What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Standardized testing, why? (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
I'm helping my cousin for his upcoming gre test. The thing is 8 hours long and costs 300 bucks!! He wants to be a social worker but is all this testing neccessary?

Yes. It is necessary. In fact I would argue we should have more of it.

Want a twitter account? Have to pass a test. 

Want to vote? Test.

Want to use the express lane at the grocery store? Test to make sure you can count to 12 and then you get an express lane card that expires in 4 years.  

Want to become president of the US? True or false test about world leaders and geography.  

Yes. It is necessary. In fact I would argue we should have more of it.

Want a twitter account? Have to pass a test. 

Want to vote? Test.

Want to use the express lane at the grocery store? Test to make sure you can count to 12 and then you get an express lane card that expires in 4 years.  

Want to become president of the US? True or false test about world leaders and geography.  
Parenthood imo

I'm helping my cousin for his upcoming gre test. The thing is 8 hours long and costs 300 bucks!! He wants to be a social worker but is all this testing neccessary?
I can't speak to social work, but in my discipline (economics) the GRE is critically important.  It's impossible to get through graduate-level coursework without an extremely strong math background, which makes the math sub-score a uniquely helpful screen for admissions committees.  It's counter-intuitive, but a student's undergraduate coursework in neither math nor economics really tells you what you need to know, but the GRE does.  

Users who are viewing this thread