What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

Jets games gonna be great for overs this year.  They roll out line after line of great offensive players and don't have much in the back.  Every time they got their 1 or 2 line against the Rangers 3 or 4 line, it was basically all Jets.  And I guess I never realized how big each of these guys were.  Lowry, Laine, Schiefele, Wheeler, all these guys are monsters.

Rangers actually have some decent lines.  I think they could do themselves a favor and tweak their lines, but only 1 game so whatever.  Not sure Strome is even NHL caliber let alone the #2 center.  And Rangers have 7 defenseman on the team, yet they sit one and put another on offense.  Trouba gonna play like 30+ minutes a game.

Did like what I saw out of Fox and Kakko though.  Didn't like what I saw out of Skjei, Smith, De'Angelo (too many give aways) Strome.  Hate what their doing with Andersson, but Lemieux, Howden and Namestinkov were good.  3 games in the first 17 days though, wtf made this schedule.

:bag:   I had no idea the Flyers were overseas.   I was lie why the hell is their opener at 2pm :bag:

Not the prettiest hockey but entertaining game in Prague. DeBrincat scores with 12 seconds left in 2nd to cut it to 3-2 Flyers. Both goalies have made big saves.

Taryn Hatcher :wub:
I literally saw her career launch. She started as a student at Rutgers as sort of the sideline reporter for the athletic dept, and I remember seeing her first clip when she interviewed the football coach at the start of camp. Knew immediately she was destined for big things. 

Sideshow Bob said:
Gotta think Schenn pushes Petro out the door end of season, if not sooner.
I disagree. If Pietro moves on it will be because he wants to hit UFA and make as much money as he can. I think Army will offer him a fair contract with a very long term to keep the cap hit as low as possible. 

The Blues are gonna really suck in 4 years with all these contracts but for now it will be fun. 

If you are looking for a defensive battle steer clear of HNIC - already 1-1 - 11 shots about 7 minutes in.

Matthews scores his 4th

Cody Ceci is going to be the Leaf fans punching bag.

Noticed Sabres wearing white at home - did they change up color rules again? Cause Leafs are wearing blue at home.

ETA - whatever the color - time to break them up. Leading Devils 3-1 early in second

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

pp goal, regular strength goal, sh goal hat trick baby

Mikko Rantanen starts the scoring for the Avs v Wild - his 3rd of the season. Obviously training camp and preseason games are overrated.

Noticed Sabres wearing white at home - did they change up color rules again? Cause Leafs are wearing blue at home.

ETA - whatever the color - time to break them up. Leading Devils 3-1 early in second
Their 50th anniversary alternate jerseys, with the gold emblem.

As long as a team has only one "alternate" set, they can designate them for 10-15 games during the season (so I guess it doesn't matter if they're white or dark).

Crazy game in Toronto - up 4-1 Toronto gives up 4 straight and a miracle by Matthews sends it to OT. Habs with a PP in OT fail to convert and Tavares comes out of box on breakaway and is robbed by Price

Starting shootout

Price throws up a brick wall and Habs take 2 points

A Cale Makar blast from the point hits Kadri in the leg/ankle - he struggled back to bench and went to locker room

Kadri back after intermission.  Colorado moves to 2-0 on the season.  

Like having four games at home to start with 5 of our defenseman being under 25 and two playing their first regular season games.  Gives them the opportunity to get used to the speed in a friendly environment.

Oh, and rantanan obviously doesn't need preseason.

Those are new alternates. Broke them out for the home opener. 

Sabres going 82-0 I guess. 

Mantha with 4 goals including the go ahead with :53 seconds left v Stars

Wings and Sabres on collision course to the ECF

That was the worst I’ve seen the Bolts look in forever. Stamkos calling the team out after the game. Not the ideal start. 

Them again last regular season was all roses and sunshine so maybe get your teeth kicked in now? 

Them again last regular season was all roses and sunshine so maybe get your teeth kicked in now? 
Usually you might try to build your team like the last one to win a championship but signing our spare parts and doing the losing thing seems a little excessive. 

Really love this play your first game in Prague and then not again for a week. NHL execs...so smart.

@JoshYohe_PGH: Geno Malkin and Nick Bjugstad are out long term. Malkin will be out longer than Bjugstad.

Users who are viewing this thread