What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (4 Viewers)

Lightning headed from playing the Mel's top team in the standings yesterday, to the NHL's bottom team in Detroit today. They should blow the Dead Things out of the building, but after a fistfight-filled fracas less than 24 hours before, I think they might struggle in this one far more than they should.

Looks like the pens are on their way to another 4-0 1st round sweep, IF they make it. So so bad, sleep walk through 2 home games and get embarrassed by a combined 11-4.

Lightning headed from playing the Mel's top team in the standings yesterday, to the NHL's bottom team in Detroit today. They should blow the Dead Things out of the building, but after a fistfight-filled fracas less than 24 hours before, I think they might struggle in this one far more than they should.
They should bench like 7 players. No incentive to win this game. 

Well, the Lightning lost in a shootout to the worst team in the league, but they were less than 24 hours removed from beating the Bruins in a very physical game.

NHL scheduling is weird.

The Hurricanes and Penguins, who are in the same division, played each other for the first time yesterday. They have three more meetings in the next three weeks.

also, Florida may run Toronto down, which would be AMAZING 
That would be the most Leafy thing to have happen, and the team has been playing so inconsistently that it wouldn't be too surprising if it actually came to bear.

But to keep the anti-Leaf bias in this thread from totally divorcing conversation from reality, let's just do a quick recap:

Florida has lost four of five and are set to play one of their games in hand against the defending champs who are 9-1 over their last 10. 

Suffice it to say that Florida is having a little trouble themselves ensuring they put themselves in the position they need to to get into the post season.

Right now, just from sheer probability, I think it's a tall order for the Panthers to overtake the Leafs for 3rd. Will be hard for them to just move past other contenders in the wildcard race. Could it happen? Absolutely without question. Is it probable? There are lots of great points on both sides, I just won't be betting my money on it.

Caps, Pens, Lightning, Leafs, CBJ, Canes, Islanders, and even Florida have split their last 10 or worse. All of these contending teams need to turn it around to solidify their spot.

This next week will be a crucible, a veritable litmus test, to see which teams can get it together and look/play like a playoff team (let alone a hardware contender).

Going to get really interesting quick.

That would be the most Leafy thing to have happen, and the team has been playing so inconsistently that it wouldn't be too surprising if it actually came to bear.

But to keep the anti-Leaf bias in this thread from totally divorcing conversation from reality, let's just do a quick recap:

Florida has lost four of five and are set to play one of their games in hand against the defending champs who are 9-1 over their last 10. 

Suffice it to say that Florida is having a little trouble themselves ensuring they put themselves in the position they need to to get into the post season.

Right now, just from sheer probability, I think it's a tall order for the Panthers to overtake the Leafs for 3rd. Will be hard for them to just move past other contenders in the wildcard race. Could it happen? Absolutely without question. Is it probable? There are lots of great points on both sides, I just won't be betting my money on it.

Caps, Pens, Lightning, Leafs, CBJ, Canes, Islanders, and even Florida have split their last 10 or worse. All of these contending teams need to turn it around to solidify their spot.

This next week will be a crucible, a veritable litmus test, to see which teams can get it together and look/play like a playoff team (let alone a hardware contender).

Going to get really interesting quick.
math and logic don’t apply to the Leafs

McKinnon out with injury and will not return.  I think that makes 9 starters that are currently injured for Colorado.  If they make it to the playoffs, it will be on a gurney.

Good day for hockey -- Bruins visit the surging flyers, Canes have what seems to be a gimme @ Hockeytown, USA, with Isles on their WC trip @ the Canucks. 

I'll be eyeing the Leafs/Bolts game. Should be a good one with Morgan Rielly back in the fold. 

Leafs with a near perfect period -- dominating both zones, superb movement and cycling, great forechecking to control the offensive ice, shots 18-6 in their favor, with a solid PK (including 2 SH attempts and 1 shot against) and a PP goal (rare for us).

So of course, that means we're going to lose this game.

That's the Leafs in a nutshell. Way too much Jekyll/Hyde for me to believe this is their year for a deep run. 

Penguins are going to have an interesting decision with Murray and Jarry both RFA this offseason.

Both are slumping but that Gusev goal on Murray's glove side .... 

Yikes

Last edited by a moderator:
This Florida / Taranna fight for the 3 seed could be a good one...  I'm gonna be bold and say Florida overtakes the Leafs

Users who are viewing this thread