What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shady or am I just being butt hurt? (1 Viewer)

jm192

Footballguy
Joined a dynasty startup league with a bunch of strangers from a facebook group page.  We filled the league, got everyone in a group chat and agreed to draft 3 hours later.  The commish said he was going to allow pre-draft trading.

He is the only one that gets a trade with anyone.  

Trade between commish and Team A for a lot of start-up picks.  

Commish gets 1/2/3

Team B gets 2/3/4--as well as the the commishes 2020 1/2/3

Team A is picking 1st, so obviously you're taking Barkley there.  And while getting all of someone's rookie picks is nice--downgrading your 1st 3 picks of the STARTUP draft seems insane.  A lot of people voiced concern, and the commish decided to cancel it.

Fast forward 4 weeks.  

Commish and Team A strike a deal.

Commish gets:   Barkley/Godwin/Waller

Team A gets:  Conner, OJ Howard, Tyrell Williams, Breida, Damien Williams

While I'm a huge advocate of not vetoing trades unless obvious collusion--the situation now gives me pause.  

I don't think I would give up Barkley for that package, but to each their own  I definitely wouldn't give up Barkley and Godwin for that package.  And with it being between the same 2 teams--it strikes me as a red flag.  

But then part of me wonders if I'm being a butt hurt sissy that the commish got a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typing so much I confused myself

Commish got Barkley, gave Conner.
This is such a scam man. I never play FF with randoms anymore.....ever. Seen this garbage too many times in dynasty leagues. Way too many times. I was part of several dynasty leagues in the past that I dropped out of after seeing so many shady trades...just so many between certain teams. Got the hell out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems lopsided to me.  Best RB, Best WR and best TE (arguably and just based on the 4 games this year) in the deal all going to the same team.

That's the wild thing.  It's a free league.  Maybe he was going to see if we wanted to "make it interesting" after year 1?
I’d like to say it’s paranoia but I was in a start up where the commish got busted running 2 teams halfway through the draft.. it happens. And I was in another league where trades like this would happen every year. I lasted 5 years and didn’t enjoy any of them. Just quit and move on. I ended up quitting pretty much all the leagues I started with random people because they all had huge problems. If it wasn’t shady crap it was half the league getting into a huge argument every 2 months. At the very least find a commish you trust or start it yourself.

Meh, it’s a free league, what benefit is there to cheating when you’re not winning anything of value?  The trade smells of people who play redraft trying dynasty for the first time

Meh, it’s a free league, what benefit is there to cheating when you’re not winning anything of value?  The trade smells of people who play redraft trying dynasty for the first time
Yeah, I agree. It could have been an owner panicking that Barkley would miss multiple games - like you said a redraft mentality. If someone is owning two teams to cheat in a free league they have serious issues.

Users who are viewing this thread