What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 4* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
I have been posting these late afternoon Sundays, and the response has been great.  Yesterday I was dealing with a few things where I couldn't post this when I wanted to......

Anyway, I still need to go back and review some of the afternoon games, so I have not seen all the potential scenarios and early pickups.

I do know several QBs went down, so they are all of a sudden becoming a bit more coveted.

JACOBY BRISSETT is only owned in 35% of Yahoo leagues, so he is out there in a bunch of leagues. I thought the loss of TY Hilton would set him back a little, but it didn't seem to affect him much at all.

From what he has shown, (including today) he should definitely be owned in every league.  I have seen him as currently QB 7-9, depending on several popular scoring formats.

Who all else you guys have??

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple that were mentioned above:

QB:

• Winston - definitely a priority for anyone who lost a QB to injury, has a touch matchup(s)in the next weeks, or doesn't have a top-tier QB currently. While not the greatest, can end up as QB1-3 at any given week. 
  • Andy Dalton (if not owned) - has a sweet matchup next week
  • Brissett - seems to have a pretty high floor every week

RB:

• J. Ajayi - has to be the most speculative add of a RB not currently on a team ever. But I'd expect him to land somewhere and depending on that spot could have some decent value
the usual suspects of Handcuffs/ burried on the depth chart of:

• J. Williams (should be ok from all reports)
  • Edmonds - 1 DJ injusy away from being a viable Fantasy RB
  • Pollard - see above & replace DJ with Zeke
  • J. Hill - see above & while I know Gus Edwards would essentially be the defacto RB1 there, Hill has the explosive talent.
  • Darrell Williams (likely already owned, but if not, would move to the top of this list)

WR:

• Golden Tate - off suspension this week, if not owned, a great WW Target
  • AJ Brown - could be a flash in the pan, but he looked really good this week
  • Dorsett - if not already owned, should continue to get looks in that NE offense (current week not exactly promising though)
  • Cole Beasley - in PPR leagues has more value as he's getting the targets (wait to see how Allen looks)
TE:

• Any TE playing Arizona
I'm sure there's some more I'm missing, but this should be a decent start

I wouldn't say don't go after Dorset but saw some tap on him.  Bunch of 3 yard outs and every once in a while gets free on a long pass - plus I don't think the offense can support 3 WR's.  I would avoid as he will likely just sit on the bench for inconsistency - but it depends on what's on your roster and waiver wire.

Herndon if he wasn't grabbed.  

If 2QB or superflex, maybe Chase Daniel if news on Trubisky comes back bad - he looked competent against a very decent Minny defense, and that was being thrust into it.   He's very capable of producing Flacco/Keenum type numbers if you're in a deep league 

QB - Brissett and maybe Minshew, who's at least been solid so far. Maybe check if Stafford and Winston are out there, but they're probably not.

RB - Mostly a wasteland this week. Make sure Ronald Jones isn't available, I guess. 

WR - AJ Brown will grab attention, though it's hard for me to recommend someone who hasn't surpassed 3 receptions in a game. In that regard, I'd rather go for Sutton, where available. Sanu's having a quietly solid year, albeit moreso in PPR leagues.

TE - Graham could be interesting if you think he gets more targets while Adams is on the mend, but he (and Seals-Jones) seems more a watch than a pickup. Herndon? Ben Watson? 

Herndon if he wasn't grabbed.  

If 2QB or superflex, maybe Chase Daniel if news on Trubisky comes back bad - he looked competent against a very decent Minny defense, and that was being thrust into it.   He's very capable of producing Flacco/Keenum type numbers if you're in a deep league 
Any guesstimate what Herndon could do upon his - and Darnold’s - return? 

I'll add Javon Wims, CHI WR to the list for deep leagues and keeper/dynastyformats.  He secured 4 catches on 5 targets for 56 yards yesterday, filling in for an injured Taylor Gabriel.  He was a 7th round pick of the Bears in the 2018 draft and was a training camp star this year.  Obviously a lot of factors in play here with the QB situation, but no one besides Allen Robinson has really stepped up in the passing game so far.

It also looked like Daniel had a good rapport with Wims, perhaps from both of them working together with the 2nd team.

A.J. Brown looks like the #1 WR already-- I bet he's not widely owned in redrafts. He's making Corey Davis look more and more like a BUST
That bust talk is laughable. 

Why did AJ Brown get only 30 yards on 10 targets over a 2 game span?  Is it because he's a bust, or because his QB and offensive system are holding him back? 

Sam Darnold?

Jets look bad so not sure this ship is purely rightable, but he was serviceable last year, has some upside, and is completely off the radar so may be a consideration for QB-needy teams.

Should be back after the Jets bye in Week 5, and would imagine that as news spins up as he's returning, will be harder to claim later than now.

Sam Darnold?

Jets look bad so not sure this ship is purely rightable, but he was serviceable last year, has some upside, and is completely off the radar so may be a consideration for QB-needy teams.

Should be back after the Jets bye in Week 5, and would imagine that as news spins up as he's returning, will be harder to claim later than now.
I already claimed him in one. Two upcoming vs. Miami in Weeks Nine and Thirteen, IIRC. 

2QB/Superflex could be Colt McCoy and his sweet match-up with Miami in Week Six, though I find it hard to believe he'd bring that much value to somebody.

Matt Barkley of Buffalo is another speculative add with Josh Allen's head injury. 

Kicking myself for not grabbing Ronald Jones on Sunday morning.  Hoping to get him when waivers run Wednesday.

Good call on Saints D @Ketamine Dreams
assuming they were dropped for their bye week NYJ is the defense to grab here....  tehy have games left against:  NYG, Jax, wash, oakland, cinn.....and best for  last..... 2x  Miami....and they have already had their bye...  getting their qb back whats not to love?    edit to add...day late and a dollar short....  I picked them  up before Sundays game cause they WILL be  picked up on the WW in my league

Davis had 5 catches for 91 yards and a TD yesterday. 🤷‍♂️ 
yeah I know, but the point is Brown-- taking little time to look like the real deal (while we're still waiting for Davis to show any consistency.)

Brown should be on the radar for those who feel shaky about their WRs (or even those who own Davis). 

Caveat: who knows when or how often Mariota will ever look this good again. And if you ever bet $ on a Titans game, you really got a gambling problem :D  

People have to remember that Herndon isn’t available until week 6
Can't wait til after week 5 or else it's a bidding war or someone with a higher priority claims him.  Time to grab him is now (or last week).  Watson is intriguing too.  By all reports, Herndon had a good pre-season.  For those that are TE needy, you could do worse.  

Can't wait til after week 5 or else it's a bidding war or someone with a higher priority claims him.  Time to grab him is now (or last week).  Watson is intriguing too.  By all reports, Herndon had a good pre-season.  For those that are TE needy, you could do worse.  
Guy in our league drafted and stashed. No such luck. Watson is thirty-eight. I'd temper excitement. He's likely there to steady the run game. But by all means when desperate...

Perhaps Deebo Samuel coming off a bye 
I cut him going into the bye week because I needed roster space but that was going to be my suggestion. Look for anyone who might have been put out on a bye week.

Deebo was red hot on the WW Weeks 1 and 2, had a relatively quiet day vs Pitt and some owners decided to grab other options. 

It shows him as the starter although they rotate these guys a lot. He is . rookie and I think his back hafl will be even better than what he does right now. You could do a lot worse than Deebo as a WR6/Flex/Bye week guy. He has some real upside and he is just getting started on an upstart team eager to show they are good as the GM/HC might be outif SF doesn't win 10 games, they are well on their way. 

All signs looking good in San Fran right now. Excellent idea if he is available. 

Thoughts on Pettis? It came out he had an undisclosed injury going into the season, and had another nagging injury iirc.

My guess is that this was the real reason behind the low snap counts / usage to start the season and the doghouse stuff was overblown. 

Can pick him up for free right now in Yahoo leagues. 

I grabbed Ben Watson before the games this past Sunday before he had any projected points, as people tend to look for that. Hopefully he isn’t listed with too many so that you can sneak him without spending too much.

It’s not that I think he’s going to be a stud, but this is the exact kind of situation you look for if you’re someone who needs TE help.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned. But Jay Ajayi could be worth a speculative add if you can keep a dead roster spot for 2-3 weeks.

Not sure what the ideal situation for him might be. I’m sure everyone will yell NYG .. but I disagree. Gallman showed well and Barkley is a super alien and will probably beat his original timetable to return.

Actually now that I’m thinking about it? I really can’t think of ANY situation that he would be a fantasy worthy in.

sorry if you kept reading. 

Don't think Marlon Mack misses time, but if he does Jordan Wilkins becomes viable.
Wilkins and Hines seemed to be used for both running and passing down plays, IIRC, in the game this weekend against OAK when Mack was down.

Not sure how you valuate one versus the other if Mack is out for an extended time.

I think we can dispense with the Ajayi speculation. Maybe if there’s an injury somewhere, but even then there’s no guarantee he’ll leap over a team’s next man up. He may have had some juice at one point, but strikes me as JAG now.

For the widely speculated NYG, Gallman seems to be acquitting himself well.

I think we can dispense with the Ajayi speculation. Maybe if there’s an injury somewhere, but even then there’s no guarantee he’ll leap over a team’s next man up. He may have had some juice at one point, but strikes me as JAG now.

For the widely speculated NYG, Gallman seems to be acquitting himself well.
Teams rarely fix something that ain't broke. Gallman does not seem broken.

He averaged like 3 ypc against Washington. Not sure if we know if it's broken yet.
They won by 21 and he scored twice with 118 total yards.

Not saying he's all world, just that  there isn't any pressing need.

Witten looks great if still available 

did I hear enlarged spleen for Darnold? RAnderson? 

Eifert getting a lot of looks in first drive and he’s healthy so perhaps. 

I like Pettis and Gallup for the future. 

Users who are viewing this thread