What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

do you know your kid's birthdates? (1 Viewer)

Do you know what day & year your kids were born?

• Total voters

mr. furley

Footballguy
without calling/emailing/texting your wife, do you know the date of your child's birth (all of them, @Calvin Murphy)

(assuming that the few mothers we have here know their kids birthdays because... that memory is seared in to their very bones)

Could probably give an exact time within the hour and birth weights as well.  It's one thing not to remember a parent or siblings birthday, much less family extended beyond that.  But your own kids?  Probably the ones that can't remember those dates are the same people that can't remember Independence Day, etc. either.

My daughter's is super easy - 2/21/11.... Two 2's then 1-1-1.

For some odd reason I have to think a second about my son's - 11/6/12 (adding his year - '12 - to his day - 6 - equals his mom's, 11/18).

Go me!

I can easily give dates. Could also give approximate times and weights. Can tell you fairly detailed stories about each event but there are some fairly memorable moments for both, IMO. 
I get what you are saying, but isn't the birth of each of your children memorable?  Granted, I only have two, so maybe there is some breaking point where it is the same ol' same ol', but I felt that both of mine were memorable.  But, I also assumed each parent thought the same thing about the birth of each of their kids.

Seriously? 
oh yeah

for example, my birthday is next week and neither of my parents has a clue how old i will be. they generally know the date.. within a day or two. but year they're fuzzy on.

my brother and i are 1 1/2 years apart. they can never remember how old we are in relation to each other. 

I get what you are saying, but isn't the birth of each of your children memorable?  Granted, I only have two, so maybe there is some breaking point where it is the same ol' same ol', but I felt that both of mine were memorable.  But, I also assumed each parent thought the same thing about the birth of each of their kids.
I don't disagree at all. Mostly was pointing out that unless you have like a dozen of them, then remembering the dates should be a given. But if I had like 12, I can guarantee that I would almost assuredly mix up which story happened with which kid too, so...

When I was 17 my parents divorced, and ever since I have to remind my dad when it's one of my siblings birthdays.  I'm the oldest of 4, and I have the same birthday as my grandmother (his mom) so he has no trouble remembering mine, but for whatever reason he gets theirs mixed up.  He'll think brother's is on sister's bday, or he'll get the days switched for my sisters (months right, days wrong), stuff like that.  If you pinned him down and made him recite the birthdays with a gun to his head he'd probably get the dates correct, but might not remember whose is whose, or he'd think for a minute and correct himself.   

I can't imagine not remembering my own kid's bday, but he's got 4, so I kinda get it. 

Bull Dozier said:
Could probably give an exact time within the hour and birth weights as well.  It's one thing not to remember a parent or siblings birthday, much less family extended beyond that.  But your own kids?  Probably the ones that can't remember those dates are the same people that can't remember Independence Day, etc. either.
wait ... what?

I've got 4 kids and all four have a day of 2x.  So, on occasion I will get a little confused based on that but most of the time I'm good.

First two are easy 1/11 (different years)

I know the other two easily but not as memorable. 

#5, we're told it was one day (6/3) but we don't know for sure and that's almost certainly incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine ever having trouble with this unless you have a crazy number of kids. But my daughter was born on my wife's 30th birthday, so occasionally when asked for their full birthday (like with a doctor's office, or picking up a prescription), I'll say the month and day and get momentarily tripped up on the year. It's not that I forget, but making sure I'm giving the right info for the person.

Users who are viewing this thread