What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial Lions and Chiefs thread...battle of the Titans. (2 Viewers)

Guess you gotta do what you gotta when you are trailing, but really seems like the lions would have better off running on that first down.

When you've chased a team like the Chiefs for 4 quarters like this Lions D has you have to be really low on the gas tank right now. 

Am I the only person who saw Williams clearly on his knees when they pushed him back before he fell forward into the end zone?

I met a guy named Mo today who is from Detroit & saw them win three NFL titles in six years when he was in high school & at Wayne State

Mo is 84

#truestory

Mo way dude 
He was a cool cat. Has this awesome slow roll way of walking, I thought he was like 60. Turns out he teaches at Julliard, we spent a good hour reminiscing about the East Side. One of eleven kids, he and his 87 y.o. sister are the only two left. Reconciled with his 53 y.o. son last year after being estranged for decades. Five minutes on football, 55 minutes on stuff that matters.

Great game, sucky ending.

I still think Stafford is good enough to win a SB.

That goal line funble should have been placed at the 1 inch line or a touchback.. I can't fathom how that 100 yard defense TD held up.

Fun game to watch.  The Lions look legit imo.

Explain why it was the % move for Patricia with the lead calling timeouts with the Chiefs only having one timeout left and time running out. To me you keep the pressure on the offense.

Also do not think it was wise for Patricia to use his first challenge in the first three minutes of the game over the spot. Also losing the challenge in the process.

I still think Stafford is good enough to win a SB.

That goal line funble should have been placed at the 1 inch line or a touchback.. I can't fathom how that 100 yard defense TD held up.

Fun game to watch.  The Lions look legit imo.
Stafford has one of the best arms ever in the NFL and he's an above average Qb, however I'm not sure he'll ever win a playoff game because there are plays left out on the field in just about every game that cap his potential. Second best QB ever for the Lions so that's saying something (I think).

That fumble was legit and it was legit a TD return. There are two blames there. KJ reaching for no good reason too short of the end zone (young RB mistake) and Golladay who actually had an opp to try and tackle the returner but decided it wasn't a true fumble in progress and let up on the play. Check the replay, no whistle and he reacted as if to attempt a chase/tackle and then said nahhhhh can't be real right? Gotta to play to a whistle there. KC did and it was the difference.

No doubt one of the best games of the year. I tip my hat to Lions for doing everything they could do but in the end, if you want to beat the best, you can't leave plays on the field. They did.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game gave me pause on what i think of the Matt Patricia era in Detroit, that team could of folded after the fumble return but they kept fighting all game. Maybe the culture has changed there, time will tell though.

Users who are viewing this thread