What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Help - Zeke (1 Viewer)

Smokin Okie

Footballguy
PPR 10 player keeper league

RBS: Are awful outside of Zeke

Zeke
Drake
Duke Johnson
Mostert
Pollard

WRs: Injuries are killing me

Adams (hurt)
Gallup (hurt)
Kirk (hurt)

MVS
Hollywood Brown
DJ Moore
Cole  Beasely
Preston Williams

TE: 
Ertz

My question is should I flip Zeke for two players?  I have been offered Chris Godwin and Aaron Jones but have not made a decision yet.  I don't trust Jones very much. My record is currently 2-2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m of the opinion that the guy getting the best player wins the trade. So in this case you would lose. Gallup will be back soon. 

You'd be giving up perhaps the best keeper option in the league for a #2/3 WR and a #2 RB.  No way i'd trade Zeke unless you're getting at least one low-end #1 player plus a #2/3 player.  You're 2-2 so you're still in the hunt and i think giving up your best player will only hurt your team in the long run, especially for those two players. 

Who else is on the other manager's roster and what is their record?  I would think that other teams in contention would be salivating at the opportunity to get Zeke so if you're hell bent on trading him then I think you should make a counter-offer for some better players.  

I also need help so please answer my question:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780804-trade-lamar-jackson-for-derek-henry-please-help/

The other team is 1-3.  Outside of Jones and Godwin there's really nobody that I'm interested in acquiring.  I turned down his offer and will see what other teams are interested.

I was also offered four 2020 1st round picks and WR Sutton for Zeke buy I declined.
What are the chances that some of those four first rounders being an early pick?

If some of those picks turned out to be early first round picks & I don't believe I am a contender this year, I would really consider that offer.

Right now, the 2020 NFL draft is considered a strong draft. (Do you draft rookies or unrostered players who are not keepers or both)?

I am saying this without knowledge of your league and keeper rules, I would need to know your league better to offer a specific opinion.

We draft rookies and unrostered players. There’s a good chance that at least one of those picks would be top 5. 

Keep Zeke. You have good WR depth. Find someone with RB depth and try moving Adams. He shouldn’t be out too long so you could even wait 1-2 weeks and once he’s back flip him at max value.

If you need to do it now I bet you could still get someone like Kerryon Johnson, Melvin Gordon (with threat of Ekeler splitting carries), or Fournette.

Or try a package deal first with your lower end WR’s for like David Montgomery who should pick up in the second half of the season.

We draft rookies and unrostered players. There’s a good chance that at least one of those picks would be top 5. 
What I was wondering above is where those four first rounder would likely be located in the first round and how many rookies get drafted early.

I know you said 10 player keeper, but I do not know how many teams are in your league, roster sizes, and how your drafts go, etc..

If your league functions more like a dynasty league, and you received a few very early first rounders, I would consider that offer (especially if there was a very good chance you could get two or more very early picks).

I don't know how your scoring rules work, but in my dynasty league, I own Zeke, and he is currently the 11th RB in scoring.

If your record fell to 2 and 4, would you still be a contender?

We have 12 teams in the league/Keep 10 players/Roster of 24. Usually the rookies go pretty quick. 

At least one of the picks would be top 3-5. One would probably be a mid round and then a couple of late rounds. 

Zeke is currently #12 RB in the league so it’s very similar to yours. If I go to 2-4 I’m probably on the verge of being out of it. I’m guessing if I get to 5 losses then I won’t make it in. 

What I was wondering above is where those four first rounder would likely be located in the first round and how many rookies get drafted early.

I know you said 10 player keeper, but I do not know how many teams are in your league, roster sizes, and how your drafts go, etc..

If your league functions more like a dynasty league, and you received a few very early first rounders, I would consider that offer (especially if there was a very good chance you could get two or more very early picks).

I don't know how your scoring rules work, but in my dynasty league, I own Zeke, and he is currently the 11th RB in scoring.

If your record fell to 2 and 4, would you still be a contender?

I was also offered four 2020 1st round picks and WR Sutton for Zeke buy I declined.

We have 12 teams in the league/Keep 10 players/Roster of 24. Usually the rookies go pretty quick. 

At least one of the picks would be top 3-5. One would probably be a mid round and then a couple of late rounds. 

Zeke is currently #12 RB in the league so it’s very similar to yours. If I go to 2-4 I’m probably on the verge of being out of it. I’m guessing if I get to 5 losses then I won’t make it in. 
I would probably keep Zeke right now, but I might reconsider if I started losing and became a noncontender early in this season, or if some of those draft choices some how became earlier draft choices than what you estimate. Many people believe that the 2020 draft to be very strong, and if you still had your first round pick, that would be five first round picks along with WR Sutton, that would be a good haul for next year.

Remember Zeke like all RBs have a shelf life, you have to ask yourself a question, how long will Zeke last. He probably has several good years left, but what if you have to rebuild your team to contend?

Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread