plenty of funding and forced me to build a wall."  :lmao:
Obama should have announced he was in favor of a wall and Trump would have torn down every wall and fence in sight and installed four-lane highways with autobahn-type speed limits to facilitate entry.

Dont you dare accidentally tell your daughter thank you for me if she is any shape or form working in politics I dont agree with!!!   HTH 
That’s what you got out of that? Amazing the spin people put on stuff. 

Boots is obviously proud of his daughter, he’s mentioned it more than once. He should be proud of her if she’s serving her country and reached such an important position that she’s flying on Air Force One. That’s a terrific honor and that’s what I was trying to convey. 

But if it’s purely a political role, then I am not sure it’s something to be proud of. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I agree with her politics or Boots, or yours. It has to do with the fact that Donald Trump has dishonored the Presidency. His behavior has been shameful. I don’t think I could work for him in a political way. I think I’d be ashamed if my daughter did. So there’s a pretty big difference between the two, which is why I asked the question. Since Boots refused to answer me (which is fine; that’s his business) I still wanted to be nice and express a congratulatory note, but I was forced to do it with a caveat. 

What about the northern border? Trump said the border is secure, yet I would bet a sizable chunk of money that I could stroll across that border into Canada and back with not a fence in sight. That's not secure at all.
That's Canada's problem--the flow of refugees is much heavier going to there than coming from there.

Three things: Drugs, Cartels and Royal Mounties.

I see the two supreme justices brought up every time I people give Trump credit.  Why is this so beneficial to us?
And any warm body with an R next ti his name would have gotten that.  It had zero to do with him doing anything after being elected.  And Mitch gifted him one of them with his obstruction of Garland 

That’s what you got out of that? Amazing the spin people put on stuff. 

Boots is obviously proud of his daughter, he’s mentioned it more than once. He should be proud of her if she’s serving her country and reached such an important position that she’s flying on Air Force One. That’s a terrific honor and that’s what I was trying to convey. 

But if it’s purely a political role, then I am not sure it’s something to be proud of. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I agree with her politics or Boots, or yours. It has to do with the fact that Donald Trump has dishonored the Presidency. His behavior has been shameful. I don’t think I could work for him in a political way. I think I’d be ashamed if my daughter did. So there’s a pretty big difference between the two, which is why I asked the question. Since Boots refused to answer me (which is fine; that’s his business) I still wanted to be nice and express a congratulatory note, but I was forced to do it with a caveat. 
:shrug:   It's what you do.

Nobody in their right mind isn't going to be proud of their daughter for having a successful political career, even if it is in the GOP and even if it has something to do with Trump.  Jump down of your high horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
And any warm body with an R next ti his name would have gotten that.  It had zero to do with him doing anything after being elected.  And Mitch gifted him one of them with his obstruction of Garland 
To be fair to the Trump supporters, their argument is that no other Republican would have been elected in 2016. This is certainly a debatable point. 

Nobody in their right mind isn't going to be proud of their daughter for having a successful political career, even if it is in the GOP and even if it has something to do with Trump.  Jump down of your high horse.
Not on any high horse and it has nothing to do with the GOP. 

You, and others, need to stop conflating Donald Trump with the Republican Party. He is a disgrace, a stain on that party. The GOP has a long and honorable history and I’d like to see it have a long and honorable future. This is a temporary cancer that needs to be rooted out. 

. I think I’d be ashamed if my daughter did.
This is a disgusting attitude, like a parent being ashamed of their kids sexuality/life choices. It’s your own D . You wouldn’t be ashamed and if you were you need to look deep inside of where your life is going

So, no answer?
You've heard of the Supreme Court and what it does?  Ulike legislation that can just be repealed by the next president Court Justices are appointed for life.  If you don't understand that was the single biggest thing at stake in 2016 and will be again in 2020 I don't know what to tell you.

To be fair to the Trump supporters, their argument is that no other Republican would have been elected in 2016. This is certainly a debatable point. 
Whoa, you might want to slow down for him there fella, that's some higher level thinking.  And it doesn't take a Trump supporter to figure it out.

You've heard of the Supreme Court and what it does?  Ulike legislation that can just be repealed by the next president Court Justices are appointed for life.  If you don't understand that was the single biggest thing at stake in 2016 and will be again in 2020 I don't know what to tell you.
How does it benefit all of us?  Not just republicans.  All I want is a decent answer from someone.  Not condescending crap like what you've given me.

This is a disgusting attitude, like a parent being ashamed of their kids sexuality/life choices. It’s your own D . You wouldn’t be ashamed and if you were you need to look deep inside of where your life is going
I think it’s pretty disgusting to compare one’s sexuality to one’s moral choices. Donald Trump is a very bad person. He’s not of the worlds worst human beings, not necessarily evil, but he’s not a good guy either. He’s slimy and crooked , and I would be ashamed if my daughter worked for him, or any slimy crook. I’d be ashamed if she worked for Bernie Madoff or some mob boss. No difference, and not disgusting at all. 

Not on any high horse and it has nothing to do with the GOP. 

You, and others, need to stop conflating Donald Trump with the Republican Party. He is a disgrace, a stain on that party. The GOP has a long and honorable history and I’d like to see it have a long and honorable future. This is a temporary cancer that needs to be rooted out. 
No, you need to stop telling people they should be ashamed of their daughter because of But Trump!.  There is a term for this, but.....lets just say you've been consumed. 

How does it benefit all of us?  Not just republicans.  All I want is a decent answer from someone.  Not condescending crap like what you've given me.
A conservative will argue that conservative values, and the protection of them under the law, will benefit all Americans, and all people. 

One example of many: a social conservative believes that abortion is murder, and therefore the legal practice of abortion is immoral and hurts society in general. So a conservative Supreme Court that might either overturn the legality of abortion or at least severely restrict it would be a benefit to all of society. (that’s their argument; I don’t share it.) 

I think it’s pretty disgusting to compare one’s sexuality to one’s moral choices. Donald Trump is a very bad person. He’s not of the worlds worst human beings, not necessarily evil, but he’s not a good guy either. He’s slimy and crooked , and I would be ashamed if my daughter worked for him, or any slimy crook. I’d be ashamed if she worked for Bernie Madoff or some mob boss. No difference, and not disgusting at all. 
a real peach of a father. 

No, you need to stop telling people they should be ashamed of their daughter because of But Trump!.  There is a term for this, but.....lets just say you've been consumed. 
Lol, no derangement. I don’t hate Trump. 

And I reserve the right to tell others what is good and bad, what they should be proud of and what they should be ashamed of. That’s called making moral judgments. So long as I don’t try to force others to agree with me, it’s perfectly legitimate for me to offer my POV. You and anyone else are free to reject or accept it. 

A conservative will argue that conservative values, and the protection of them under the law, will benefit all Americans, and all people. 

One example of many: a social conservative believes that abortion is murder, and therefore the legal practice of abortion is immoral and hurts society in general. So a conservative Supreme Court that might either overturn the legality of abortion or at least severely restrict it would be a benefit to all of society. (that’s their argument; I don’t share it.) 
Which side of the argument you're on is irrelevant to it being an accomplishment.  And making a strawman that laws set by the Supreme Court has to benefit every single person for it to matter is plain ignorance.

Which side of the argument you're on is irrelevant to it being an accomplishment.  And making a strawman that laws set by the Supreme Court has to benefit every single person for it to matter is plain ignorance.
I still haven't heard why this is so beneficial to all of us?  What is that doing for me, my family, my business, my city or my state?  Why is this such an incredible accomplishment?

You absolutely can’t make this stuff up. It’s something

I still haven't heard why this is so beneficial to all of us?  What is that doing for me, my family, my business, my city or my state?  Why is this such an incredible accomplishment?
Are you a conservative, Hawkeye? 

If you’re not one, then it’s unfair to demand that tonydead offer an argument to you that you’re going to reject anyhow. 

Are you a conservative, Hawkeye? 

If you’re not one, then it’s unfair to demand that tonydead offer an argument to you that you’re going to reject anyhow. 
I'm in the middle.  From what I gather it seems that it's very important to conservatives that he did it, which I understand.  I see it brought up all the time as one of Trump's biggest accomplishments and I just don't see it as that big of deal when it comes to benefiting the country as a whole.

If one of my kids ended up working for Trump I'd have to wonder what I did to fail them.

That's just me, though.  I'm sure there are some here that would say the same thing if their kid ended up working for Bernie Sanders or Beto.  

You absolutely can’t make this stuff up. It’s something
What you can’t make up is the insistence by so many people here, including apparently yourself, that we regard Donald Trump as a normal President worthy of the respect that we have afforded all of the others. There is not a single other President in modern times, Republican or Democrat, that I would write that you should be ashamed to work for him. Not one, even including Nixon. This is the only guy. He doesn’t deserve your respect. Those who choose to work for him (excluding non political civil servants or military) do not deserve your respect. It’s dishonorable. 

If one of my kids ended up working for Trump I'd have to wonder what I did to fail them.

That's just me, though.  I'm sure there are some here that would say the same thing if their kid ended up working for Bernie Sanders or Beto.  
Not the same. You can sharply disagree with Bernie or Beto but neither are dishonorable human beings. 

Bold - Strawman

Two recent examples:  A - Trump Travel Ban  B - Diversion of Military Funding for the Wall.  Both upheld by the Supreme Court.  Your strawman is going to scream, "That didn't help me!", however, that is irrelevant to it being an accomplishment.  Those are examples of things the GOP and a large portion of Americans want and think help keep Americans safe.  That side wins.

What you can’t make up is the insistence by so many people here, including apparently yourself, that we regard Donald Trump as a normal President worthy of the respect that we have afforded all of the others. There is not a single other President in modern times, Republican or Democrat, that I would write that you should be ashamed to work for him. Not one, even including Nixon. This is the only guy. He doesn’t deserve your respect. Those who choose to work for him (excluding non political civil servants or military) do not deserve your respect. It’s dishonorable. 
Link to anyone normalizing Trump in the recent daughter discussion?  Nobody was doing the opposite of what you were doing. 

Users who are viewing this thread