What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (7 Viewers)

rascal said:
Columbus got screwed and Toronto should be embarrassed.  I expect nothing to happen.
I didnt see what happened, but seen Torts presser. It's one for ages, and the upcoming fine could be a record breaker.

falguy said:
Wide open world junior tourney this year. Good to see. (🇨🇦 shellacked by Russia not so much. )
not sure how USA didn't come out of the 1st against the Czechs up several goals but this game has been good since.  fantastic 3rd, crowd is going nuts

🇨🇦 better show up ready to play today.  Lose and they play Sweden next. Win, and it's Slovakia.  Not sure what to make of this team. They need to start gelling soon or could be a repeat of last year. 

The Lightning forget to show up for the first half of the game, finally arrive and storm(heh heh) back from a 4-1 deficit to win 6-4, and end 2019 on a high note.

🇨🇦 better show up ready to play today.  Lose and they play Sweden next. Win, and it's Slovakia.  Not sure what to make of this team. They need to start gelling soon or could be a repeat of last year. 
they looked good in the 1st. urgency was there, really nice PP on the major. have to think Lafreniere is back for at least the semis and they will cruise on Slovakia regardless.  USA gets the toughest quarters with Finland.

they looked good in the 1st. urgency was there, really nice PP on the major. have to think Lafreniere is back for at least the semis and they will cruise on Slovakia regardless.  USA gets the toughest quarters with 
Pp was excellent.  Got a break on the 5th goal after the Czechs made a game of it. Still seem to give up.lots of 5 on 5 chances but on the upswing. Slovacs should be pretty easy but you never know I guess. USA definitely got a tough draw. I haven't watched Finland but heard they were a bit weaker this year. Some day I'm going to go to Europe and watch this thing. Looks like a total blast. Maybe sweden in 2 years.  😁

Hey @ffldrew ... guess where I am this weekend?

Sitting with the UMass team at the Avs game tonight, then a big doubleheader tomorrow and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing a couple of good games in Magness.

The Lightning are on a winning streak, beating Ottawa tonight on a comeback effort after being down entering the 3rd. They're starting to play great hockey, and they're moving up the standings.

Montreal just finished losing 25 games in a row or something like that and they're still ahead of Toronto in the standings :bag:
Habs on a 5 game losing streak and 3-6-1 in their last 10. As far as the Leafs, this post did not age well...thankfully.

That was the scrap where Milbury came out of the dressing room to beat up a fan with his own shoe. I was alive for this game but only recall it for two reasons -- 1) They used it to chide Milbury when as an analyst he wanted all fighting banned from hockey, and 2) I remember them using this game as a comparative yardstick when the Malice at the Palace happened -- IIRC, all the players who went over the boards in the Garden got fined $500 apiece (~$1.5 -2K in 2004 dollars) while the salaries lost in suspension for the Pacers ranged from $50K to $5M.

I know this is an NHL thread, but given the call-outs I see to the World Juniors, jumping in to say go Canada! Lafreniere is doing his thing to cement a likely #1 draft selection, but so much fantastic talent across all teams. Great to see future NHL talent shining bright now.

That was the scrap where Milbury came out of the dressing room to beat up a fan with his own shoe. I was alive for this game but only recall it for two reasons -- 1) They used it to chide Milbury when as an analyst he wanted all fighting banned from hockey, and 2) I remember them using this game as a comparative yardstick when the Malice at the Palace happened -- IIRC, all the players who went over the boards in the Garden got fined $500 apiece (~$1.5 -2K in 2004 dollars) while the salaries lost in suspension for the Pacers ranged from $50K to $5M.
I was showing the video to some people at a bar yesterday. I was 11 when I watched it live, but I was reminded of it yesterday while in Denver and saw Peter McNab on the Avs pregame show.

If you knew anything about the late ‘70s Bruins, they obviously had some madmen on that team — 70s hockey was quite a trip. But McNab was so tame ... never had more than 20 or so PIM a season his entire career. To see him go into the stands like that was so out of character for him, but hysterical that everyone remembers Milbury when it was McNab that chased the guy down and held him down while Milbury ripped off his shoe.

Canada with the gold in WJC -- great gritty performance to come back on Russia 3-1 to tie, then a lucky poke to get the puck in front of the defense to score the go-ahead.

Feel for Russia as it looked as if they got hosed when a 2 min penalty for interference when Canada flipped the puck over the glass trying to clear on a PK and the puck hit the camera and penalty was removed. Then Khovanov, I believe, picked up a penalty when he instinctively tried to poke at the puck just as his stick broke. Both opportunities could have given Russia a great chance to tie it up.

Great end to a great series.

Lightning with their 7th straight win, this one a 3-1 win over the Hurricanes. As an added bonus, they kept Svechnikov from pulling off a lacrosse style goal, showing why gimmicks aren't effective long term.

New York Rangers
@NYRangers
·
OFFICIAL: Rangers recall goaltender Igor Shesterkin from @WolfPackAHL.

Shesterkin has appeared in 23 games with the Wolf Pack this season, posting a 15-4-3 record, along with a 1.93 GAA, a .932 SV%, and 3 SO. He has been selected to play in the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic, as he leads the AHL in GAA, and ranks second in wins and SV% in 2019-20. 

Shesterkin will start Tuesday night vs Avs

Excited to watch Igor tonight. 

John Hynes getting the job in Nashville. Wasn’t he a complete disaster in NJ?

I cant decide if Sunday was an awesome comeback by the Caps or a complete breakdown by the Sharks

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see McDavid skate circles around {Insert_Name_of_Any_Hab_Defenseman} tonight.  :excited:  

Not in person, unfortunately

NYR Update: Igor starting, officially. Lindgren in, officially. DQ said they will talk after the game about a plan for Hajek, who is close to returning.

i wonder if there is a market for marc staal’s corpse and boy georgiev.
There is not. Plus, he has a NTC. 

I wont slam it too much, bc at the time it seemed great. but trading for Trouba and then signing him long term was a mistake. It will now hamper them when its time to sign the young kids. 

The best they can hope for is a first for Krieder in a stud draft and then maybe they can package Georgie and Lias for a second and a prospect. 

I would keep Stromer

There is not. Plus, he has a NTC. 

I wont slam it too much, bc at the time it seemed great. but trading for Trouba and then signing him long term was a mistake. It will now hamper them when its time to sign the young kids. 

The best they can hope for is a first for Krieder in a stud draft and then maybe they can package Georgie and Lias for a second and a prospect. 

I would keep Stromer
i like trouba, but the rangers seem deep at D, especially with miller coming soon.  that said, they didn’t trust d’angelo, though his draft pedigree suggested otherwise.  they coulda gone cheap at d and used trouba’s money on top 6.  like real top 6, not phony kreider top 6.  lias has no value.  

Both the Bolts andb Taranna coming up hard...  Might wake the Bruins out of their funk - we'll see

Side note, anyone see the photos of Pasta's mom throwing her hat on the ice after scored his latest hatty?  Pretty funny, gotta be a fun moment as a parent

Chemical X said:
i like trouba, but the rangers seem deep at D, especially with miller coming soon.  that said, they didn’t trust d’angelo, though his draft pedigree suggested otherwise.  they coulda gone cheap at d and used trouba’s money on top 6.  like real top 6, not phony kreider top 6.  lias has no value.  
5pt night,  last Ranger defenseman to get a hat trick in the regular season was 38 years ago (Reijo Routsalanein).   I was surprised Leetch never got one in regular season, he did get one in the playoffs in 95'

Rangers up 5-1 on the Islanders in the 3rd.    Panarin 2G 3A,   this guy is amazing.   Most talented guy they've had since Jagr.

Users who are viewing this thread