What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (1 Viewer)

To give y’all an idea of how amazing Fleury has been, he played 61 games last year and had a 5.28 saves above replacement. Through nine games so far, he’s at 7.24 already. 
Malcolm Subban better get healthy though. Not all of those goals were Dansk fault but the wrap around was bad and another was kinda soft. 

John Carlson leading the NHL in points - worth mentioning. His passing has been unbelievable this year, I swear it looks like Backstrom with some of the assists he's dealing. Obviously won't last, but he looks like he's made a jump and is playing at a different level than before. 

John Carlson leading the NHL in points - worth mentioning. His passing has been unbelievable this year, I swear it looks like Backstrom with some of the assists he's dealing. Obviously won't last, but he looks like he's made a jump and is playing at a different level than before. 

I noticed that this am.  He's on pace for 145 points.   :shock:  

My seats are right behind the visitors' bench and on Sunday, a Hawks fan was yelling at JC that he had a terrible shift every time he stepped off the ice.  It got old very quickly.  

The_Man said:
Update after 2 goals last night 

Fewest games by a defenseman to record 20th point of a season, NHL history: 

10 GP - Paul Coffey (1988-89 w/ PIT)

11 GP - John Carlson (2019-20)

11 GP - Bobby Orr (1974-75 w/ BOS)

Malcolm Subban better get healthy though. Not all of those goals were Dansk fault but the wrap around was bad and another was kinda soft. 
Can Su ever stay healthy is the thing, really. That’s the part of Su that I’m super critical with. Dansk played as well as I expected Dansk to play, which is what I’d expect from a replacement goalie. Second goal is definitely one that he can’t give up. 

Funny thing was, when I got home from work, I had the game streaming on my phone. Get inside my home right as soon as the second goal is scored. I turn the tv/laptop on to the stream, and I’m seeing what I thought is the same goal again, thinking the stream is behind my phone. Nope, just the third goal being scored :(  lol. I don’t think Vegas played that bad aside from some defensive miscues vs Philly.

Dansk did get sent back to Chicago, but not because Su is ready, of course.

Feel like Vegas definitely stole two points in Chicago vs the hawks. Got thoroughly outplayed for two periods. Fleury ain’t going to keep playing out of his mind and keep bailing Vegas out like he is though. 

Flower up to 8.65 GSAA through nine starts and ten games. 

You coming to the game Sunday @Getzlaf15??

Last edited by a moderator:
Man the Bolts just don’t look right. Congrats on the division, Buffalo. 
They said that last year, then the Lightning took off. In all honesty, their PK is not good, and while a division title again would be cool, the goal is the Cup, and God and everybody saw how that division title worked out for the Bolts last season. Got pantsed by an 8 seed in a sweep is what happened there.

Binnington went and skated into his corner tonight after a penalty had been called on Kyle Clifford. He just happened to bump into Clifford while doing so which caused a little skirmish and led to two quick Blues goals. He also tried, and failed miserably to score on an empty netter. I love this man. 

Yup, ain’t got that rich people money though lol. Sitting in 211. Actually going to both Anaheim games this year. 
They were not much more than the 200's.  That place is so expensive.    I'm thinking of going to Aria or NYNY at 11am to watch/bet NFL.  Then walk over to the game.

They were not much more than the 200's.  That place is so expensive.    I'm thinking of going to Aria or NYNY at 11am to watch/bet NFL.  Then walk over to the game.
I’m lucky and have a friend with season tickets so I’m just giving him my team set of cards so he can sell on eBay for a free ticket :)

@CapFriendly: TRADE:

To #Ducks
Erik Gudbranson

To #Pens
Andreas Martinsen
2021 7th round pick

http://Capfriendly.com/trades

@charlieo_conn: So for Pittsburgh:

Carl Hagelin
turns into
Tanner Pearson
turns into
Erik Gudbranson
turns into 
Andreas Martinsen and a 7th

And that's in one calendar year!

JaxBill said:
But I have no idea why the Ducks traded for Gudbranson without getting picks back.
I think Manson might be out awhile and they've been looking for a right handed man for a long time 

East Coast Bias said:
Have my son this weekend and taking him to his first Hurricanes (and NHL) game. 
No better sport to take young ones to. Lots of action on ice where it's easy to focus. The energy of a crowd after a goal is incredible or a big save. 2 Intermissions so you can buy them crap. 

No better sport to take young ones to. Lots of action on ice where it's easy to focus. The energy of a crowd after a goal is incredible or a big save. 2 Intermissions so you can buy them crap. 
We had a great time. Canes won 4-0. He said it was more exciting than baseball. Definitely will go back.

Took my 5 year old a couple years ago. Got a beer for me, soda / snacks for him. Hands are full. Told him stay close behind me. I made the turn for the seats from the concessions area, look behind me and he’s gone. 

head back to concessions, ask the guy working there if he just saw a young boy in a Bergeron jersey - “ya, about 1000 of them”. Ok bud

figured he must have just kept in a straight line, found him bawling outside next section w a mom. 

took a whole year to convince him to go back there... loves it now tho 

Hyped it all up for my then maybe 7 year old daughter.   Get to the game, get her nachos, ice cream drink, she's all ready.... Daddy when do they do the horn? After a goal. Ok.

Freaking 0-0 after 3 periods.  Couldn't hang any more had to leave. Went to a stupid shoot out.

:lmao:

she was not impressed 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread