What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Woke Culture (1 Viewer)

Max Power

Footballguy
I think our pendulum has swung way to far to one side right now. Hardly a week goes by where I dont hear something considered "progressive" that doesnt ring insane to me. I think left leaning people are disappointed at what we are making issues out of. 

I understand that one voice from the left doesnt speak for the group, but you also have to know that when it speaks for the other side it gets attention.

This week I had the pleasure of reading how the 1936 Chicago Bears uniform was racist since in 1936, black players were not allowed in the NFL. GSH didnt employee black people and even said blacks should be ashamed for taking their money. 

On top of Race is transgender. I'm not sure what 2020 Olympics will say, but right now there are born men athletes dominating women sports.

Max you're being petty... sure call me that. I feel like I'm pointing at a problem that will continue to worsen if we dont address it. 

Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, and others understand this. 

The Director of the new Joker film will probably be here soon to answer questions. 

I think our pendulum has swung way to far to one side right now. Hardly a week goes by where I dont hear something considered "progressive" that doesnt ring insane to me. I think left leaning people are disappointed at what we are making issues out of. 

I understand that one voice from the left doesnt speak for the group, but you also have to know that when it speaks for the other side it gets attention.

This week I had the pleasure of reading how the 1936 Chicago Bears uniform was racist since in 1936, black players were not allowed in the NFL. GSH didnt employee black people and even said blacks should be ashamed for taking their money. 

On top of Race is transgender. I'm not sure what 2020 Olympics will say, but right now there are born men athletes dominating women sports.

Max you're being petty... sure call me that. I feel like I'm pointing at a problem that will continue to worsen if we dont address it. 
Is Jenner making a comeback?

First women to win in the men's bracket
Are trans athletes dominating women’s sports? It’s not something I’ve heard at all, and I suppose it could be an advantage. I somewhat agree that sometime I read something that people are pointing at and saying “shame!” and I think it’s a little much. I also think we could care a little more about other people regardless of what they do with themselves. I’m a straight white man though, I’ve never dealt with micro aggressions or racism or persecution for my sexuality. Growing up in a small town I’ve seen those ignorances. I’m aware of it because it has caused some embarrassing situations for me in the past, so I’ve made it a point to be more “woke” if that’s what you want to call it. Sometimes the tar and feathers come out too quickly these days, but I understand that a targeted group would want to have a zero tolerance policy on being disrespected. 

If someone has never used a garbage disposal, owned a house or a drivers how can anyone take that person seriously to grasp real issues?  They are still a child. 

Are trans athletes dominating women’s sports? It’s not something I’ve heard at all, and I suppose it could be an advantage.
For someone who spends as much time in the PF as you, this is laughable and quite ignorant on your part. It's been a highly discussed hot button topic for a number of years now.

This week I learned that the okay hand sign is now racist. And that was because people decided to push that as a hoax for fun, and then it somehow became real and now the country thinks it's a white power thing.

Everyone is stupid.

People are apologizing fro being white now.  Like literally saying they are sorry....for being born white.   Yeah, OK

For someone who spends as much time in the PF as you, this is laughable and quite ignorant on your part. It's been a highly discussed hot button topic for a number of years now.
It’s not a thread I’ve seen or read, what can I say? I’m more interested in actual politics, and appreciate a broad range of viewpoints and links to different information than I find on my own. I don’t spend a lot of time talking about religion, abortion, or LGBT stuff. 

On a light note, I got a sign for Great Lakes Brewing Company, and gave it to my dad to put in his man shed. It said “GLBC” and had like a drawing of a boat. After I had left, my brother tried to get my dad to give it to him, telling him it was “gay lesbian beer company.” 

I’m sick of old white heterosexual men being so angry and resentful. No group of people in history has had the benefits we have. Stop whining already; get the #### over it. 
But other people having rights lessens my superiority over them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sick of old white heterosexual men being so angry and resentful. No group of people in history has had the benefits we have. Stop whining already; get the #### over it. 
I'm sick of angry people like you grouping people together and telling them what they are and aren't allowed to think.  I'd like to think you realize not all white heterosexual men are privileged like you believe and not all should be lumped together.  Rinse and repeat for other races, genders, and whatever group of people you can come up with.   Get the #### over it.

I'm sick of angry people like you grouping people together and telling them what they are and aren't allowed to think.  I'd like to think you realize not all white heterosexual men are privileged like you believe and not all should be lumped together.  Rinse and repeat for other races, genders, and whatever group of people you can come up with.   Get the #### over it.
A-men brother Bill.

Actually it’s just “culture” and it’s moving on without the middle-aged diaper babies. Enjoy your Bill Burr special.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd say - why do you care what these people think?  Do you have specific instances where this has impacted you in any way whatsoever?  I mean, the problem as I see it, is that everybody has a voice to say whatever crazy thing they want - that doesn't mean a large number of people believe it.  People have been spouting insane stuff for years - we just hear about it much more now.  My advice is to ignore it and address it when there's actually something to address.  And I think that no matter which end of the spectrum a person falls.

This week I learned that the okay hand sign is now racist. And that was because people decided to push that as a hoax for fun, and then it somehow became real and now the country thinks it's a white power thing.

Everyone is stupid.
OK emoji has been eliminated from this forum too.  lol

Yes all are privileged. Not all realize it. 

And politics rarely make me angry.

No one said white privilege doesn't exist.  Stop moving the goalposts.  Of course some white people have privilege.  So do some black people, asian people, Indian people or whatever the hell other group you want to name.  That has nothing to do with your childish "I’m sick of old white heterosexual men being so angry and resentful. No group of people in history has had the benefits we have. Stop whining already; get the #### over it. " rant.

No one said white privilege doesn't exist.  Stop moving the goalposts.  Of course some white people have privilege.  So do some black people, asian people, Indian people or whatever the hell other group you want to name.  That has nothing to do with your childish "I’m sick of old white heterosexual men being so angry and resentful. No group of people in history has had the benefits we have. Stop whining already; get the #### over it. " rant.
It has everything to do with it. Your statement “some white people have privilege” indicates you don’t understand the concept; otherwise you’d never use the word “some”’and you’d never add that others do as well. You just don’t get it, 

The whole point of white privilege is that it’s inherent. Anyone who is white is born with it, and it never goes away. All white people have it, and men more than women, heterosexuals more than LGBTQ. If you are not white you don’t have it and never can. There is no “some” about it. 

It has everything to do with it. Your statement “some white people have privilege” indicates you don’t understand the concept; otherwise you’d never use the word “some”’and you’d never add that others do as well. You just don’t get it, 

The whole point of white privilege is that it’s inherent. Anyone who is white is born with it, and it never goes away. All white people have it, and men more than women, heterosexuals more than LGBTQ. If you are not white you don’t have it and never can. There is no “some” about it. 
Oh bull.  I know plenty of white folks that were born with absolutely nothing.  No money, barely a house to live in, no education in their family, etc....   They are anything but privileged and it has nothing to do with not being gay or having white skin.  Some are total bums and expect handouts from others.  Some accept their circumstance and work their ### off to make it better.  Same two sentences apply for other races.

I'm also well aware of the fact that I was not born under those same circumstances and have more privilege than many others.  There are plenty of blacks and other minorities born privileged too.  But they don't fit the narrative you always push so you ignore them.  You gotta make everything black and white.  Literally.  Like you said, stop whining about it already and get the #### over it.

I wonder who wins the award for most outraged:

The SJW's, always being outraged by every little thing?

Or those on the right who are always outraged by every little thing the SJW's are outraged by?

Irony at its finest.

I would write something but Ricky Gervais already said it better than I would - 

@rickygervais - Please stop saying "You can't joke about anything anymore". You can. You can joke about whatever the #### you like. And some people won't like it and they will tell you they don't like it. And then it's up to you whether you give a #### or not. And so on. It's a good system.

Users who are viewing this thread