What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (5 Viewers)

We'll not see another goal scorer like Ovechkin again. 2 tonight including the OT game winner from his office to pass Robitaille for #12 all time 

Northern Voice said:
We have our first NHL lacrosse goal - - SVECHNIKOV.

This guy is so fun to watch. Still a teenager and hits everything in sight too.
I could have sworn they banned the “Michigan goal” after Mike Legg did it.

I must have been thinking of an actual lacrosse goal that got banned — Gary Gait’s flying leap from behind the crease and dunk under the crossbar.

Capella said:
Bolts losing to a flat out bad Rangers team. Just feels weird so far this year with them. 
It's early - with this team I feel pretty sure they'll have it figured out within a couple weeks

it’s about time the rangers sat down marc staal, the human corpse.  i really can’t discern from game to game what he does.  well he’s a staal, so he cashes undeserved checks.

kodycutter said:
Nice 2-1 road win from a young (7 players 21 or younger) NYR in Nashville.  

Chytil gets his 2nd of the year.
team looks totally different plus chytil and minus marc “the human corpse” staal.

Holy f was the officiating horrendous tonight in Vegas.  
First off, there was no penalty, nor review on this

https://twitter.com/sinbinvegas/status/1190841318722789377?s=12

This was not an icing (puck is was dumped in from the WPG blue line and was behind Subban’s body past the goal line). 

https://twitter.com/ryanhockeyguy/status/1190865131485323269?s=21

Peg scored the game tying goal immediately 
Some gifs inside this article 

http://sinbin.vegas/ref-you-suck-subpar-officiating-hurting-nhls-image-integrity/

Could something be happening with Canucks here? Good start, and Markstrom looks like he might be one of top goaltenders in the league.

Could something be happening with Canucks here? Good start, and Markstrom looks like he might be one of top goaltenders in the league.
he's good but he's not even the best goalie on rooster and is UFA after this season.  they should be trading him asap, plenty of teams that would pay up to get and sign him.

he's good but he's not even the best goalie on rooster and is UFA after this season.  they should be trading him asap, plenty of teams that would pay up to get and sign him.
Demko?  With 15 total games and 23 yo, it seems a little premature to declare him the best goalie on the team.

In the Trotz era the Isles are 48-2-2 when they score 3 goals or more.

They are set on defense and goaltending for the next 5+ years.

They are one more shooter/goal scorer to pair with Barzal to really make some noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

They are one more shooter/goal scorer to pair with Barzal to really make some noise.
I heard someone call the Isle the anti-sharks.

Evander Kane took out a $500k marker at the Cosmopolitan during the playoff series vs VGK. He has yet to pay that back. The Cosmo is now suing Kane. You hate to see it. 

=Smackdown= said:

their possession numbers are garbage and their xGF% is just below 50%.  highest PDO in the league too.  may want to hold up on that parade route just a bit.

Rangers being outshot 22-7 after 1 in Carolina.  Henrik looking sharp.

Lead 1-0 on a late goal from Panarin.

Marc Staal playing, Brady Skjei sitting.

Wings get Fabbri from the Blues for Jacob De La Rose?  I'll take that any day of the week.
I hope he can turn it around for you guys. I don’t think he really got a fair shake to come back from injury here, but his defense was awful and that just doesn’t fly for our franchise. I thought he looked a lot like his old self this season, just wasn’t getting the results on the scoresheet. Gotta think that will come around for him. 

team looks totally different plus chytil and minus marc “the human corpse” staal.
Staal underwent a surgical procedure on his ankle.   To be re-evaluated in two weeks.

Mika to probably to miss his 6th straight game on Sunday from that reverse hit, a legal one, from Bergeron.     

Rangers play in Boston at the end of the Month.

Was wondering why I got a final score alert at 4:30 yesterday for the Lightning, found out they were in Stockholm. Shows how little I pay attention.

Lightning earn a Stockholm Sweep this afternoon, finally looking like the team they were in the regular season last year. Here's hoping they keep it going all the way through June.

Side note: it's pretty cool that they played both team's respective goal horns when they scored, even though it was technically a "home and home" set there. Since it's a neutral site, that makes the most sense to me to do.

Users who are viewing this thread