What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (6 Viewers)

Lets Go FLYERS!!!  Just kidding.  On a more serious note, is there any way hockey can just switch to this playoff format going forward?  It's actually really cool.
I wouldn't like the idea of the 17th through 24th best regular season teams having a shot at the Cup in a normal season, but I won't be surprised if they employ this or something similar going forward.  It's definitely an exciting format. 

So in the space of a week we've gone from the Penguins organization saying Sullivan was overlooked for Jack Adams award to folks wanting him fired (along with Rutherford and a complete rebuild).

And for folks calling to trade Letang/Malkin, I can't imagine teams are lining up to take on big contracts given the league economy and cap questions.

I watched him live twice this year. I won’t argue with anyone with says McDavid or Matthews are better, but if I were starting a team I would let you have either one of them and I would “settle” for MacKinnon and be completely happy with it.

Has there been any word on how they are going to unveil the team(s) for Monday’s lottery? They can’t go inverse order of record, because as soon as a team is skipped, you know that team won the No. 1 pick.

I guess they could go in order of A-B-C-D etc., maybe skipping the winning Team E slot that got the No. 1 pick until the end to increase the drama for ratings.

Has there been any word on how they are going to unveil the team(s) for Monday’s lottery? They can’t go inverse order of record, because as soon as a team is skipped, you know that team won the No. 1 pick.

I guess they could go in order of A-B-C-D etc., maybe skipping the winning Team E slot that got the No. 1 pick until the end to increase the drama for ratings.
Is there really a lottery for the other teams that don’t get the top pick? I figured they got slotted in based on record if they don’t get the top pick. 

So in the space of a week we've gone from the Penguins organization saying Sullivan was overlooked for Jack Adams award to folks wanting him fired (along with Rutherford and a complete rebuild).

And for folks calling to trade Letang/Malkin, I can't imagine teams are lining up to take on big contracts given the league economy and cap questions.
Rutherford saying Sullivan should win the Jack Adams is like Peter Laviollete saying Claude Giroux is the best player in the world.  You go to bat for your guy.

I'd say Penguin fandom (I am one) has been rumbling on Sully for 2yrs.  Started to reach a fever pitch with the Islander sweep.  End of this regular season was terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread