What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (7 Viewers)

I always laugh at the Kings two picks before Corey Perry also.

112NY RangersHugh Jessiman

113Los AngelesDustin Brown

114ChicagoBrent Seabrook

115NY IslandersRobert Nilsson

116San JoseSteve Bernier

117New JerseyZach Parise

118WashingtonEric Fehr

119AnaheimRyan Getzlaf

120MinnesotaBrent Burns

121BostonMark Stuart

122EdmontonMarc-Antoine Pouliot

123VancouverRyan KeslerC

124PhiladelphiaMike Richards

125FloridaAnthony Stewart

126Los AngelesBrian Boyle

127Los AngelesJeff Tambellini

128AnaheimCorey Perry

129OttawaPatrick Eaves
Haha that's really bad. At least us Rangers fans aren't the only ones in pain from that draft. They did hit on their earlier pick with Brown so could be worse.

The Parise one hurt the most. Not getting a bonafide top center that I always wanted hurt too, but seeing Parise a ton over the years just killed me. They passed up on a lot of good players, but then watching Parise always seeming like he had our number stung. Constant reminder of that draft every time we played NJD.

Another real bad one. Don't know how I nearly forgot about this. 2006 draft. We take Sanguinetti. Supposed to be our offensive d-man of the future. Pick right after ours? Philly. They take Claude Giroux. Rumor had it that Philly was going to take Sanguinetti if we didn't take him. So there's another guy who we ended up seeing quite a bit over the years. 

So between 2003, 2006, 2010, and about 4 years of not having 1st round picks in four drafts from 2013 to 2016, finally getting some talented youth is exciting. Hopefully some of these guys pan out. 

Sorry, nothing to contribute to this conversation as I was watching Laffy highlights all night. Cant wait until the Rangers play the Mighty Getzlafs this year. 
I admit, I watched a fair share of his highlights last night too. 

Woke up this morning in a state of confusion. "Wait, we have the #1 pick? It wasn't a dream?" 

Still in disbelief.

Haha that's really bad. At least us Rangers fans aren't the only ones in pain from that draft. They did hit on their earlier pick with Brown so could be worse.

The Parise one hurt the most. Not getting a bonafide top center that I always wanted hurt too, but seeing Parise a ton over the years just killed me. They passed up on a lot of good players, but then watching Parise always seeming like he had our number stung. Constant reminder of that draft every time we played NJD.

Another real bad one. Don't know how I nearly forgot about this. 2006 draft. We take Sanguinetti. Supposed to be our offensive d-man of the future. Pick right after ours? Philly. They take Claude Giroux. Rumor had it that Philly was going to take Sanguinetti if we didn't take him. So there's another guy who we ended up seeing quite a bit over the years. 

So between 2003, 2006, 2010, and about 4 years of not having 1st round picks in four drafts from 2013 to 2016, finally getting some talented youth is exciting. Hopefully some of these guys pan out. 
There is way too many years where they traded away top picks. Not an ideal strategy.

In 2004, they bombed on pick 6, 9, 36, 48 and 51.  Probably the year they best were best at stock piling picks. The did well at 60 and 127 with Dubinsky and Callahan.

And I should add. 2004. Took Montoya and Korpikoski 1st round. Brendl and Lundmark a few years earlier from that in '99. 

Cherepanov in 2007 is a "what if" pick. Could have been the superstar we desired. Awful story. RIP. 

You can talk about the disfuntion of the drafts, yet they still made the playoffs every year, went to a cup final and a conference final back to back. 

When they realized the errors of their ways by trading all those picks away, they decided to tear it down. They had zero in the pipeline and now look at them. 

There is never a guarantee when you draft 17 and 18 year old kids. The Rangers are not the only ones who have missed. Have they done it a lot, yes, but are not alone in having misses. 

And like rude said, there is not 1 single team who does not take Kakko there. The kid moved to a new country, learned a new language, played on a smaller rink and put a ton of pressure on himself. no one here cares that he had 23 points. In fact, I would argue that he was the best Ranger after they came back. He will be fine. 

With all the talent, they still lack depth at Center and that is a big issue. Some are suggesting trading for one. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Let's remember that his terrible argument went from "the Rangers will #### it up" and "they have the worst track record in the NHL" to "their guys under perform" while bashing the production of an 18 year old kid and not giving any credit to the 2018 picks for no reason at all.

Strange presser by Pens GM Rutherford 

This

@JoshYohe_PGH: GMJR: “There is something wrong. Changes need to be made.”

Okay so youre selling?

@JoshYohe_PGH: GMJR shoots down the idea of trading Malkin or Letang. “I’m trying to move forward with this core.”

Huh?

@JoshYohe_PGH: GMJR: “I know everybody picks on Jack and they have for a long time, but I think, in that pairing, Justin Schultz had a lot more to give.”

And then he runs his players over 

@SethRorabaugh: Jim Rutherford on Game 4: https://twitter.com/SethRorabaugh/status/1293240420017876992/photo/1

Bolts just can’t get anything going against these guys. Feel like they’ve been the better team but still behind. Just a bad matchup. 

Rats!

@PierreVLeBrun: Hearing that the Habs have given permission to Florida to speak with AGM Scott Mellanby.

I would love to have a sit down with John Cooper and see if he is influenced by watching soccer. I have seen multiple up, back and through plays with what we would call a 3rd man run. 

@reporterchris: This is the sixth game in nine days for #CBJ and the third to go to overtime. The schedule is not their friend here.

Hour old tweet ...really odd number 

@reporterchris: We'll officially enter a delay situation for tonight's BOS-CAR game once we get beyond 6:42 p.m. ET.

The NHL requires an 87.5-minute turnaround between games. And double overtime is just beginning here at Scotiabank Arena.

Hour old tweet ...really odd number 

@reporterchris: We'll officially enter a delay situation for tonight's BOS-CAR game once we get beyond 6:42 p.m. ET.

The NHL requires an 87.5-minute turnaround between games. And double overtime is just beginning here at Scotiabank Arena.
That's what happens when you have a Crosby fan and a Kane fan negotiating a deal. 

@billmeltzer: The longer OTs go, the more the guys who haven't played much become a key factor. I remember by 0T3 of the 5-OT game against Pens in 2000, Kent Manderville became one of the best players on the ice.

Users who are viewing this thread