Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
ItsOnlytheRiver

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

would it be too much to ask NBC to get Doc a live feed?

I think i heard him call TB the Islanders. Twice!

Edited by E Street Brat

I think the Bruins clearly wanted to follow the NBA’s lead and take tonight off. Respect. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

54 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

would it be too much to ask NBC to get Doc a live feed?

I know he had cancer so I totally get it, but I wonder if he will be heading to Edmonton. The bubble has pretty much been proven to be the safest place on earth really so it seems like it would be ok for him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Capella said:

I know he had cancer so I totally get it, but I wonder if he will be heading to Edmonton. The bubble has pretty much been proven to be the safest place on earth really so it seems like it would be ok for him. 

I had heard he was going to Edmonton for the next round.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps this game will take my mind off of things for a moment. I'll start watching.

I think my 7 year old uses a longer stick than Girard.  that thing is ridiculous.  pulls it off being one of the best skaters in the league but just think how much better he’d be if he put 6 more inches on there.

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

well, that was ####### nuts

Yep. Some nice odd-man rushes and some wrist shots from the point and deflections going on. 

Catching up on yesterday's news...Yotes are in a pickle

@CraigCustance: NHL announces that Coyotes must forfeit their 2020 2nd-round pick and 2021 1st-round pick for violating the league's combine testing policy.

2 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Catching up on yesterday's news...Yotes are in a pickle

@CraigCustance: NHL announces that Coyotes must forfeit their 2020 2nd-round pick and 2021 1st-round pick for violating the league's combine testing policy.

Saw that on ESPN. They were putting players through their paces against league rules established by the CBA. I think it was also discussed earlier in the thread, though not in much detail. You probably had your eyes on the Flyers game.

Withholding any social/political comments but if they just shift all games forward 24 (or potentially 48) hours, that's a huge break for Flyers who had only 2 days after last physically draining series vs MTL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Withholding any social/political comments but if they just shift all games forward 24 (or potentially 48) hours, that's a huge break for Flyers who had only 2 days after last physically draining series vs MTL

I'm thinking the Bruins benefit more than the Lightning, too. And I won't comment politically, either.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

I just assumed we’d be getting 4 games tomorrow. 

yeah, that would be my guess

nhl should start making crap up to piss off the players.  use 2 pucks at a time.  2 25 minute periods.  overtime means players actually get paid overtime.  doubleheaders, winners keep playing.  i mean, 2020 is already a joke, let’s go all in on this.

No games tomorrow either it appears. I bet we get 4 games Saturday and Sunday. 

apparently the nba has cancelled my roto football draft set for 8/31.  i will advice shortly...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

whatever... there are bigger things out there 

like thousands impacted by a Cat4

Booooo

not sure why they cancelled for 2 days either. Seems more constructive to do something like host a skills competition or something, and every penny made from it goes to some charity, or police training or something. most NHL fans would watch, and some agreement would need to be established that all proceeds automatically go to someone. maybe all funds directly to a victim's family? Seems like a more productive approach where something concrete could come out

5 hours ago, JaxBill said:

and yeah, this is a good deal. i think the Flyers had something like 4 games in 89 hours. i do think Elliot was going to start tonight, poor guy misses out now with this if they don;t get another chance to get him in net

Posted (edited)

NHL continues to shoot itself in the foot. Sad. Now the only sport left I will watch is Golf. Until NFL starts and they are on the brink as well

Edited by LoadLetterPaper

:oldunsure::lol: 

@iancmclaren 13h
Really don't know how the NHL will survive Gord694201984 walking away from hockey.

• Laughing 1

11 hours ago, modogg said:

not sure why they cancelled for 2 days either. Seems more constructive to do something like host a skills competition or something, and every penny made from it goes to some charity, or police training or something. most NHL fans would watch, and some agreement would need to be established that all proceeds automatically go to someone. maybe all funds directly to a victim's family? Seems like a more productive approach where something concrete could come out

I think wanting to show all 8 remaining teams supporting the cause is the simple explanation for this. MLB has been kind of all over the place with some teams playing, some teams not and not deciding until close to game time in some cases (same with the first night of the NBA strike), I think if the NHL players decided were going to do it, this made sense, as well as the united press conferences in the bubble cities.

The reality is they took a lot of heat for not cancelling games Wednesday and they took a lot of heat for cancelling games Thursday/Friday, they were never going to make everyone happy.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

@iancmclaren 13h
Really don't know how the NHL will survive Gord694201984 walking away from hockey.

Reminds me of one of my favorite tweets. Something like “hi my name is firstnamebunchofnumbers and I have some really ####ty opinions to share with you”

1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

@iancmclaren 13h

The fact that he used "Gord" as the first name is the topping on the cake.

35 minutes ago, wilked said:

I haven't been drunk by 3PM in a while.  As good a time as ever...

I think you mean by 142 given your track record

42 minutes ago, wilked said:

I haven't been drunk by 3PM in a while.  As good a time as ever...

You better be drunk by 11 with the way your goalies are getting lit up. 

• Laughing 3

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

You better be drunk by 11 with the way your goalies are getting lit up. 

Ahhhhh snap! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Chuckling as a Rangers fan as I type this, but Let's go Flyers!

Edited by kodycutter

Refs missing blatant calls against the Bolts. How is that not boarding? 

...and instead it’s a TB Power Play. Amazing 

Great game thus far 

Tb has had bad puck luck.  They deserve more than 1. 

Vas has been great at cleaning up the puck amongst scrums. Big credit to him 

Dirty ### play by Ritchie. Haven’t wanted to see him all series, hope not to see him again 

Reactions to that hit by Ritchie remind me what a dinosaur I am. Definitely going to tell my son about "back my day". 🙂