What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Campbell has played well this year even with the crap defense the Kings put out in front of him.  Per the stats he was outplaying Quick but that wasn't really the case.  Kings games have been very odd in that they haven't been giving up a lot of shots when Quick is in net but the shots they do give up are grade A scoring chances where the goalie has no shot at making the save unless he is standing on his head (which Quick still does at times). 

As far as Campbell the Kings defense seemed to do a bit better on the grade A chances when he was in net and he played solidly.  He isn't going to win you any games by standing on his head but he will make the saves he is supposed to make and every once in a while one he isn't supposed to make.  I am happy for him he gets a chance to play in some meaningful games as he has deserved the chance.  I think he will help you down the stretch. 

ETA:  A quick story on Clifford.  We had the chance to watch pre-game from the penalty box a couple times.  One of the times my son (about 9 yrs old at the time) was watching intently with his face close to the glass.  Clifford saw him and lifted a puck at the glass in his general area.  It scared the crap out of my son and then he started laughing.  Clifford started laughing at his reaction and came over and gave him the puck he shot at the glass.  The puck ended up having a chunk out of it so it was easy to tell which puck it was.  Later that year we were at a Kings pregame skate at their training facility.  My son brought the puck and we were lucky enough to see Clifford after practice.  He stopped for a picture and to sign the puck.  He is a great guy. 
Thanks gb.

From what I've seen so far Campbell is a pristine selfless individual -- we asked tons of him throwing him immediately into the fire on a back-to-back, and he played really admirably, even taking it on himself in the Toronto media when it was really the team in front of him who left him out to dry.

Love what I see, he seems really engaged and communicative on ice, and has been stand-up in goal.

Great story about Clifford -- have always liked his style of play and brings that sand this team so desperately needs.

saw a crazy stat where igor has won 101 of his last 126 starts.  khl, ahl, nhl.
If they can finally convince Hank to waive his NTC, he has to have some value somewhere at $4.25MM for this year and next if NYR retains 50%. Am I way off?

If they can finally convince Hank to waive his NTC, he has to have some value somewhere at $4.25MM for this year and next if NYR retains 50%. Am I way off?
I saw a rumor about a buyout after this season.  I think they want him to finish a ranger, but i'm ok if he tries to win a cup and fails.

will be interesting to see if Zucker finds chemistry with Sid, his best year when he hit 30 was skating all year with Granlund feeding him.  could be dangerous.  really good skater, uses his speed well, shoot first player and a decent shot, but just okay hands and pretty frustrating on the finish for how many chances he gets and generates.  bargain at $5.5 mil though.
Pens tried to trade Kessel for Zucker. This seems like a much better return for the Wild given their current situation.

A Blues player just collapsed on the ice.  Appears to be very serious

7:50 left in 1st.  Players have been sent to locker rooms

Appears to be Jay B.

OMG... they just showed him passing out on the bench and Blues players waving frantically for help, which arrived very quickly

12 minutes later.  no news from anyone

They just replayed his entire last shift...  nothing. normal shift.  Gets to the bench, sits down and collapses.

20 minutes later... alert and on way to hospital

Game has been postponed to a later date

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope Bouwmeester is all right, that looked scary.

I was thinking that it is pretty unique to call off a game on account of one player, but then remembered the Malarchuk incident -- I think they stopped the game until word came back that he was going to be fine. Which also was different from Zednik's similar injury, where the game was only stopped long enough for the zamboni's to get rid of the blood.

I was thinking that it is pretty unique to call off a game on account of one player, but then remembered the Malarchuk incident -- I think they stopped the game until word came back that he was going to be fine. Which also was different from Zednik's similar injury, where the game was only stopped long enough for the zamboni's to get rid of the blood.
I was watching the Ducks feed when it happened.   Brian Heyward (and Pang) were between the benches.   Heyward was clearly shaken as he was giving updates.  Reported pretty fast that the game was going to be the Blues call.  Right before signing off, he mentioned that Blues players immediately said they didn't want to play because they were so shaken up.

Hope Jay B recovers quickly and is doing OK.

We are flying in for the game Thursday.

Pens tried to trade Kessel for Zucker. This seems like a much better return for the Wild given their current situation.
the offers that went public were the Domi/Fischer (plus Nino) deal with Arizona (Arizona passed), Kessel (blocked by Kessel), and Frolik/1st (clerical error?).  who knows how many others that didn't, Fenton was trying to move him for a full season/offseason.  considering the context that he never had a deal go through, Zucker now has a 10 team no trade that kicked in, and he's having an okay/nowhere near career year, the deal looks pretty good IMO.

Kreider is a contact year genius.  Rangers have to be thinking about resigning him at this point.
If he wants to get the standard big time FA contract, they cant do it. If he liked living in NY and goes 6 years under 7, they can probably make it work with some buyouts. I think every fan would love to see Krieder resigned. The guy is a physical specimen. He wont break down in 6 years. It will really be up to him and I wouldnt blame him if he wants a payday. 

Tony Dangelo will get a huge pay increase. Cant keep him either. 

I wish they hadnt rushed to give Trouba the massive contract. They dont need him. 

With Staal and Henrik being on books for one more year, it will be very interesting to see how things shake out. Not to mention that Brendan Smith is no longer playing and his contract is a huge hinderance as well. 

Rich Peverley incident is much more recent. Game was postponed.

https://www.nhl.com/news/dallas-stars-centre-rich-peverley-collapses-on-bench-during-game-game-postponed/c-708811

If he wants to get the standard big time FA contract, they cant do it. If he liked living in NY and goes 6 years under 7, they can probably make it work with some buyouts. I think every fan would love to see Krieder resigned. The guy is a physical specimen. He wont break down in 6 years. It will really be up to him and I wouldnt blame him if he wants a payday. 

I wish they hadnt rushed to give Trouba the massive contract. They dont need him. 

With Staal and Henrik being on books for one more year, it will be very interesting to see how things shake out. Not to mention that Brendan Smith is no longer playing and his contract is a huge hinderance as well. 
Pretty much agree with all of this.  If Kreider wants to stay, I think he's going to need to take a bit of a home town discount. Would I if i were him?  Not after this season, hell no.  But I'll probably shed a small tear when he leaves because he's been terrific - totally can take over when he wants to.

I don't think you can fault them for going after and signing Trouba to that contract though. They paid a pretty steep price to get him, you have to keep him so obviously he was their main target.  Dude hasn't even turned 26 yet and will be a main stay for years to come.  Solid enough if not spectacular.  And there is no way in hell anyone could have predicted the efforts you are getting from Fox and Lindgren (even Hajek was pretty decent enough when healthy).  I think Fox, Lindgren and Igor are the three untouchables for this team right now, imho.

Rangers really need to trade Kreider to maximize return here.  They are not going to make the playoffs this year, but should be in decent position for years to come.

If I'm the Rangers, I think of jettisoning Tony D as well.  He's a lot of fun to watch play, but I think he's another player that has some good trade value.  

IF the Rangers buy out Hank, and they can figure out a way to get rid of Smith in expansion draft with sweetner or something that would really set them up great for another big free agent signing as well.  Panarin's worked out pretty fantastically.

And hey, Lias Andersson is tuning up his game in Sweden for a big NHL return :mellow:

@RealKyper: Sources say Shea Weber injury has his season likely over and his future in question. Told injury is related to foot that was surgically repaired in 2018. While waiting for swelling to alleviate and further confirmation, surgery seemed unavoidable going into this week. @nhl #weber

he only has 6 more years left on his contract.

@RealKyper: Sources say Shea Weber injury has his season likely over and his future in question. Told injury is related to foot that was surgically repaired in 2018. While waiting for swelling to alleviate and further confirmation, surgery seemed unavoidable going into this week. @nhl #weber

:wall:

if it's a long-term injury, that seems a lot better for the team and their cap status than if his performance just fell off a cliff like Subban's did.

Montreal has had lots of cap space.  They need players. Good ones.  They have precious few.
right, but in terms of the last few years of his contract when he'll probably become a shell of his former self, it's better to be out injured or retired than hanging on as long as he can.

right, but in terms of the last few years of his contract when he'll probably become a shell of his former self, it's better to be out injured or retired than hanging on as long as he can.
Agreed. Wish he could have waited two years to bugger it up again. 😀

That said i think we - habs fans - may be getting far ahead of ourselves with the career ending stuff. Hopefully, anyway. 

Any updates on Bouwmeester?

As an aside, any time a player is defibbed, especially in the bench area, I think a cancellation is a no brainer

AcerFC said:

deal kreider, if you want to sign him as a UFA, then pull an aroldis chapman.  i don’t think he ages well.

now who won the Weber/Subban trade?  changes every few months now, hard to keep up

Kings with 5 goals......that is as much as their last 4 games combined.  Shocking turn of events.  Plus Wagner scored on a breakaway.  I think that is a first this year.  He gets like 2 a game but cannot ever put it in the net.....

Users who are viewing this thread