What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I work now..CUZ wife. (1 Viewer)

BoltNlava

Footballguy
Now I get EVERTHING delivered via Instacart. Not using my time to shop for household things (anything in house or outside). $99 a year No fee (tip not included but usually 2-5$ each) 

My question ...do you? 

What does you working have to do with Instacart and such similar services?
I now work retail (been my bulk of work for 20 year before) ..not instacart. I do not want to step into an actual big box retail establishment on my time. 

I now work retail (been my bulk of work for 20 year before) ..not instacart. I do not want to step into an actual big box retail establishment on my time. 
From what I can tell there are variables here:

1. you work (now)

2. you have a wife (who is why you work)

3. you get everything delivered by Instacart

What I can't figure out is what they have to do with each other. The relationships here escape me. 

I was wondering how many people would rather shop via app instead of doing it themselves after working. I get it's a new time and all but I'm from way back. Back before things were instant gratification. This is a new sensation and I'm enjoying it. Sorry the post is garnering such a sardonic reaction. Wasn't expected but now I get it. 

Was retired and used to shop every other day. Wife still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering how many people would rather shop via app instead of doing it themselves after working. I get it's a new time and all but I'm from way back. Back before things were instant gratification. This is a new sensation and I'm enjoying it. Sorry the post is garnering such a sardonic reaction. Wasn't expected but now I get it. 

Was retired and used to shop every other day. Wife still works.
I feel like the more you try to explain what you are trying to say, the less I get what it is you are trying to say.

Yeah, I like having regular staples like milk, bananas, paper towels and soap just show up at my house. Who enjoys going to buy those things?

I feel like the more you try to explain what you are trying to say, the less I get what it is you are trying to say.
yeah sorry. I was just wondering how much home delivery has changed your daily lives. It has made mine easier to deal with since I work at 4 am to noon. I really don't want to shop after. Just curious guys. 

yeah sorry. I was just wondering how much home delivery has changed your daily lives. It has made mine easier to deal with since I work at 4 am to noon. I really don't want to shop after. Just curious guys. 
I'm leaving for the grocery store in about 30 minutes.

not for me. grocery shopping is just another way to get out of the house, smell the fresh air, interact with other people.  the time of being cooped up in the house all the time for 4-5 months is nigh. i'm not wasting opportunities to get out while i can.

There we go.

I mean we buy most everything from amazon.  Wife uses the curb side pickup for groceries but like furley, I actually enjoy the grocery store.

not for me. grocery shopping is just another way to get out of the house, smell the fresh air, interact with other people.  the time of being cooped up in the house all the time for 4-5 months is nigh. i'm not wasting opportunities to get out while i can.
see? this is where I was but 5 years...lol. I get all the interaction I need now. Bring me my stuff!

1. you work (now)

What I can't figure out is what they have to do with each other. The relationships here escape me. 
Pretty simple. He works to pay for all that crap they keep ordering from Instacart.

Amazon is both a time saver and money waster. I try to make a daily list of what I need now. I do have prime and abuse it like the true American I am, but do not use prime now.

1. you work (now)

He's currently at work, while his wife is shopping on Instacart.

I went to Menards to buy some chicken wire and zip ties today.  Figured I'd get gas on my exit off highway.  Right before I got to my exit there was a traffic jam.  Luckily my SUV has AWD.  Successful U turn was able to get gas at the previous exit.  Instacart would have saved me from traffic, but I don't think I can order chicken wire on instacart.

mr. furley said:
I go at least twice a week to get out of the house. I’m a stay-at-home dad and it’s a good time waster with my toddler. 

mr. furley said:
am i on ketamine? i'm on ketamine, aren't i?
You need to share because something is not right in here.  Or with me.   Or with the world.  Or maybe I have been fasting for too long and have symptoms similar to Woz.   I don't need ketamine.  I need sustenance.  That's it.  

BoltNlava said:
Now I get EVERTHING delivered via Instacart. Not using my time to shop for household things (anything in house or outside). $99 a year No fee (tip not included but usually 2-5$ each) 

My question ...do you? 
What kind of milk do you buy?  Are you a whole milk kind of guy?  Don't tell me your a fru-fru Almond milk drinker?  SAD!

Users who are viewing this thread