Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ItsOnlytheRiver

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread - Updated with headshots of every player

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Adam Fox is going to be a hell of a player.

Waiting for him to give all the credit to this random dude from the internet who gave him pointers on the flight to Buffalo last spring before the Frozen Four, and allowed him to capture the spirit of the thing.

(* Note: Parts of this newspaper account might not be factually correct.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, falguy said:

Interestingly Grapes had an interview today with CBC (I believe ) and said he wasn't given the option to come on and apologize and if he would have he would say I'm sorry.

Seems to me they gave maclean that chance so maybe they got the opportunity they were looking for to relieve him and took it.

had they not canned him it would have been fantastic watching how much more uncomfortable MacLean would be during this week's coach's corner, if that is even possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

If he "people should wear poppies and support the military" he'd still be on the air. For the record I don't think this particular thing he said was that outrageous by his own standards of sitting on his pulpit and punching down but it's been years and years coming and with all he's said over the years, he lost the benefit of the doubt decades ago. 

it's funny that this is what finally got him axed.  I feel like he says something that makes headlines like this at least a couple times per year. 

now can we do some real hockey societal good and get the pitchforks out on Millbury?  I'm positive he hit an immigrant with a shoe or something at some point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Kappo Kakko is kind of good eh?

Adam Fox is already the Rangers No 1 defensemen

Which is awesome since they just shelled out 8 million a year for Trouba who has sucked. Could have saved that money for Kreider

It will be interesting to see where Kreider ends up

And what the heck is going on with Lias Anderson. If you cant beat out Brett Howden for 3rd line Center, you pretty much are done in the organization. His trade value is zero right now. Waste of the 7th overall pick. How is Casey Middlestat doing. Should have taken him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

How is Casey Middlestat doing. Should have taken him

not great.  this is why you don't stay in high school for your senior year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AcerFC said:

Which is awesome since they just shelled out 8 million a year for Trouba who has sucked. Could have saved that money for Kreider

Trouba will be fine but Pionk has actually been really good playing big minutes in Winnipeg. Even analytics like him this year and he's playing over 20 minutes a night, with 11 points already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

not great.  this is why you don't stay in high school for your senior year.

That whole Andersson-Mittlestadt-Rasmussen-Tippett-Villardi run of the draft is struggling to do much. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

That whole Andersson-Mittlestadt-Rasmussen-Tippett-Villardi run of the draft is struggling to do much. 

it's still really early though.  I don't think Andersson was ever expected to be much of a scorer and was probably a bit of a reach there.  Rasmussen and Tippett seem on track.  Vilardi can't stay healthy.  I think Mittlestadt eventually turns the corner with his skill but he was way too weak and not enough development before he was thrown into the league.  slow start was bound to happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

it's still really early though.  I don't think Andersson was ever expected to be much of a scorer and was probably a bit of a reach there.  Rasmussen and Tippett seem on track.  Vilardi can't stay healthy.  I think Mittlestadt eventually turns the corner with his skill but he was way too weak and not enough development before he was thrown into the league.  slow start was bound to happen.

Yeah, I guess the AHL numbers are ok for most of these guys. Tippett nearly made the Panthers two years ago and then didn't even sniff the roster the past two training camps and left pretty much everyone wanting more. I feel like it's a similar story with Rasmussen who hasn't really progressed as well as hoped and now is back in the AHL after being mostly an NHL regular last year. 

Mittlestadt is the only one who seems like a likely top 6 NHLer for an extended period of time to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

Yeah, I guess the AHL numbers are ok for most of these guys. Tippett nearly made the Panthers two years ago and then didn't even sniff the roster the past two training camps and left pretty much everyone wanting more. I feel like it's a similar story with Rasmussen who hasn't really progressed as well as hoped and now is back in the AHL after being mostly an NHL regular last year. 

Mittlestadt is the only one who seems like a likely top 6 NHLer for an extended period of time to me. 

Rasmussen types usually take longer and I thought he had a pretty good showing last year.  I thought he seemed ahead of schedule since he was thought of to be pretty raw during draft year :shrug:

at some point they have to just send Mittlestadt down and let him get 20 min a night and be the guy for a while.  not sure he's ever going to figure it out getting 12 min a night in a secondary role with the big club.  probably should have already been done last year.  he's an outstanding talent but he made a difficult jump and clearly needs more work against pros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casey hasn't been that bad this year. Cozens probably overtakes him at some point though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

it's still really early though.  I don't think Andersson was ever expected to be much of a scorer and was probably a bit of a reach there.  Rasmussen and Tippett seem on track.  Vilardi can't stay healthy.  I think Mittlestadt eventually turns the corner with his skill but he was way too weak and not enough development before he was thrown into the league.  slow start was bound to happen.

anderson at 7 is DOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AcerFC said:

And what the heck is going on with Lias Anderson. If you cant beat out Brett Howden for 3rd line Center, you pretty much are done in the organization. His trade value is zero right now. Waste of the 7th overall pick. How is Casey Middlestat doing. Should have taken him

Rumor has it Detroit had their eye on him at 9 before settling for Rasmussen. I wonder if Ken Holland would still be interested. Supposedly the Rangers are interested in Puljujarvi.

Edited by Inspiration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T.J. Brodie collapsed and had a seizure on the ice at Flames practice this afternoon. He was alert and responsive when they took him to the hospital. Hope he's okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tampa is out to a lightning(heh heh) fast start against the Rangers at home, 4 goals in the first 8 minutes. Let's see if they can keep playing well all game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Capella said:

Guess the Bolts may be done ####ing around. 

I would say so. 5 PP goals, chasing both the starter and backup(Georgiev came back for the 3rd), they had a great trip to Sweden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

excellent edition of Ron MacLean’s Feelings Corner tonight :thumbup:

Pretty much the most inspirational thing on tonight's HNiC broadcast.

Certainly no inspiration coming from the Leafs.

This season really hurts. 

Edited by Stompin' Tom Connors
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Pretty much the most inspirational thing on tonight's HNiC broadcast.

Certainly no inspiration coming from the Leafs.

This season really hurts. 

Time to fire Babcock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#### you NHL.  There is no excuse why the whistle wasn't blown with calvert on the ice bleeding from his head.  They obviously care about player safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another game where the Bolts have on their black jerseys, another L. Seriously, either go back to the black "Bolts" jerseys, or come up with something else. Those things are not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kal El said:

Another game where the Bolts have on their black jerseys, another L. Seriously, either go back to the black "Bolts" jerseys, or come up with something else. Those things are not good.

I love the black jerseys. Think they look great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

I love the black jerseys. Think they look great. 

The silver gradient doesn't do anything for me, plus black jerseys are way overdone. Pretty much everyone has one now. Personally, I'd like to see a dark gray sweater with blue lettering with a white border to make it stand out. That might be just me, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

Canes eeking out OT wins against Rude and Brasky in back games.  Not too shabby.  ;)

Ducks blow lead vs Brasky  a few weeks ago.   Had to check into rehab and just got out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Time to fire Babcock?

Leafs fans have been calling for this for weeks, if not starting after last year's RD 1 playoff exit.

His style simply doesn't mesh with the players' talent and skill set, and he's unable to make adjustments.

I think if they drop a game or two on this road trip, starting with the LVK Tuesday, we'll see it happen.

Who will replace him, I have no idea - Keefe from the Marlies is an obvious choice, but we may want to go with a more proven coach that can leverage the team skill. Who that is, no idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

 

Who will replace him, I have no idea - Keefe from the Marlies is an obvious choice, but we may want to go with a more proven coach that can leverage the team skill. Who that is, no idea.

Keefe is a no brainer IMO. He's shown for like ten years now between Sault Ste Marie and the Marlies that he can consistently win with the type of team Dubas builds. 

I know there is talk it would be a difficult situation to put him into but he's been groomed for it for years. The presence of Keefe is the main reason why I'd be okay with firing Babcock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IC FBGCav said:

Canes eeking out OT wins against Rude and Brasky in back games.  Not too shabby.  ;)

try to do it in regulation next time TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

try to do it in regulation next time TIA

You are in the west, doesn't matter.  Plus Canes have talent but goalies not as good as last year.  Amazing what prove it contracts can do.  Plus Jake is our Victor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IC FBGCav said:

You are in the west, doesn't matter.  Plus Canes have talent but goalies not as good as last year.  Amazing what prove it contracts can do.  Plus Jake is our Victor.

loser points matter.  a lot. 

again, do better next time and don't blow two goal leads.  please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't express how much I am enjoying the leafs struggles so far this year. Reading HF is very entertaining. 

One thing I dont really understand is the hate for nylander. Seems to me he's doing what is expected.  The games I've seen he's been good to great. One of their better forwards almost every night. Just a scapegoat? I know he's got flaws but so does Mathews.  Their D is atrocious. And I know atrocious, I watch the Habs. 🙂 

It's enjoyable regardless. Hoping the circus continues but still feel they get on a roll at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill Brasky said:

loser points matter.  a lot. 

again, do better next time and don't blow two goal leads.  please.

Chet on deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, falguy said:

Can't express how much I am enjoying the leafs struggles so far this year. Reading HF is very entertaining. 

One thing I dont really understand is the hate for nylander. Seems to me he's doing what is expected.  The games I've seen he's been good to great. One of their better forwards almost every night. Just a scapegoat? I know he's got flaws but so does Mathews.  Their D is atrocious. And I know atrocious, I watch the Habs. 🙂 

It's enjoyable regardless. Hoping the circus continues but still feel they get on a roll at some point.

not sure what happened to Tyson Barrie but he's been pretty terrible. they also need a better #2 goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

not sure what happened to Tyson Barrie but he's been pretty terrible. they also need a better #2 goalie.

For starters, he isn't a good defender.  Use him on pp, offensive draws, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rascal said:

For starters, he isn't a good defender.  Use him on pp, offensive draws, etc.  

He’s not good offensively right now either. 
 

last year: .76 pts/game

this year: .27 pts/game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who can guess the suspension for this loogie?

 

Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) Tweeted:
Garnet Hathaway gets a match penalty for spitting in Erik Gudbranson’s face https://t.co/KfjjkBMtVC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

He’s not good offensively right now either. 
 

last year: .76 pts/game

this year: .27 pts/game

I'd think maybe use him more on the pp but I'm no Babcock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

He’s not good offensively right now either. 
 

last year: .76 pts/game

this year: .27 pts/game

A ton of his points came on the PP. Which he ain't seeing these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, E Street Brat said:

A ton of his points came on the PP. Which he ain't seeing these days 

averaging 2:10/game on the PP.

Morgan Rielly is only averaging 3:25/game there this year.

sure, his time is down from 4:03/game last year in Colorado but Toronto also has 3 of the best forwards in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.