What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread (2 Viewers)

So they use their best trade chip and walk out of the third round in reportedly one of the deepest drafts with only one skater who is 24 years old, carries  3.2 mil cap hit and they had previously traded away
yes but I'm pretty sure Kapanen is going to help them a lot more in the short-term than anyone they would have drafted with that pick. His cap hit is also pretty reasonable (plus the Leafs paid him his bonus already so not much cost to the Pens when revenues are probably a bigger concern for them than they are in Toronto).

2nd/3rd round picks are total crapshoots for the most part. many of them never sniff the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tsn_wally: #sens Dorion says they did not qualify Duclair. Dorion says that Duclair acted as his own agent and that they offered him a “substantial raise” but that Duclair will be headed to free agency.

@EvolvingHockey: We projected 2 years at $3.4 million if Duclair re-signed in Ottawa. It will be interesting to see what he can get on the open market.

Fun to see some 02s my son played with and against over the years get drafted, some others will be eligible next year. A few we were hoping got taken did not. One I was really hoping someone would take late is Pierre’s son, a good kid and a damn good hockey player. Ugh, huge disappointment for them. Bs took a local kid we know well in the 6th, Riley Duran - dream scenario to have hometown team take him. 

@tsn_wally: #sens Dorion says they did not qualify Duclair. Dorion says that Duclair acted as his own agent and that they offered him a “substantial raise” but that Duclair will be headed to free agency.

@EvolvingHockey: We projected 2 years at $3.4 million if Duclair re-signed in Ottawa. It will be interesting to see what he can get on the open market.
dumb.  he won’t get the opportunity available in Ottawa elsewhere, even if he gets a slightly better deal.  bet on yourself, kid

Fun to see some 02s my son played with and against over the years get drafted, some others will be eligible next year. A few we were hoping got taken did not. One I was really hoping someone would take late is Pierre’s son, a good kid and a damn good hockey player. Ugh, huge disappointment for them. Bs took a local kid we know well in the 6th, Riley Duran - dream scenario to have hometown team take him. 
I had seen that Pierre's kid was on the Central Scouting list, but didn't think he would go.

Thrilled for Duran though, I've known his dad for years.

Sabres didn't qualify Kahun. super dumb if they let him walk to save a few bucks.
A few interesting RFA around the league not qualified. Mark Jankowski (CGY) and Nick Cousins (VGK) jump out as two who could help the Leafs become "harder to play against". 

how did Lumbus get so cap strapped that they need to do that Wennberg buyout?  pretty cheap buyout I guess.  decent player though

Ottawa has acquired Erik Gudbranson from Anaheim in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft.

$4mil cap for one year

He played consistently well for the Ducks.

Last edited by a moderator:
solid player and the kind of size and power forward they need but man, that’s such an odd and unnecessary risky deal.
I think most feel the term is fine and money is fine but not together.  One or the other. A massive risk given the game he plays and season he just had.

Maybe bergy is a genius. Maybe a buffoon. Based on his past moves I think he trends closer to the latter. At least he's making a move, I guess. Time will tell.

@WPGMurat: Paul Stastny may be headed back to Winnipeg. 

Multiple, independent sources tell me a trade would involve draft picks heading in both directions and the deal should be announced tomorrow.

I believe the rumblings were first reported by Jason Bell of the Winnipeg Free Press.

@WPGMurat: Paul Stastny may be headed back to Winnipeg. 

Multiple, independent sources tell me a trade would involve draft picks heading in both directions and the deal should be announced tomorrow.

I believe the rumblings were first reported by Jason Bell of the Winnipeg Free Press.
Knights making room for Pietrangelo

Knights making room for Pietrangelo
only if they can find someone to take MAF off their hands as well. they're almost 3 mil over limit with only 20 players signed  
Yeah speculation I saw was if they can get a couple picks for Stastny, they could potentially turn around and package them with Fleury to help move him. I have no idea what kind of return they get for one year of Stastny at $6.5M though.

There was also Twitter speculation maybe they go after Joe Thornton (not too far from San Jose, DeBoer connection).

I think we'll see a few big money signings but a lot of bargain basement ones today.  The folks in the middle might find their asking price dropping as early as tomorrow. 

A couple of the midlevel goalies coming off good years like Khudobin/Greiss might really get squeezed.

solid player and the kind of size and power forward they need but man, that’s such an odd and unnecessary risky deal.
It feels like a Chiarelli deal...not only do you give good $ and term but somehow you also include some no-trade provisions (how Chris Kelly got no trade provisions is an all time head scratcher to me...I mean how will you ever find another solid third line center)..Anderson has great size and is intriguing as hell but he's had over 30 points exactly once in his career...will be interesting to see how this deal plays out.

@DarrenDreger: Pending a trade call, the VGK have traded Paul Statsny to Wpg for a 4th in 2022 and Carl Dahlstrom

@frank_seravalli: Hearing Anton Khudobin back in Dallas 3 x $3.5 million

@FriedgeHNIC: Hearing Matt Murray extension in OTT is four years, $25M

@KKurzNHL: What’s amazing about this crazy goalie market and all this movement is that the Flyers actually are NOT involved 😂

man is it ever the year to be a washed up and/or declining goaler.  judging by these deals Markstrom is for sure going to get his 7x7

Lightning placed Tyler Johnson on waivers surprisingly. 

@CapFriendly: Placing Tyler Johnson on waivers could also be a way for Tampa to get around his No Trade Clause.

Meaning that Tampa could have a deal in place where a club has agreed to pick him up off waivers, and then that club makes a separate deal for 'future considerations' with Tampa. https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1314598895247392779

Lightning placed Tyler Johnson on waivers surprisingly. 

@CapFriendly: Placing Tyler Johnson on waivers could also be a way for Tampa to get around his No Trade Clause.

Meaning that Tampa could have a deal in place where a club has agreed to pick him up off waivers, and then that club makes a separate deal for 'future considerations' with Tampa. https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1314598895247392779
bs.  league should discipline moves like that.  if not, players association should be pissed.

@AntSanPhilly: While the Flyers have been involved in discussions with Kevin Shattenkirk today, they are unlikely to sign him unless they decide to spend more money/go longer-term.

He has several offers right now, and I'm led to believe they are better than the Flyers are willing to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread