What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings week 5 (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Week 5 here we go.  I had 1 successful tourney lineup, 1 successful week of cash lineups, everything else sucks.  Oh well on to the next one and see if I can do better.  I still have bankroll to play with so I'm still alive ha. 

First thoughts were the same as the Fanduel one mostly, but I kind of like the Thur-Mon slate the best, or Sun-Mon instead of main slate Sun. 

For WR's if I can include Woods for Thur since he's cheap.  MVS might be a strong play if no Davante Adams.  He's not super cheap, but seems like a no brainer play.  Sutton or Sanders seem like easy choices if Casey Hayward is out.  I keep seeing Curtis Samuel so cheap and I might not be able to resist (I keep picking him every week and he doesn't work out).  Auden Tate maybe if John Ross is a no go?  Deebo coming off bye week and more involved I bet.  Tyrell Williams just seems to be the #1 and in good matchups so far.  Or just pay up for Nuk/Julio/Keenan in some way I don't think you can go wrong there but it does limit RB options a lot on DK more so than Fanduel.  As you can tell I'm not very confident in the WR's this week.  

RB wise I think the sneaky play is Nyheim Hines or Wilkins if Mack is out this week.  Especially on DK.  Otherwise DJ is an instant lock, same with Cook, Mixon looks good, so does Conner, Zeke, Fournette, Aaron Jones if no Jamaal Williams.  My other sneaky play is David Montgomery, but he's more GPP I think.  Lindsay is questionable but I'm hearing his name pop up on podcasts right now.  In the 4.5k range or less, Josh Jacobs and Miles Sanders might be decent plays, along with Penny, and Wilkins like I mentioned.  

Insta lock in Kittle at 5300, I'm not even thinking of another TE anywhere cash or GPP.

Leaves you dumpster diving for QB depending on how you go, but I don't hate the idea of Josh Allen (if cleared), Rivers, Cousins, Brissett, hell maybe even Chase Daniels.  

That's basically what I've come with first glance for cash, Thu-Mon though so it isn't main slate

Josh Allen

Dalvin Cook, DJ, Hines

Tyrell Williams, Woods, Deebo

Kittle

Vikings

I’ve toned it down the last couple weeks after getting a little too big for my britches. Firing up some lineups again this week though. I’ve actually done better in gpp than cash this season. I also got my appendix out this past weekend so I have time to kill, so I think I might take $20 and enter $1 max entries in a tourney this week. 

Rather than the main slate against 400,000 people I may look for an early only  contest instead. 

Playing with the optimizer and not really liking the lineups. 14/20 have both Cinci WRs(Boyd,Tate) and all have Tate. 

12/20 have Rudolph at QB

I do like that it has at least 4 of the following in almost every lineup- Cmac,Bell, Fournette,M Thomas,Engram,Olsen,Chargers

Guess people are way more into Fanduel this week
Was thinking the same thing earlier, lol.

Definitely doing a Watson/Hopkins stack again this week for gpp, they are bound to go off at some point(like Evans 2 weeks ago) and have been under 9% owned the last 2 weeks.

Also like your Montgomery call and I like Hyde as a gpp flyer too.

Guess people are way more into Fanduel this week
I am getting hammered on DK, so trying to focus on FD this week.  My rants are over there, but I am on the same players on both sites for the most part.  I do notice the price difference and how hard it is to fit in CMC, Cook, DJ in a DK lineup. 

I do have a couple lus for placeholders, but my funds are slipping here.  

Its alot harder to make a cash lineup I like on DK than FD but going with this for now

Wentz,Cook,DJ,Fitz,Sutton,Dionte,Eifert,Fournette,Chargers

If I upgrade from Dionte or Eifert I end up with Hyde as my flex-this feels somewhat safer

Updated cash lineup that I think is more comfortable for me

Deshaun Watson

Zeke, DJ, McCaffrey

Crowder, Keesean Johnson, Curtis Samuel

Eifert

Bills

KeeSean is a questionable one, along with Crowder, but it looks like both Byrd and Kirk are going to be out for Arizona so I'm just hoping for targets.  That or DJ gets more work, so I feel like it's a good hedge no matter what happens.  Crowder is a much better play if Darnold goes, but I'll probably look to pivot off that later on.  

I put in something similar as what I posted in the FD thread in a dk cash lineup:

Ryan- CMC/Dj/Cook - M.thomas/a.tate/k.johnson- eifert - Carolina

Seems a little thin at a couple wr spots, but really like the rest.  Also keeping an eye on Coutee at 3.4k if no Stills and a cheap charger wr in that range.  

Last edited by a moderator:
For gpp, looking at building lineups with Saints/Bucs game stacks. Winston is coming off two good games in a row now and that offense is clicking. Its a division game so anything can happen but last year's game at NO was 84 total pts.

I'll be heavy into the Rams/Hawks game tonight too.  Anyone else playing the TNF showdown contests? 

Trying to estimate Gurley's usage. Will they cut back his touches due to short week or is it all systems go. Rams just lost to the Bucs and only rushed 11 times.

It seems like this would be the game we finally see some Henderson.

Interesting.  I never use qb in cpt spot.  Usually write down pass catchers I like, and use one of the cheapest in the cpt to get more O guys in there.  

I am just going to put in 2 25cent entries.  

Interesting.  I never use qb in cpt spot.  Usually write down pass catchers I like, and use one of the cheapest in the cpt to get more O guys in there.  

I almost never use Goff in the CPT spot. you want a QB that can rush too. He's definitely not my favorite player tonight. but I have a small number of lineups with him. I'm just trying to decide on Gurley. He has 3TD upside if McVay will just let him loose. But with the short week, that's probably not going to happen. And Hawks are really tough to beat in prime time night games at home. That stadium will be beyond LOUD. 

Also probably have to try at least a couple of lineups with both defenses because TNF and all that. 

KarmaPolice said:

I have 4 25 centers too with Capts of Carson,Wilson,Kupp and Zuerlein

KarmaPolice said:
I put in something similar as what I posted in the FD thread in a dk cash lineup:

Ryan- CMC/Dj/Cook - M.thomas/a.tate/k.johnson- eifert - Carolina

Seems a little thin at a couple wr spots, but really like the rest.  Also keeping an eye on Coutee at 3.4k if no Stills and a cheap charger wr in that range.  
That's basically what I did too, other than MT.  I spent down there a little so I could be a little more comfortable at WR.  Really only works for the Thur-Mon slate though, as there are very few WR's in the 4500-5500 range I actually do like.  

Rivers, CMC, DJ, Zeke, Woods (tonight), Sutton, Keke, Eifert, Carolina

I realized this morning (after I posted that other cash lineup), that paying up for QB is basically useless when Ryan and Rivers are sitting there for the taking in cash.  Saves enough that the 3 RB model works pretty nicely I think.  Everyone is on Carolina this week though so I'm wondering if there's another option right now, too bad I can't build anymore today.  

That's basically what I did too, other than MT.  I spent down there a little so I could be a little more comfortable at WR.  Really only works for the Thur-Mon slate though, as there are very few WR's in the 4500-5500 range I actually do like.  

Rivers, CMC, DJ, Zeke, Woods (tonight), Sutton, Keke, Eifert, Carolina

I realized this morning (after I posted that other cash lineup), that paying up for QB is basically useless when Ryan and Rivers are sitting there for the taking in cash.  Saves enough that the 3 RB model works pretty nicely I think.  Everyone is on Carolina this week though so I'm wondering if there's another option right now, too bad I can't build anymore today.  
That does work - I am surprised how cheap the LAR wrs are.  I don't like that I have 2 Cinci pass catchers in the same LU.   I am not super excited about about Eifert on DK since he doesn't see a ton of targets, but he gets work in the RZ, so I think he's a better play on FD.  

I really like Hooper's price and would rather have him in there for cash, but switching to him would only leave me 5.4K for a WR, and not sure I like anybody that much to get off of somebody like M.Thomas.  The next guys on my list are in the Sutton/Fuller/Sanders range, and I don't think them + Hooper is worth the pivot from Thomas+Eifert.

I have 4 25 centers too with Capts of Carson,Wilson,Kupp and Zuerlein
It's 50cents, and 146K entries, so I tried to get a little odd.  Going to go with shootout and fade a couple higher owned guys in Kupp and Lockett.  Both have Metcalf in the cpt and then:

1.  Wilson/Goff/Carson/Woods/Zuerlein

2.  Wilson/Goff/Cooks/Dissly/Zeurlein

Raging weasel said:
I have a $1 entry in showdown-Goff(Capt),Wilson,Gurly,Kupp,J Brown,Zuerlein
This was actually in the 25cent contest and cashed along with 2 others. $1 lineup had Carson at Capt and cashed for $3.

Off to a good start to the week - $2 in $5.25 out.

This was actually in the 25cent contest and cashed along with 2 others. $1 lineup had Carson at Capt and cashed for $3.

Off to a good start to the week - $2 in $5.25 out.
Nice!   I thought I was on to something with the early Metcalf TD, but he did nada after that.  

Playing with a couple gpp ideas.  I like the idea of paying up for a few WR plays, but it starts to get tight.  I just wrote this down as a construction idea:

Ryan - Mixon/Montgomery - Julio/Hopkins/M.Thomas/A.Tate - Hooper - GB.  

Scary to fade the top end RBs, so still not sure about that.  Love this game stack and that WR core though.  

HERE  is the old article from 4for4 talking about DK/dfs correlations and gpp builds.   Like I said in the FD thread, it's a couple years old, but it makes you think.  

KarmaPolice said:
Playing with a couple gpp ideas.  I like the idea of paying up for a few WR plays, but it starts to get tight.  I just wrote this down as a construction idea:

Ryan - Mixon/Montgomery - Julio/Hopkins/M.Thomas/A.Tate - Hooper - GB.  

Scary to fade the top end RBs, so still not sure about that.  Love this game stack and that WR core though.  
I also do like the Falcons/Texans stacks. I might sneak in Stills if he is active. 

KarmaPolice said:
HERE  is the old article from 4for4 talking about DK/dfs correlations and gpp builds.   Like I said in the FD thread, it's a couple years old, but it makes you think.  
thank you for posting this.  I knew most of this just from generally listening to pods and playing, but its always good to remind myself of these things.  I tend to try to get too cute at times with my lineups, and that is probably ok if I am putting in 150 of them, but when only doing a few lineups, best to stick to the proven numbers when it comes to stacking.

KarmaPolice said:
Yeah I only play ggp and my highest scoring lineups have been QB/WR1/W2/or TE1 + opposing WR1 or RB1. I like to go with 3 and 1 (or 3 and 2) from the same game. QB1/RB1 can work too especially with players like CMac or Kamara. I just prefer to have the ppr RB on the opposing side of the stack. 

Yeah I only play ggp and my highest scoring lineups have been QB/WR1/W2/or TE1 + opposing WR1 or RB1. I like to go with 3 and 1 (or 3 and 2) from the same game. QB1/RB1 can work too especially with players like CMac or Kamara. I just prefer to have the ppr RB on the opposing side of the stack. 
@TwinTurbo - do you also do other stacks in the LU, or do you just fill in with players you like?  Ie like the LU I listed above I did A.Tate/Mixon, and was considering Mixon/Fitz instead of using M.Thomas.  Stuff like that.  

thank you for posting this.  I knew most of this just from generally listening to pods and playing, but its always good to remind myself of these things.  I tend to try to get too cute at times with my lineups, and that is probably ok if I am putting in 150 of them, but when only doing a few lineups, best to stick to the proven numbers when it comes to stacking.
Like I posted in the other thread I got away from doing too much RB/Def and I need to remind myself to stack more QB/TE.  

@TwinTurbo - do you also do other stacks in the LU, or do you just fill in with players you like?  Ie like the LU I listed above I did A.Tate/Mixon, and was considering Mixon/Fitz instead of using M.Thomas.  Stuff like that.  
Yes I'll do multiple variations. Typically 20 lineups, although different games stacks. Maybe 2-3 of each. And then one contrarian lineup stack right before kickoff that has nobody that I like or didn't pick yet or was a last minute active. And as you would expect, sometimes that lineup does the best :)

Yes I'll do multiple variations. Typically 20 lineups, although different games stacks. Maybe 2-3 of each. And then one contrarian lineup stack right before kickoff that has nobody that I like or didn't pick yet or was a last minute active. And as you would expect, sometimes that lineup does the best :)
Probably TMI, but most of my best MLB LUs were "wtf" lineups as I was sitting on the can and not overthinking things.  Probably should try that a few times for NFL too.  

Here’s who I have in lineups this week:

QB: Wentz, Ryan, Chase Daniel, Flacco

RB: Cook, Kamara (favorite), CMC, Chris Thompson (several), Freeman, Henry

WR: Sutton, Fuller, Fitz (favorite), ARIII

TE: Ertz, Kittle, Hooper

Def: Titans, Bengals

I'm using a bunch of different stacks this week in quarter arcades.  

Chase Daniels/Allen Robinson/Cohen - not running it back with anything

Matty Ice/Julio/Hooper - Run it back with Nuk, Keke, or Fuller in some cases

Dalton/Boyd/Eifert (Or Mixon in some cases instead of Eifert) - Run it back with Larry Fitz or DJ (or both)

Cousins/Thielen/Cook - Run it back with Shepard or Tate

Flacco/Sutton/Fant - Run it back with Keenan or Mike Williams 

I've seen a lot of Titans Defense recommendations this week, is that because of Josh Allen possibly not playing?  Now that he is playing, other than the Panthers, what cheap defenses do people like?

I'm using a bunch of different stacks this week in quarter arcades.  

Chase Daniels/Allen Robinson/Cohen - not running it back with anything

Matty Ice/Julio/Hooper - Run it back with Nuk, Keke, or Fuller in some cases

Dalton/Boyd/Eifert (Or Mixon in some cases instead of Eifert) - Run it back with Larry Fitz or DJ (or both)

Cousins/Thielen/Cook - Run it back with Shepard or Tate

Flacco/Sutton/Fant - Run it back with Keenan or Mike Williams 

I've seen a lot of Titans Defense recommendations this week, is that because of Josh Allen possibly not playing?  Now that he is playing, other than the Panthers, what cheap defenses do people like?
Mine are the same as the ones in the FD thread - Carolina is mispriced on DK, also have GB, NYG, az, etc

Qb T. Brady

Rbs. D. Cook,, A. Kamara., E. Elliot.

Wr. A. Tate, A. Isabella, E. Sanders

Te. T. Eifert

D. Pitt

Really like Tate been getting the looks so could be in for a big day.  Isabella some one has to catch some balls beside Fitz.  Qb is interchangeable along with Sanders and top rbs.  Have a bunch of lineups with Tate.  So just need a productive day from him.  Pitt. D could have a big day, I think this week Lamar comes crashing down to earth.

Qb T. Brady

Rbs. D. Cook,, A. Kamara., E. Elliot.

Wr. A. Tate, A. Isabella, E. Sanders

Te. T. Eifert

D. Pitt

Really like Tate been getting the looks so could be in for a big day.  Isabella some one has to catch some balls beside Fitz.  Qb is interchangeable along with Sanders and top rbs.  Have a bunch of lineups with Tate.  So just need a productive day from him.  Pitt. D could have a big day, I think this week Lamar comes crashing down to earth.
A Steeler fan playing Brady?? 

sup guys, kind of a general question. For those max entering or doing tons of line-ups in certain contests, which optimizer do you use? Further, do you guys cap exposure for certain players, i.e. when to be under/overweight on certain guys?

Current cash lineup for Thur-Mon slate

Rivers

Fournette, McCaffrey, DJ

Woods, Sutton, Coutee (can always swap to Tate last minute if Kenny Stills is playing)

Kittle

Panthers

Current cash lineup for main slate

Matt Ryan

Fournette, McCaffrey, DJ

Marquise Brown, Sutton, Tate

Hooper

Panthers

My only thought I might change is going off Ryan for Rivers and off the Panthers to Steelers (saves $500), and I can make my way to Larry Fitz instead of Brown.  

I figured I’d see at least a little bit of Sony Michel with burkhead out and what should be a positive game script. Also really hard not to pencil in the pats defense every week until they don’t score a bunch. Only made one lineup so far, gpp early only, and I got weird:

dalton

michel

D johnson

boyd

julio

thomas

eifert

goedert

pats

Should be in for a big day.  When playing dfs you have to be able to separate your fandom or you'll lose.

Took me a while to learn this tip.
Pats fan here.   I have used Ben a bit, but still refused to use Eli.  He mostly sucked, so I don't think it cost me that much.  

Current cash lineup for Thur-Mon slate

Rivers

Fournette, McCaffrey, DJ

Woods, Sutton, Coutee (can always swap to Tate last minute if Kenny Stills is playing)

Kittle

Panthers

Current cash lineup for main slate

Matt Ryan

Fournette, McCaffrey, DJ

Marquise Brown, Sutton, Tate

Hooper

Panthers

My only thought I might change is going off Ryan for Rivers and off the Panthers to Steelers (saves $500), and I can make my way to Larry Fitz instead of Brown.  
I was staring at CMC/Fournette/Cook, but didn't know if it was a good move to have RBs facing off in the same game.  I guess if both catch the ball a bit.  

I figured I’d see at least a little bit of Sony Michel with burkhead out and what should be a positive game script. Also really hard not to pencil in the pats defense every week until they don’t score a bunch. Only made one lineup so far, gpp early only, and I got weird:

dalton

michel

D johnson

boyd

julio

thomas

eifert

goedert

pats
:cry:

I was hoping to avoid Michel the rest of the year.   I might use him on FD, but my first thought for DK was that White could see a few more targets or carries too.  

:cry:

I was hoping to avoid Michel the rest of the year.   I might use him on FD, but my first thought for DK was that White could see a few more targets or carries too.  
Lol, perfect for gpp then:) Vs was with colt McCoy starting Michel/pats D could be solid for cash or gpp imo. Don’t see how he gets less than 20 carries. So, you know, pencil him in for 60 yds.

Lol, perfect for gpp then:) Vs was with colt McCoy starting Michel/pats D could be solid for cash or gpp imo. Don’t see how he gets less than 20 carries. So, you know, pencil him in for 60 yds.
That's what I am afraid of, along with 3TDs that's possible.  I still can't do it on DK since they don't throw to him.  Might regret this fade...

That's what I am afraid of, along with 3TDs that's possible.  I still can't do it on DK since they don't throw to him.  Might regret this fade...
60 yards no TD's as Brandon Bolden snipes all of them away ha.  I'm throwing one of those Pat's RB stack types of lineups in right now.  

Users who are viewing this thread