What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's identify a WR worth acquiring in trade (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
So this is a little bit like the buy low thread but focusing on WR and hoping for more constructive talk than a list of names.

One guy I am considering is Golloday but then look at the Lions schedule and he has games left with the following before week 13:

1 Pack

1 Vikes

2 Bears

Starting with no confidence in 4 of 8 (maybe 5 depending on how you feel about Dallas).

But he also has some cupcakes.

Any thoughts?  Please add thoughts on a WR suggestion of your own.  Maybe even throw in what you would consider offering in trade

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't think Golladay would be a buy low after his big game yesterday.  I would think he would be tough to acquire unless his owner thinks it was a fluke.  He has been disappointing in usage as Marvin Jones seems to be getting more targets than I would like as a Golladay owner but they do go to Kenny G in the red zone.  He could have had three TD's yesterday - all in the redzone. 

I like Golladay and would go after him but beware that he will disappear every few weeks. 

I’m getting frustrated as an AJ Green owner. Had to talk myself into saying I’ve made it through 4 weeks. May be easier to trade for now and hold for 2-3 weeks vs someone who has dealt with it for 4 already.

Of guys I think would be realistically available as of today:

Hollywood -- T-8th most targets coming off 2 down weeks

Kirk (INJ) -- T-5th most targets. Expect him to miss some time. I wouldn't try to acquire til there's a timeline to return....if he returns this season. Complete negligence on the Cards staff's part letting Kirk play another snap after the injury. Just disgusting in a completely meaningless drive. 

Beasley -- T-6th most targets. Probably the guy I'd be going after if Allen isn't out long term. He's Allen's security blanket, isnt hurt, safer floor (even if lower weekly upside), and the most acquirable.

I have Green, Golden Tate AND Kareem Hunt... and I'm 3-1. ☺️

I feel like I'm holding at least one Golden Ticket for the playoff stretch (just might be hard to hold onto them all in order to find out!)

To be more productive, as per the OP-- I agree about targeting the Green owner, especially if they have more Injuries than you do. Just make a fair offer based on where their needs are.

Courtland Sutton is someone I am targeting in a trade. Teams got him cheap and probably don't play him.  
He was my first thought when I read the post title. Glad I got him in my main league draft but I'm targeting him in my other leagues too. His stock is rising and it won't stop. 

Kirk (INJ) -- T-5th most targets. Expect him to miss some time. I wouldn't try to acquire til there's a timeline to return....if he returns this season. Complete negligence on the Cards staff's part letting Kirk play another snap after the injury. Just disgusting in a completely meaningless drive.
They were going no huddle and it was actually Fitz that told him to get up. I was watching that game. What was the staff supposed to do without any timeouts at the end of the game?

A great buy low opportunity is Corey Davis. 3 stinkers then a good game last week after Mariota saying he needs to do a better job of getting him the ball. lead the team in targets. As an owner, his price is still fairly low but his upside is tremendous. 

Zero chance Golladay is a buy low. 

Diggs is a decent buy low

MVS could be a great buy right now

As mentioned above: Beasley is a great buy as he didnt cost much to begin with and owners may be looking to cash out. 

Same with Hollywood... good buy after 2 down weeks 

Tyler Boyd

John Brown

Deebo Samuel

Adam Thielen
I'm kind of expecting a nice game from Boyd tonight, so it might be the smallest of windows.

Agree on Brown and Thielen.

I'd add DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel, that offense has just missed on several big plays. As Allen gets more comfortable, expect more hits.

Maybe Tyler Lockett as he's had 2 duds, along with 2 great games. He's not gonna be cheap, but likely isn't valued as a WR1, which he could be going forward.

MVS makes sense, though his owners could be wanting to sell high based on Adams being hurt.

I don't think the Golladay call is bad, if you feel he's going to be a top-10 WR. I think he's still valued at WR2 prices.

If you want to talk expensive buy low guys, I'd think Beckham and Hopkins are prime candidates. Maybe Keenan Allen too, if somebody thinks they are selling high. 

They were going no huddle and it was actually Fitz that told him to get up. I was watching that game. What was the staff supposed to do without any timeouts at the end of the game?
What any competent coaching staff would do in a 3 score game with arguably your top receiving option obviously hurt and struggling to get up with seconds left to play....

They didn't have to run another play after his initial injury. 

Truly disgusting by the staff on multiple levels. :thumbdown:  Kirk was clearly compromised. He had absolutely zero business playing another snap after that. A day later it still makes me sick that they did. Negligence on their part.  

Andy Isabella would be a great buy, if hes even rostered in redraft. Hes starting to move up the depth chart and kirk was just hurt and may miss time. 

AZ has been throwing a lot of short stuff and Isabella is great with those routes. 

Hopkin owners like me may be getting frustrated. 
...and a cheaper alternative would be Will Fuller.

Has an insane amount of air yards and Watson just missed him on a potential 75 yard TD.

And K. Stills got banged up.

I'd also add OBJ to the list.

...and a cheaper alternative would be Will Fuller.

Has an insane amount of air yards and Watson just missed him on a potential 75 yard TD.

And K. Stills got banged up.

I'd also add OBJ to the list.
Fuller isn't seeing enough targets and is just running deep routes which are great when they hit every so often, but he's not running intermediate routes very much, and when he does, isn't getting the targets. I know he's a vogueish pick, but I wouldn't go for him as things are in Houston right now.

Hopkins was the #1 undisputed WR before the season started but I would trade him for Godwin in a heartbeat right now.
Straight up 1 for 1 deal? 

Id feel weird about doing that - but I guess it could work out.

might float Hopkins for Godwin and a piece, after your post 

Not popular but I still like Keke Coutee. Stills hurt, Fuller always gets hurt. Keke had a good connection with Watson last season and with the weak online it seems like a good fit for those quick passes. Best part is he may be on the waiver wire.

Offering Hopkins for Godwin and a draft pick right now. Dynasty.

i feel weird about it. But I think it could work out.

Tyler Boyd

John Brown

Deebo Samuel

Adam Thielen
What about Thielen's situation makes you want to trade for him?   Seems like the combination of a run-first offense and a horrid QB has destroyed his value.  I could get him pretty cheap, I think, but why would I want to?   

What about Thielen's situation makes you want to trade for him?   Seems like the combination of a run-first offense and a horrid QB has destroyed his value.  I could get him pretty cheap, I think, but why would I want to?   
Because the same sotuation existed last year and he did fine, so there is hope cor a return to the old game plan?

Seems like an ideal buy low to me.

Andy Isabella would be a great buy, if hes even rostered in redraft. Hes starting to move up the depth chart and kirk was just hurt and may miss time. 

AZ has been throwing a lot of short stuff and Isabella is great with those routes. 
He'll never hold up taking the hits those routes require imo. He's more of a Brandin Cooks with worse hands on an offense that will throw more. 

Back to OBJ.  I heard today on a pod that his yardage totals thus far are about equal to several of his starts in years that he has finished with big numbers.  I don't know where to look for that data.

His catches and td's may vary. 

So apparently a slow starter - strong finisher.  I am floating an offer tomorrow. 

Anyone getting/making offers?

wow.

but then, as a Godwin owner in 2 leagues, I'm not sure I'd sell...
Lol so ... maybe it’s not such a “wow”

depending on roster makeup, and league requirements. Most dynasty leagues have some sort of contract, and budget attached to it.

In my situation, is take Godwin and a 2020 1st for Hopkins.

Lol so ... maybe it’s not such a “wow”

depending on roster makeup, and league requirements. Most dynasty leagues have some sort of contract, and budget attached to it.

In my situation, is take Godwin and a 2020 1st for Hopkins.
it's still a "wow", as Nuk really is a top 3 WR.   Godwin just looks really good right now and is younger.  I'd still take Nuk, but it's no longer a "let me triple check injuries and rape allegations" offer. 

I think I can agree with this. 

it's still a "wow", as Nuk really is a top 3 WR.   Godwin just looks really good right now and is younger.  I'd still take Nuk, but it's no longer a "let me triple check injuries and rape allegations" offer. 

I think I can agree with this. 
You own Godwin in dynasty? 

Lets play the hypothetical game for a minute. 

Are taking Hopkins for the next 1.5 years? Or Godwin for the next 2?

Throw in the spice  of a possible 2020 1st coming along with Godwin. 

Trust me. I hate the though of not having Hopkins ... but I’m also about getting value and future picks

Because the same sotuation existed last year and he did fine, so there is hope cor a return to the old game plan?

Seems like an ideal buy low to me.
Stefanski was the interim offensive coordinator for the last 3 games of 2018.   They threw for 198, 240 and 101 yards.   Thielen had targets of 2, 6 and 4 (his three lowest targeted games of the season), with 19, 80 and 38 yards in those three games.   And that was without a healthy Dalvin Cook.  I'm just afraid this is their game plan.

Stefanski was the interim offensive coordinator for the last 3 games of 2018.   They threw for 198, 240 and 101 yards.   Thielen had targets of 2, 6 and 4 (his three lowest targeted games of the season), with 19, 80 and 38 yards in those three games.   And that was without a healthy Dalvin Cook.  I'm just afraid this is their game plan.
It is. That's why I traded him before the season. Lolol

You own Godwin in dynasty? 

Lets play the hypothetical game for a minute. 

Are taking Hopkins for the next 1.5 years? Or Godwin for the next 2?

Throw in the spice  of a possible 2020 1st coming along with Godwin. 

Trust me. I hate the though of not having Hopkins ... but I’m also about getting value and future picks
In a couple.

In one I'm building, so unlikely to trade a first and Godwin for nuk. But if I were a top competitor? Probably. It's a good time to buy nuk, we think. Seems pretty even imo. Just up to the team's current path

Users who are viewing this thread