What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me help our veterans (1 Viewer)

tri-man 47

Footballguy
In selecting a fall marathon (to serve as a qualifier for the 2021 Boston Marathon), the opportunity came up to not only run the Marine Corp Marathon in Washington D.C. one month from today but to also join an MCM fundraising team on behalf of The Elk Institute, a non-profit organization in Florida.  The MCM is a powerful event in its own right, starting in front of the Pentagon, passing through the emotional blue mile, running through the National Mall, and finishing at the Marine Corp War Memorial

The race has taken on much greater significance for me as I run in support of The Elk Institute.  The Institute provides free services for veterans struggling with PTSD and other traumas.  I'm humbled and honored at this opportunity to help them out.  So I invite you to join me with a donation, if you're so inclined.  Here's the link.  Further, if I can run a mile on behalf of someone - yourself, or someone you know - please share the name with me (here or with a PM) and I'll let those names carry me along on race day.  My thanks!

Done thank you for your effort.  I don't run because I did enough of it in the Army to last a lifetime.
Thank you!  For grinding out all those miles while in the service, I'll think of y'all during the mentally tough bridge crossing around mile 20 when it will feel like a grind before getting close enough to focus on the finish. 

Just one bump to start the week.  Hoping you guys will do me proud here in supporting The Elk Institute, which works with vets suffering from traumas ...a very worthy cause where the need is great.  Link above.  TIA

While I’ve never wanted to run a marathon, if I did it would be the MCM. I worked the event a couple times while at Quantico.

Run a mile for LtCol Palmer. I was a Platoon Commander under him at 2d LAAD. He loved being a Marine and leading Marines. We were at his house for a Christmas party a couple months before his last deployment and he said it was going to be his last one. He was going to finally retire and watch his kids grow up. Unfortunately he didn’t make it back. 

Good luck.

RIP

While I’ve never wanted to run a marathon, if I did it would be the MCM. I worked the event a couple times while at Quantico.

Run a mile for LtCol Palmer. I was a Platoon Commander under him at 2d LAAD. He loved being a Marine and leading Marines. We were at his house for a Christmas party a couple months before his last deployment and he said it was going to be his last one. He was going to finally retire and watch his kids grow up. Unfortunately he didn’t make it back. 

Good luck.

RIP
Wow ...so sorry to read LtCol Palmer's story.  I'm honored to run a mile for him.  I'll think of him during the 'blue mile,' and carry his memory toward the end of the race as well.  Thank you for sharing this.

Users who are viewing this thread