What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Thursday Night Game Thread*** Rams vs Seahawks (2 Viewers)

wasnt Goff. the center was an idiot looking around after the guard told him to snap it
Shouldn't the center take a peek at the play clock before he gets in his stance? Shoulda known clock was getting close.

either way ... no reason it should take that long to get the play in and get lined up.

Why does it always come down to getting the snap off in the last 1 or 2 seconds with these teams?

I watch my Pats and they're ready to snap the ball with 8 or 10 seconds still on the play clock. 

Do the OC for these teams not have a play ready in time? ..... "Gotta think of something for 3rd and 7 here ... give me a minute Jarrod"

or is it the QB in the huddle;

"ok fellas, the play is 21, Red, Right, Return, on 2 ... oh, and Cooper, if you make a catch remember to get out of bounds cus we have no time outs ... and guys, make sure no holding on this play. That would be bad. OK, play clock is winding down, we should probably get lined up now ... OH, WAIT, if we get tackled in bounds, get off the field quick so we can get the FG unit on for the try ... cus 3 points and we win here. We don't need a TD. Good luck everybody. Here we go. OK, BREAK!"

Some teams just play so dumb that it's hard to understand. 

Shouldn't the center take a peek at the play clock before he gets in his stance? Shoulda known clock was getting close.

either way ... no reason it should take that long to get the play in and get lined up.

Why does it always come down to getting the snap off in the last 1 or 2 seconds with these teams?

I watch my Pats and they're ready to snap the ball with 8 or 10 seconds still on the play clock. 

Do the OC for these teams not have a play ready in time? ..... "Gotta think of something for 3rd and 7 here ... give me a minute Jarrod"

or is it the QB in the huddle;

"ok fellas, the play is 21, Red, Right, Return, on 2 ... oh, and Cooper, if you make a catch remember to get out of bounds cus we have no time outs ... and guys, make sure no holding on this play. That would be bad. OK, play clock is winding down, we should probably get lined up now ... OH, WAIT, if we get tackled in bounds, get off the field quick so we can get the FG unit on for the try ... cus 3 points and we win here. We don't need a TD. Good luck everybody. Here we go. OK, BREAK!"

Some teams just play so dumb that it's hard to understand. 
I suspect it’s more a case of:

OC: Allrighty Jared, play is Red 36, blue 19, elephant shift, call green 12 at the line, then make sure you tell Todd to shift to a 14-fly of the hot backer is over the tight end.

Goff in huddle:  Um, red 36...blue 19...green 10...no wait, green 12.  Got that, 12?  Ok.  Todd, if they come in over Gerald you gotta run the fly 12, k?

Todd:  Yep, got it.

Goff:  Good, we’ll go green twelve at the line, snap is on two.  Break!

Too much verbiage in some of these schemes.  And heaven forbid someone misses something and needs to hear it again due to crowd noise.

Users who are viewing this thread