What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Final minute of opening period of the Oiler/Hawk game -- I don't recall seeing so many ongoing consecutive penalties being called in 3 mins of play in a long time.

• Penalty on Archibald, high sticking. Hawks on PP
  • Penalty on Kubalik, goalie interference, 4-4
  • Penalty on Yamamoto, holding stick, Hawks 4-3 advantage
  • Penalty Russell, holding, Hawks 5-3 advantage
Hawks score (Toews, A: Dach, DeBrincat), go up 2-1

this whole play in round has been called very tight but this game is ridiculous 
It would be interesting to see a comparison of penalties called per game so far in this play-in series than the same amount of games in first round last year.

Minus this game, of course, which would sink the boat in terms of being an outlier. 

Oof Toews.

Having a big night, but misses a wide open net by ringing it off the opposite post.

Happens sometimes. But that would have been clutch to tie this game up midway through the 3rd in a game that can tilt the series their way.

Or maybe not. Murphy with a slap from the point that finds its way in with a minute and a quarter left.

Koskinen seemingly having trouble seeing the puck through traffic this period.
I take that back. Koskinen is not to blame -- didn't see that it went off Bear's stick. Gotta hate when that happens as a player, especially in the playoff.

Hawks come back to steal this one and take the lead in the series.

I take that back. Koskinen is not to blame -- didn't see that it went off Bear's stick. Gotta hate when that happens as a player, especially in the playoff.

Hawks come back to steal this one and take the lead in the series.
Gretz didn't lose games like this.  Seems like the norm for McJesus

CBJ's strength at blocking shots in front of the net works against them -- Ceci gets a short hand shot from the point off of Seth Jones's skate, pinballs past Korpisalo.

1-0 Buds.

Nice comeback by 'Lumbus. Some bad giveaways by Toronto. Could have been the Jacks on the reg.*

*Blue Jackets in regulation, that is.

@DownGoesBrown: Jim Hughson: Who would have ever thought this would get to overtime when it was 3-0?

Every Leaf fan: Is this your first day here?

Anybody know the rough idea of the schedule for the first round? If they don’t play day games I’ll be furious. 

As an impartial fan, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how the lack of atmosphere isn't affecting my viewing of playoff hockey. Feels just as tense as always. 

To the best of my knowledge, that was a game that sort of looked like T dot in a nutshell. Outplayed the other team, had bad giveaways, lost to a less talented team. Harumph.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread