What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (2 Viewers)

@GeorgeRichards: Seems fair to say every team in the league knows A) Sergei Bobrovsky is going to give up rebounds and B) the #FlaPanthers aren’t going to get to them like Columbus did. Opposing teams have been cleaning up around the net.

Man, how come nobody told me that Ovechkin was closing on 700 goals.  You'd think NBCSN and NHLN would be mentioning that every 5 minutes.

Oh wait.

Took grand daughter to her first Ducks game, for her 5th birthday.   Pretty awesome until they dropped the puck. lol.   Ducks gave her an autographed picture of her favorite player, John Gibson.   We then went down to warm ups and she held the picture up against the glass.  At the end of warm ups, Gibson flipped a puck up to her.   Cameraman right there and put her on jumbotron for like 20 seconds.   

The Lightning just beat the Oil with a preseason squad and Vasi stood on his head again.
@frank_seravalli: #bolts win their 9th straight, a Sat win over #flyers away from second 10-game winning streak in 2020. TBL are 21-2-1 since Dec. 23. 🔥

No injury so $5000 fine. 

:chara:
@JimTothSports: @TSNBobMcKenzie tells us #Oilers Zach Kassian will have an in person hearing with #NHL Player Safety. Tells us to let you know as he is currently driving whilst joining us and can't tweet. 
It means they could suspend him 6 games or more.

Kicking is reckless and incredibly dangerous. Kassian is an idiot. Deserves a suspension. 

Regarding chara I think hes lucky that Gallagher wasn't hurt. it was pretty dangerous as well and 5k fine is a joke. 

anything goes in the shootout now I guess.  Hartman pushed in overturn iffy as well.  rough night for Wild reviews
Our house thought it would be overturned for sure

But honestly, Boudreu deserved to be fired for not having Zuuc in the top 2 of a shootout anyway

yeah that's wild and Wild too.
Makes no sense to me. Guerin trades Zucker for futures, which would indicate he doesn't care about this year and is looking ahead. And I think that makes sense. Team sucks. But then apparently the reason Guerin has given for firing Boudreau is that Guerin thinks the Wild have a shot at the playoffs this year and he wants that to happen. Never mind the Wild are like 7-3-1 in their last 11. I don't get it.

Any chance Guerin makes a move for his former coach Bylsma?
Reports are he's not hiring anyone till the offseason. Evason is the interim. Reports are also that Doug Weight could be the guy. Gallant another option - but they don't think he'll come to Minnesota. I wouldn't. Parise/Suter/Zuccarello are giant anchors impossible to overcome for years.

Reports are he's not hiring anyone till the offseason. Evason is the interim. Reports are also that Doug Weight could be the guy. Gallant another option - but they don't think he'll come to Minnesota. I wouldn't. Parise/Suter/Zuccarello are giant anchors impossible to overcome for years.
Coach #4 now for Parise/Suter. Cancers.

Parise leads the team in goals and Suter having a career year in PPG as 35 year olds.  seems pretty harsh.
It is widely known that they are a big issue in the locker room. They run the organization - to the detriment of many coaches and younger players. And Leipold lets them.

Makes no sense to me. Guerin trades Zucker for futures, which would indicate he doesn't care about this year and is looking ahead. And I think that makes sense. Team sucks. But then apparently the reason Guerin has given for firing Boudreau is that Guerin thinks the Wild have a shot at the playoffs this year and he wants that to happen. Never mind the Wild are like 7-3-1 in their last 11. I don't get it.
timing is weird.  I don't agree with the move.  but it was always likely to happen at some point.  every GM is going to bring in their guy, it's inevitable.  only reason it didn't happen last year is Leipold blocked it, and it was reported Fenton tried multiple times.

It is widely known that they are a big issue in the locker room. They run the organization - to the detriment of many coaches and younger players. And Leipold lets them.
I was referring to two guys definitely performing up to their contracts in their mid 30s being called "anchors" seems a bit harsh even though the drop-off will come eventually.  I've done it at times too but these guys get scapegoated so much it's ridiculous.  plenty of rumblings about locker room issues and I've never liked how much control Suter has in his usage, but I think the perception is way overblown since there are going to be fractures in nearly every locker room when the pressure is high and you fail.  not sure why these guys should have to apologize for signing the deals that they did which were market when they signed them, especially when they are still making good on them later than most probably thought at least Parise would.  they had a window and it didn't work out.  plenty of places to blame but it seems misdirected when they held up their end of the bargain for the most part.  this is the cost of doing business when you don't bottom out or draft way above average.  :shrug:  

so the Rangers are carrying three competent goalies on rooster but are starting Georgiev in road back to back games?
Gut says they are trying to push Hank out. DQ has come out and said that Sherstekin is number 1. They want to win and make the playoffs. They feel like Hank is no 3 right now. 

The thing is, no one wants or needs Hank. So even if he waives his NMC so what. 

I love Hank, but they are right. He is no 3 right now. 

Bad enough that the Flyers will probably get trounced (especially after a soft early goal let in by Hart) but nhl.tv is blacked out for a game 4 hours away so i have to listen to Brian Engblom.

Oh and Tampa is back to their A team. Of course it's difficult reading the grey names numbers on those black jerseys

@JoeSmithTB: Stamkos, Kucherov, Cirelli and Johnson all back for #TBLightning. Gaunce and Joseph scratched. Vasilevskiy in net

Konecny to the box for First Degree Yapping

@charlieo_conn: That TK penalty screams "we warned you to stop stirring #### up and you go and do that on your very next shift" from the officials.

@frank_seravalli: #bolts win their 9th straight, a Sat win over #flyers away from second 10-game winning streak in 2020. TBL are 21-2-1 since Dec. 23. 🔥
2 different 10 game win streaks now for the Bolts, looking to break a franchise record for consecutive wins on Monday. 22-2-1 over their past 25 games. 

Rich get richer. Devils got a nice return though.

Blake Coleman to TB.

@FriedgeHNIC: VAN first and Nolan Foote to NJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Scary part is Lightning still have their Top 3 picks in next 3 drafts plus 7.3 mil deadline cap space if they want to make another move.

Scary part is Lightning still have their Top 3 picks in next 3 drafts plus 7.3 mil deadline cap space if they want to make another move.
One of their prospect blog guys is losing his mind on Twitter. I’m not sure he actually likes the team, just the prospects? All I care about is the cup, the entire core is young, go and get that damn thing. 

Personally, I'd try to extend one of the upcoming free agents, but that's just me.
Sure. But my point is if they want to blow money/picks on a rental upgrade they have that luxury. 

Personally i was wondering if they could potentially trade for a defenseman, possibly even one with another year of term,  since they have 2 RFA and 2 UFA on defense.

One of their prospect blog guys is losing his mind on Twitter. I’m not sure he actually likes the team, just the prospects? All I care about is the cup, the entire core is young, go and get that damn thing. 
Agreed. I was surprised that they traded for another F but when you see he is a two way player with size and kills penalties it makes sense come playoffs. And then his cap hit next year makes him even more valuable.

Sure. But my point is if they want to blow money/picks on a rental upgrade they have that luxury. 

Personally i was wondering if they could potentially trade for a defenseman, possibly even one with another year of term,  since they have 2 RFA and 2 UFA on defense.
I'm curious about that, too, since another defenseman is needed, but a defensive forward is a good thing, too.

Users who are viewing this thread