What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump rally protest thread (1 Viewer)

Bold - Strawman

Two recent examples:  A - Trump Travel Ban  B - Diversion of Military Funding for the Wall.  Both upheld by the Supreme Court.  You're strawman is going to scream, "That didn't help me!", however, that is irrelevant to it being an accomplishment.  Those are examples of things the GOP and a large portion of Americans want and think help keep Americans safe.  That side wins.
I have no strawman.  All I did was ask a simple question.  I feel it has more to do with having more republicans than democrats, or at least keeping it as even as possible.

Link to anyone normalizing Trump in the recent daughter discussion?  Nobody was doing the opposite of what you were doing. 
@boots11234 appears to be proud of his daughter's association with Trump, as if she were close with a regular President.  If his daughter had joined ISIS I think his post might have been a little different.

I have no strawman.  All I did was ask a simple question.  I feel it has more to do with having more republicans than democrats, or at least keeping it as even as possible.
You not understanding that your question contains a strawman doesn't change that fact.  

It’s the basic implication behind every bit of criticism I’ve received this morning for my caveat. 
Only in your head, there is a term for that.  A perceived implication vs. stating outright that you'd be ashamed of his daughter if she were yours.   You pick.

What's my strawman?
I explain it here, if you still don't get it I don't know what to tell you. 

Bold - Strawman

Two recent examples:  A - Trump Travel Ban  B - Diversion of Military Funding for the Wall.  Both upheld by the Supreme Court.  Your strawman is going to scream, "That didn't help me!", however, that is irrelevant to it being an accomplishment.  Those are examples of things the GOP and a large portion of Americans want and think help keep Americans safe.  That side wins.

It's being built, and you left out tax reform, and two supreme court justices and, oh never mind. 
I should have said build a fence working with Congress and not stealing money from other area under a made up emergency. Looking froward to President Warren’s environmental emergency. 

He did manage to get tax cuts through and was in the WH when 2 SC justices retired. I’d contend that we could have had any non-insane conservative In the job and those things would have happened.

I should have said build a fence working with Congress and not stealing money from other area under a made up emergency. Looking froward to President Warren’s environmental emergency. 

He did manage to get tax cuts through and was in the WH when 2 SC justices retired. I’d contend that we could have had any non-insane conservative In the job and those things would have happened.
You never listen.  Supreme Court upheld military funding for the wall, so......it's only stealing in imaginary land.

So you will support any president declaring an emergency to get funds moving forward?
What I support doesn't have much to do with anything when looking at what Presidents have accomplished.   If you want to change topics - I think the Supreme Court is probably an appropriate place to get a ruling on whether whatever the funds are being used for constitute an emergency.  I would kind of support that because that's the rules whether I agree with them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you can’t make up is the insistence by so many people here, including apparently yourself, that we regard Donald Trump as a normal President worthy of the respect that we have afforded all of the others. There is not a single other President in modern times, Republican or Democrat, that I would write that you should be ashamed to work for him. Not one, even including Nixon. This is the only guy. He doesn’t deserve your respect. Those who choose to work for him (excluding non political civil servants or military) do not deserve your respect. It’s dishonorable. 
So why comment at all? You don’t have to comment on every single post. Why not let the guy be proud of his daughter and I just let it at that?

Bunch of savages.  
BREAKING NEWS!  WHEN A BUNCH OF PEOPLE GET TOGETHER IN THE SAME PLACE THERE ARE SOME ###HOLES IN THE CROWD!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT! SAVAGES!! SAVAGES!!!

Jesus. And of course those ###holes definitely represent everyone that doesn't like Trump. WE'RE ALL SAVAGES!!! #### TRUMP AND THE POLICE YO!!

( and before Noonan reports me, this post is satire and not me actually threatening police)

That’s what you got out of that? Amazing the spin people put on stuff. 

Boots is obviously proud of his daughter, he’s mentioned it more than once. He should be proud of her if she’s serving her country and reached such an important position that she’s flying on Air Force One. That’s a terrific honor and that’s what I was trying to convey. 

But if it’s purely a political role, then I am not sure it’s something to be proud of. It has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I agree with her politics or Boots, or yours. It has to do with the fact that Donald Trump has dishonored the Presidency. His behavior has been shameful. I don’t think I could work for him in a political way. I think I’d be ashamed if my daughter did. So there’s a pretty big difference between the two, which is why I asked the question. Since Boots refused to answer me (which is fine; that’s his business) I still wanted to be nice and express a congratulatory note, but I was forced to do it with a caveat. 
his behavior sucks.  his results are fantastic.   we all agree on the first part, but not on the 2nd

BREAKING NEWS!  WHEN A BUNCH OF PEOPLE GET TOGETHER IN THE SAME PLACE THERE ARE SOME ###HOLES IN THE CROWD!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT! SAVAGES!! SAVAGES!!!

Jesus. And of course those ###holes definitely represent everyone that doesn't like Trump. WE'RE ALL SAVAGES!!! #### TRUMP AND THE POLICE YO!!

( and before Noonan reports me, this post is satire and not me actually threatening police)
What does "Stand up!  Fight back!" mean when people are gathered there?  I imagine it difficult for a lot of people to not to take that literally, I mean what did we all come down here for?

What I support doesn't have much to do with anything when looking at what Presidents have accomplished.   If you want to change topics - I think the Supreme Court is probably an appropriate place to get a ruling on whether whatever the funds are being used for constitute and emergency.  I would kind of support that because that's the rules whether I agree with them or not.
This is still going through the lower courts. Nothing has been settled yet.

The high court's order temporarily settles just one of several skirmishes between the Trump administration and House Democrats, "blue" states led by California, and environmental groups over border wall funds.

The court's five conservative justices lifted an injunction against the border wall spending that had been imposed by a federal district court judge in California and affirmed by a federal appeals court. The injunction blocked spending while the lawsuit challenging it remains pending at the appeals court. 

The five-member majority said in a brief order that the challengers appear to "have no cause of action" to review the Defense Department's authority to move up to $4 billion between accounts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1799514001

What does "Stand up!  Fight back!" mean when people are gathered there?  I imagine it difficult for a lot of people to not to take that literally, I mean what did we all come down here for?
That's right up there with all the things Trump has told his base to do.

If one of my kids ended up working for Trump I'd have to wonder what I did to fail them.

That's just me, though.  I'm sure there are some here that would say the same thing if their kid ended up working for Bernie Sanders or Beto.  
To be fair, I don't think your kid would potentially be at risk of prison working for Sanders or Beto. 

ETA: That said, being a logistical/security/support person of a government entity that happens to interact with the Prez is cool. Being an adviser, runner, etc for this particular one? Not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Democratic protesters say things that might incited violence you think it's funny just because Trump has said similar things before?
That's not what I found funny.  Did you speak out against when Trump did it?  I think inciting violence anywhere is incredibly stupid, especially democrats.

That's not what I found funny.  Did you speak out against when Trump did it?  I think inciting violence anywhere is incredibly stupid, especially democrats.
I certainly didn't and don't think inciting violence is funny, if that's what you're asking.

My belief is that if more people followed the teachings of modern religion the world would be a much better place. 
I'm cool with picking and choosing teachings from wherever that might make the world a better place, without the side effects of religion.

What I support doesn't have much to do with anything when looking at what Presidents have accomplished.   If you want to change topics - I think the Supreme Court is probably an appropriate place to get a ruling on whether whatever the funds are being used for constitute an emergency.  I would kind of support that because that's the rules whether I agree with them or not.
I believe the SC wasn’t ruling on The legitimacy of the wall being an emergency but that the president has the power to declare this bypassing Congress.

The president picking what they think money should be spent on and not going through Congress is not something that should be happening IMO regardless if you think it’s winning. 

Watching a Trump supporter complain that using "Fight back" as a rally chant is a call to violence is pretty awesome and I'm sure coming only from a sincere place.

Users who are viewing this thread