What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PK Steven Gostkowski to TEN and Current #1 PK (1 Viewer)

Yes, and we need to know who they sign! 
They had several guys in for tryouts. They have not announced who they have signed as of yet. I would not rule out them having them use their punter instead.
Clearly a situation in flux.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they used their punter, but I have to imagine they sign someone 
The punter was actually ranked in the Top 5 as a placekicker coming out of high school and "only" Top 10 as a punter. But he did not attempt any XP or FG in college.

Replaced him with Slye from CAR

League rules require owners to carry 2 kickers(guess I could have done worse)

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced him with Slye from CAR

League rules require owners to carry 2 kickers(guess I could have done worse)
Not to derail the thread, but whaaa? Craziest league rule I've heard of. Is this best ball? 1PK league? How long are the benches that help/hurt your team based on this requirement.

And is it 2 kickers at all times? I would say waiting to see who they sign would be a good strategy for replacement, but Slye has been really, really good this year. Surprised that with your league requirement, he was available at all.

I have lots of questions.

Not to derail the thread, but whaaa? Craziest league rule I've heard of. Is this best ball? 1PK league? How long are the benches that help/hurt your team based on this requirement.

And is it 2 kickers at all times? I would say waiting to see who they sign would be a good strategy for replacement, but Slye has been really, really good this year. Surprised that with your league requirement, he was available at all.

My league hasn’t done this in a long while but when it first started all teams were required to roster:

2QB, 4RB, 4 WR, 2TE, 2K, 2D/ST

I always hated it but Change was/is tough in that league. We did finally change it to whatever you want to do with your 16 roster spots about 8 years ago though. Maybe some league still do this?

26th year of this stupid rule.  

Just can't seem to get the majority vote to change it.....although we have some new blood this year, might get it changed next off season

League must carry

2QB(play 1)....lost both Brees/Cam

5RB(2)

5WR(1)...we also have a flex

2TE(1)

2K(1)

2D(1)

Stupid, but it's the rule. 

Just can't seem to get the majority to vote to change it.....although we have some new blood this year, might get it changed next off season

League must carry

5RB(2)

2TE(1)

2K(1)

2D(1)

Sounds like a wannabe sports league? We played that for a long time and bailed a few years back.

It's been up for a vote maybe 10 times. 

guys get set in their ways  :shrug:
Don’t get me wrong. “Wannabe Sports” is the name of actual leagues that have very similar rules. I wasn’t saying anything derogatory there.

I think the rigid roster req's are a hangover from the 'Terry Bradshaw Fantasy Football' guidelines from the late 80's - early 90's.

I think the rigid roster req's are a hangover from the 'Terry Bradshaw Fantasy Football' guidelines from the late 80's - early 90's.
Wow taking me back aways but yes! 🤣

27 years ago my league I ran started that way (we wised up). Some teams have carried 3 QBs and multiple kickers and defenses and we like those teams. Also known as guppies. 

They should bring in the soccer chick. Or provide redemption for Cody Parkey! Either is probably better than Forbath or Ted Nugent.

Just can't seem to get the majority vote to change it.....although we have some new blood this year, might get it changed next off season

League must carry

5RB(2)

2TE(1)

2K(1)

2D(1)

do it gradualllly.... My league used to be that way....Had to draft that way as well right?.....  what we did was start small....first we  had 2 flex spots....(not flex as in  rb/wr/te  but flex as in  you can draft 2 players ar any spot)  Next was ...ok we drafted this way but how bout we open it up after the draft?  Now we can carry what we want...Last step...hasnt happened yet but last step...ok so now that we have it opened up after the draft how about doing away with the roster requirements all together? 

Yeah! If I wanna start 4 QBs, why not?! It's like that Mitch Hedberg bit. "I just bought a 2-bedroom house, but I think I get to decide how many bedrooms there are, don't you? "F you, real estate lady! This bedroom has an oven in it! This bedroom's got a lot of people sitting around watching TV. This bedroom's over in that guy's house! Sir, you have one of my bedrooms, are you aware? Don't decorate it!"
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said no, but I want a regular banana later... so, yeah.

So, where does everyone think Nugent ranks for the week?
or really, for rest of season

I gotta think he's top 5 kicker for rest of season.  I'd put him behind Butker, Zehrlein at least.  Other than that I'd think hard about replacing my kicker with him

or really, for rest of season

I gotta think he's top 5 kicker for rest of season.  I'd put him behind Butker, Zehrlein at least.  Other than that I'd think hard about replacing my kicker with him
Wk 5-9 look very favorable:   @Was,    NYG,    @NYJ    CLE     @BAL
Wk 10 BYE
Wk10-16:   @PHI,    DAL,    @HOU    KC     @CIN      BUF     MIA

He has to be a top 10 rest of season candidate with that schedule

I scooped him up.  He was a solid kicker and I like grabbing pieces of an offense that scores. Dropped Fairbarin

You could do worse, but I think it's more likely that he's cut at some point than he is a top 5 kicker ROS.

Wonder if Nugent turns out better ROS than Slye. 

Conceptually seems like he would, but Slye has been succeeding regardless of how his team does.

Yeah! If I wanna start 4 QBs, why not?! It's like that Mitch Hedberg bit. "I just bought a 2-bedroom house, but I think I get to decide how many bedrooms there are, don't you? "F you, real estate lady! This bedroom has an oven in it! This bedroom's got a lot of people sitting around watching TV. This bedroom's over in that guy's house! Sir, you have one of my bedrooms, are you aware? Don't decorate it!"
Funny but off point....I said roster requirements not lineup requirements.....  p.s. I own a house that has 6 bedrooms.  According to the real estate lady (and appraisers) we only have 3 bedrooms because there are no windows in 3 of them.  

Funny but off point....I said roster requirements not lineup requirements.....  p.s. I own a house that has 6 bedrooms.  According to the real estate lady (and appraisers) we only have 3 bedrooms because there are no windows in 3 of them.  
Most states require a bedroom to have a window or door that leads directly outside. What kind of dungeon are you operating anyway??

Users who are viewing this thread