What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (2 Viewers)

That was impressive how the NHL pulled that off, start to finish. I was more optimistic than most that I know, but still to see it done.

And the Lightning were the best team from start to finish. Enjoy it @Capella @E Street Brat etc.

It's October later this week ... that means the new season is just around the corner, right?

That was impressive how the NHL pulled that off, start to finish. I was more optimistic than most that I know, but still to see it done.

And the Lightning were the best team from start to finish. Enjoy it @Capella @E Street Brat etc.

It's October later this week ... that means the new season is just around the corner, right?
The 2020 NHL Entry Draft will be the 58th NHL Entry Draft. The draft is scheduled for October 6–7, 2020 and will be held virtually. 

Congrats to the Lightning and their fans! Well-deserved cup.

What a great tourney! Games at right time, done well in the bubble. A+ to the league and the guys and women for getting it all done.
I'd like to think the Covid Cup will be one to stand out above the rest.  Quite a feat to be the team to come out on top after basically being deployed to Canada for a hockey tournament. 

@RickCarpiniello

Now confirmed. The Rangers will buy out Henrik Lundqvist Wednesday. #NYR

GB Hank.  Wish the Rangers were able to pull out a SC win for him, as he was one of their most incredible players for a long time.  We'll see #30 in the rafters soon enough.

:banned:

the rangers giving a 2 to detroit to offload marc staal’s corpse is going to be looked upon very favorably in the next 2-4 years.  they needed the space, with the lundqvist move combined, to make a run with kakko and lafreniere on rook deals.

I was just thinking when the Lightning won in 2004 the 2005 season was canceled because of a lockout,

Now they win in 2020 and who knows if there will be a 2021 season, or what or what it may look like, 

@RickCarpiniello

Now confirmed. The Rangers will buy out Henrik Lundqvist Wednesday. #NYR

GB Hank.  Wish the Rangers were able to pull out a SC win for him, as he was one of their most incredible players for a long time.  We'll see #30 in the rafters soon enough.

:banned:
@EvolvingHockey: Since 2007, Henrik Lundqvist provided 57.2 wins above replacement to the Rangers, close to 20 more than the next goalie (Carey Price).

@EvolvingHockey: Over that same span, Lundqvist saved 278 goals above expected during the regular season. The next goaltender is Jaro Halak at 96.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
they are paying Shattenirk $6MM next season.
i think shattenkirk is 6mm over the next 3 yrs.  i think shatt, girardi and lundqvist will total around 10mm this year, bulk being hank.

i think shattenkirk is 6mm over the next 3 yrs.  i think shatt, girardi and lundqvist will total around 10mm this year, bulk being hank.
https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1156688835683717120?s=20

CapFriendly @CapFriendly

Jul 31, 2019

#Rangers buying out the remaining 2 years of Shattenkirk's contract would result in 4 years of buyout cap hit broken down as follows:
2019-20: $1,483,333*
2020-21: $6,083,333
2021-22: $1,433,333
2022-23: $1,433,333
*It would save NY $5,166,667 in cap space this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TC_904: "Florida shouldn't have good hockey teams because they don't have real ice."

Tampa: *Celebrates Stanley Cup Victory with a boat parade*

@frank_seravalli: Goaltender Robin Lehner has put pen to paper and signed a 5-year, $25 million extension to stay with the Vegas @GoldenKnights. Announcement expected later today.

Lehner was No. 5 on #TSNHockey’s Top 75 free agents list. #FreeAgentFrenzy

Vegas gold alternate jerseys are supposedly going to be coming out on Friday of next week. Super excited to see how amazing these look. 
What’s everyone think of these gold jerseys?

@frank_seravalli: Goaltender Robin Lehner has put pen to paper and signed a 5-year, $25 million extension to stay with the Vegas @GoldenKnights. Announcement expected later today.

Lehner was No. 5 on #TSNHockey’s Top 75 free agents list. #FreeAgentFrenzy
Where does everyone think Flower ends up?

@PierreVLeBrun: Wild and Sharks are expected to announce a Ryan Donato trade within the hour; San Jose getting Donato for a third-round pick in '21.
Both teams also still working on a separate Devan Dubnyk deal which if completed would be announced later today.

@PuckReportNHL: Frank Seravalli on TSN1260 says a lot of teams are interested in Marc-Andre Fleury just not at $7M. Adds his understanding is over the weekend the conversations #VegasBorn were having with teams included Fleury and a 2nd without asking for anything back. No takers at that point.

@PierreVLeBrun: Indeed, The Penguins have bought out Jack Johnson.  He had three years left on his contract. https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1313146689239347200

@CapFriendly: With 3 years remaining Jack Johnson's contract, a buyout will span 6 years. The buyout details are as follows:

2020-21 cap hit: $1.67M
2021-22: $1.67M
2022-23: $1.9M
2023-24: $917k
2024-25: $917k
2025-26: $917k

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/jack-johnson#results https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1313146689239347200 https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1313147815594528768/photo/1

@FriedgeHNIC: Let’s update this: Matt Niskanen has informed PHI that he will retire. Team asked him to take some time and think about it, he did and stayed with that decision. The Flyers are working on re-signing Justin Braun, do not want to lose two critical members of the PK

@FriedgeHNIC: Let’s update this: Matt Niskanen has informed PHI that he will retire. Team asked him to take some time and think about it, he did and stayed with that decision. The Flyers are working on re-signing Justin Braun, do not want to lose two critical members of the PK
were there any rumblings on this?  seems out of nowhere.  had a decent bounce back season, weird timing.

The Score app has a contest to predict the top 10 selections.  

How bad am I going to do? :D

1. Alexis Lafrenière
  2. Quinton Byfield
  3. Tim Stutzle
  4. Marco Rossi
  5. Jamie Drysdale
  6. Lucas Raymond
  7. Cole Perfetti
  8. Jake Sanderson
  9. Yaroslav Askarov
  10. Anton Lundell

Users who are viewing this thread